Going through a teenager phase at 31

Rose

Recently I have been going though a teenager phase. I really enjoy annoying the goody goodies, being a Karen, interrupting people when they are taking forever to explain basic things, saying phrases such as “obviously” and “yea that’s kinda basic”. The other day I was talking to a customer service lady and she was looking for my name in the system for a long time because she thought it was spelled with a “C” to which I replied to her that she shouldn’t just assume it’s spelled with C and should’ve asked me how it’s spelled. I like being rude to people and even pointing it out when they are being stupid - something unaccepted in Canada because you’re supposed to be fake nice. I enjoy seeing how  astonished people are when I am not behaving according to their/culture’s set of morals and how angry it makes them. 

I also get very annoyed by the proper people who never break rules and follow them to a tee like some basic robots.

Did anything like this happen to anyone? Why am I enjoying it so much?

I think I always enjoyed it to be honest. I just always guilted myself for not being a “good girl” and felt a lot of shame for that side of me. I don’t understand why the goody goodies annoy me so much though - because I don’t think there is a side of me that wants to be a goody goody.

Edited by Rose

5 hours ago, Rose said:

Recently I have been going though a teenager phase. I really enjoy annoying the goody goodies, being a Karen, interrupting people when they are taking forever to explain basic things, saying phrases such as “obviously” and “yea that’s kinda basic”. The other day I was talking to a customer service lady and she was looking for my name in the system for a long time because she thought it was spelled with a “C” to which I replied to her that she shouldn’t just assume it’s spelled with C and should’ve asked me how it’s spelled. I like being rude to people and even pointing it out when they are being stupid - something unaccepted in Canada because you’re supposed to be fake nice. I enjoy seeing how  astonished people are when I am not behaving according to their/culture’s set of morals and how angry it makes them. 

Once again when i read your post i feel like to ask.

What are you feeling so much anger for? Do you express or outlet anger?

16 hours ago, Rose said:

Did anything like this happen to anyone?

No. 

Preteen, emotions are caused (by other people, circumstances, situations).

Teen, emotions & discord of self referential beliefs begin to be noticed. 

Post-teen, emotions are cause-less & one is attracting. 

16 hours ago, Rose said:

Why am I enjoying it so much?

You aren’t. It’s the expressing / releasing of the belief(s).

Preteen, emotions are caused (by other people, circumstances, situations).

Teen, emotions & discord of self referential beliefs begin to be noticed. 

Post-teen, emotions are cause-less & one is attracting. 

8 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

Once again when i read your post i feel like to ask.

What are you feeling so much anger for? Do you express or outlet anger?

Growing up I wasn’t allowed to express my anger, I was raised in a traditional religious home where children (at any age) are not allowed to express their anger towards parents/grandparents no matter how immature and abusive those were. I felt a lot of shame for my anger. 

I am trying to express it now in this way I guess. I don’t think anger is wrong or bad.

Edited by Rose

@Rose But projecting and expressing are not the same. You don't like being a Karen but it feels good to get some energy out in some way. If you feel anger unexpressed everything annoys you. 

Try using the emotional scale. Sometimes the people who annoys us we are actually jealous of and it really feels so much better to admit that. It was an epiphany for me at least. 

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

Sometimes the people who annoys us we are actually jealous of and it really feels so much better to admit that. It was an epiphany for me at least. 

Yes, that’s if it’s your shadow. But why would I want to be the goody goody? Be always on time, follow the rules to a tee, I don’t see how I could be jealous of that?

Also, how else can I express anger without being a Karen? I go to the gym almost every day and I take combat classes where I punch the air for one hour.. it does help a lot.. but I can’t do it all day.. and I still enjoy Karening a lot 

Edited by Rose

8 hours ago, Mandy said:

To believe that one's value is found in one's looks or intelligence is to be the ultimate goody goody. No room for the unconditional in THAT, so you're doomed to strive to be good in some way. Good is just interpreted to mean the upper intellectual hand rather than outwardly displayed kindness.

Wow.. yea you’re right.. never thought of it this way..

But it seems that most of the world values people for that… women for their looks and men for their brains.. why is that so? 

8 hours ago, Rose said:

But it seems that most of the world values people for that… women for their looks and men for their brains.. why is that so? 

You're dreaming up the opposite of who you are.

You're unlimited but dream of limits.

You're unconditionally loved but dream of conditional love.

There must be an effortless way.

9 hours ago, Rose said:

Wow.. yea you’re right.. never thought of it this way..

It seems that way when we focus on it being that way, but it's not true. Think of appreciation as something that people are either allowing or blocking, something that their ability to feel in the moment has nothing to do with you. Demanding that appreciation only come through some specific way or form is blocking appreciation, and feels bad.  

Youtube Channel  

10 hours ago, Rose said:

Also, how else can I express anger without being a Karen?

Expressing anger and being a Karen is not the same. Being a Karen is you projecting your anger on to some thing so the Karen comes forward. "Its because of this i feel anger". "Its because she is like this". This is projection and not expressing. There will be no end to the people annoying you if you feel anger inside. If you didn't these things most likely wouldn't bother you at all. You wouldn't care

Edited by WhiteOwl