Afterglow of psychedelics. How to feel like that all the time?

WhiteOwl

@WhiteOwl

It sounds like you’re saying that thoughts about there being a separate self in time are not thoughts, but are a separate self in time, which has awareness and feelings, and this is based on or somehow related to “showing up”. 

It also sounds like you’re saying awareness is not present and aware that these are actually thoughts presently arising, appearing, or presently being experienced.

Is that right? 

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

It sounds like you’re saying that thoughts about there being a separate self in time are not thoughts, but are a separate self in time, which has awareness and feelings, and this is based on or somehow related to “showing up”. 

No thats not what i am trying to say. I don't believe in a separate self. Awareness is aware of all thoughts. 

Showing up is what awareness is aware of then. 

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

It also sounds like you’re saying awareness is not present and aware that these are actually thoughts presently arising, appearing, or presently being experienced.

Didn't i say just the opposite? I tried to at least. Awareness is present and aware that the thoughts are arising or being experienced. Which is what is wanted to leave out. 

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl said:

I don't believe in a separate self. Awareness is aware of all thoughts. 

22 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

So i've had a few mushroom trips where my vibration really seems to clear and rise (i have to say something, thats how i would describe it), where i show up feeling so great and centered afterwards. Then it always ends at some point and it seems i am in the same place. What is it about tripping that clears you and is it possible to feel like that without psychedelics. I guess it is, i just aint sure how.

Thoughts like wanting to trip before doing things come to mind but thats not sunstainable.

Awareness is aware of those thoughts. 

@WhiteOwl

🙏🏼 

When there is desire for thought or certain thoughts to stop, the inclination is actually for the discord / suffering to stop. There’s nothing wrong at all with thoughts.

(Separate)-self referential thoughts feel discordant to awareness (Self). Generally speaking, the sep self of thought is noticed, and then weeded out, and then again at the root. Then there is the same in terms of perception & sensation, typically referred to here at least as de-conditioning and or emptying. 

When there is resistance to thought, or suppression of thought, projection of emotion occurs. It is as if thought has to ‘go somewhere’, and goes to or spills over into perception. This can make it difficult to notice emotions experienced are in accordance with thoughts experienced. It can seem like emotions experienced are directly related to perception.

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I thought you said in this video that just watched that the large sphere and the small sphere are in an "unending perfect flow"?  The small sphere is the perspective of finite and the large sphere is the perspective of the infinite. 

In short… The large sphere is the ‘room’. The small sphere is the ‘head’. 

4 hours ago, Rose said:

Wow.. you’re so lucky to have an “afterglow”.. i seem to be only experiencing “after confusion” and “after existential crisis”

🤣💚

I have had that experience many times also, dont worry. Have had confusion and crisis after every ayahuasca ceremony so far. Never walked away feeling great. 
But you are meant to go through it however you feel, and ive always come out more clear after a while. 

On 2/22/2024 at 7:58 PM, WhiteOwl said:

🤣💚

I have had that experience many times also, dont worry. Have had confusion and crisis after every ayahuasca ceremony so far. Never walked away feeling great. 
But you are meant to go through it however you feel, and ive always come out more clear after a while. 

Did you have bad trips too? Where you would get panic attacks and think that you’re about to die?

And ❤️

On 2/22/2024 at 4:28 PM, Phil said:

This is what ‘daily meditation is fundamental to trips’ points to. It’s the difference maker. 

Yes, I started doing it this week, one time was really good but twice gave myself a migraine😅, I think I might be doing it wrong 

5 hours ago, Rose said:

Yes, I started doing it this week, one time was really good

That’s great!

5 hours ago, Rose said:

but twice gave myself a migraine😅, I think I might be doing it wrong 

I don’t think it’s the meditation. I would appreciate aspects of yourself, like that you’re productive, driven and very desirable. Whether happy with someone or a situation or not presently, don’t get too sucked in that you’re undercutting yourself and not being aware of & expressing what you want. I think that would resolve any migraines.