Food and Workout Diary, 30 Day Challenge

Mandy

Is this a good idea? The day before Thanksgiving? 🤔 Publicly? No idea!!!

Probably super boring for others to read but let's see what happens if I publicly record what I eat, drink and do for exercise and cleaning for 30 days. I've tried food diarying (totally a word) on paper and always gave up really quickly. I would love to weigh and stay 5 pounds less, maintain or continue to build strength. Also think this would be great to refer back to workouts better because I only have a handful I really know well and forget fast what the others are like. 

Glass of water with thyroid meds, one 10 min Pam workout. 

This one was really good, want to do it again a lot, love the mix of exercises, challenging but not super painful, would like to do again I couldn't do the one arm, one leg planks for the whole 30 seconds today though and the rocking ab workout threw me for a minute. Ab hold still a challenge to hold correctly for 30 seconds.

7AM One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water. 

9:40AM one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

10:10 Licorice tea 

11:00 1/4 cup oatmeal 95 cal with half cup wild blueberries 40 cal

12:00 leftover vegetable soup and leftover wild rice and lentils and lemon balm tea

Definitely don't feel like eating weird or excessive stuff cause I'll have to record it. 😂

Exercise: Trail run with dogs in snow/rain 

grapes, pumpkin seeds and banana, vit d gummies, and apple

squash with vegan butter and lemon juice, roasted baby potatoes w/ oil, homemade veggie/leek soup w/o oil

BANANA 

Youtube Channel  

14 hours ago, Mandy said:

Definitely don't feel like eating weird or excessive stuff cause I'll have to record it. 😂

I thought about making a food journal before you posted this too, but I want to keep eating weird meals and excessive amounts of one thing 😂 

When & if you eat no oil, do you make any sauce for dry food?

3 minutes ago, noomii said:

I thought about making a food journal before you posted this too, but I want to keep eating weird meals and excessive amounts of one thing 😂 

When & if you eat no oil, do you make any sauce for dry food?

Do it, I'd love to have company! On the flip side it helps noticing when you're focusing on what people are thinking. This might get really weird before 30 days is up, but so far it's keeping me more... intentional? 24 hours in. 😂 I haven't gotten into the kid's Halloween candy again yet at least. 

I don't usually does sauces because mostly it's extra effort and most sauces are full of oils and salts anyway, I usually steam stuff or do soups when I go without oil, or I put lemon juice on stuff. 

Youtube Channel  

Eh... kinda fun, good workout, steady cardio, not much challenging HITT stuff. OK.

Phew. Music is awesome, will work up to this one. Couldn't do the starfish thing the whole way through, had to modify then got out of breath and had to pause in a few exercises after that one. Great one to repeat for a challenge. 

Want to improve with side plank, leg extended ab hold, leg raises, not nearly yet keeping up with Pam there. 😕

Woke up with more energy, probably because less refined sugar and flours, mood was less than stellar after meditation, workout shifted it. Nice chest opening buzz kinda thing. 

Thanksgiving was postponed because my FIL got covid, so I'm working today and eating whatever. 

6:30  16 ounce lemon water

7:20 16 ounce celery juice

8:10 Heavy metal detox smoothie 

Did the medical medium morning basically because I had stuff to use up. It leaves you with a metric shit ton of things to wash, and feeling almost too relaxed except for the way the kitchen looks, which is not relaxing. 🤷‍♀️

10:00 Apple

11:00 1/4 cup oatmeal 95 cal with half cup wild blueberries 40 cal  and licorice tea, vit d gummies 

12:30 squash with vegan butter, veggie soup, cocoa in hot water with almond milk

Exercise: 1 mile walk with kids 

2:30 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water and one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

Exercise: hike with dogs

grapes

Gluten free dairy free apple crisp and almond milk, squash with vegan butter, veggie soup and more apple crisp. 🙂

cup of moringa and cup of nettle tea

BANANA

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy

21 hours ago, Mandy said:

I don't usually does sauces because mostly it's extra effort and most sauces are full of oils and salts anyway, I usually steam stuff or do soups when I go without oil, or I put lemon juice on stuff. 

Ok! 🙂

Have you tried growingannanas before?

https://youtube.com/@growingannanas?si=GTsDipfkUhCVzvkb

I do most of my indoor workouts with her.

Edited by noomii

@noomii No, thanks for sharing though! I usually get no more than 20 minutes before the kids have to get ready for school and if I do have time I'm usually just done after that so I usually shy away from the longer timed workout channels. 😂 I should try to fit in some longer workouts and see how I do though. I'll try one of her's soon, thanks! 

Pretty good intensity, fun, no intense mountain climbers or high knees. 

Mostly squats, includes squat jumps and weighted squats. 

Weight 129 lbs  

One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water and one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

Oatmeal and frozen wild blueberries, left over apple crisp and banana, HUNGRY 

Can of sardines with mustard and veggie soup

banana and licorice tea

Exercise: Trail walk/run with dogs

grapes, banana, pineapple 

apple, arugula, zucchini cooked in a little avocado oil, water, and coconut aminos, Brussel sprouts and oatmilk "butter"

another apple

I don't know how to explain, this has changed the whole thought narrative. I like to think things about myself and how I am and what I need that sort of gloss over what's wanted. 😬THEME of the day. 

Youtube Channel  

12 hours ago, Mandy said:

@noomii No, thanks for sharing though! I usually get no more than 20 minutes before the kids have to get ready for school and if I do have time I'm usually just done after that so I usually shy away from the longer timed workout channels. 😂 I should try to fit in some longer workouts and see how I do though. I'll try one of her's soon, thanks! 

This is a playlist with her shorter ones

Need to work up to the side planks. I've got about 40 seconds in me. 😄

128.6 lbs. Last night I had trouble sleeping because I was hungry, which is annoying. By trouble sleeping I mean it took probably 5 or 10 extra minutes cause normally I'm out. 

Chocolate GOL meal powder in a glass of water and sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water. 

Oatmeal and wild blueberries vitamin d gummies

Apple and a mejool date

Thanksgiving meal at inlaws, squash, peas, carrots, mashed potato, all with real butter, I guess whoooo knows? oh well, couple green stuffed olives 

Two mejool dates

Orange in the McDonald's parking lot. 

Zucchini, Brussel sprouts and vegan butter, 2 gala apples they are zee best

Hibiscus/rose hip tea

Youtube Channel  

Nice both arms and core workout

3 miles-ish run in cold on pavement. Mittens too warm, I dunno what to wear on my hands.  First part of the run was gorgeous, return trip I seem to hit a point that's a bit of a slog and work out of it. It's sort of a weird route because of the places you can see ahead and the perception of how far home is. It's like the whole thing switches from just running into the sun on a badass adventure that gets prettier and more remote as you go, to just running back. 🤷‍♀️Temp regulation is weird, I feel cold and sweating overheating at the same time. I don't know if an extra wool base layer instead of the fleece pullover would fix it? 🤔 Oh the temptation to gird ourselves in plastic products. It seems both so smart and so dumb. 

127.2 lbs

One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water and one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

Roasted dandelion tea 

Really good energy!🙂

Chrysanthemum tea 

Gala apple, 1/4 cup oatmeal and wild blueberries 

Amy's Chinese noodles and veggies frozen meal 420 calories. I buy these as treats. 😁Bleh, feels like a lot. 😂

Orange 

Exercise: Hike with dog

Grapes

canned wild salmon with lemon juice, peas + broccoli with vegan butter + lemon juice

still hungry, a few carrots and zucchini pieces stolen from hubby's hello fresh meal, more salmon + lemon juice, gala apple

vitamin d gummies, zinc and b12 liquid, hibiscus tea + lemon, medjool date

frozen cherries

Youtube Channel  

Overall pretty good as a workout butt I messed this up thought I was mirroring Pam, but I dunno what happened, and did the exercises on the same side twice, and tried to even it up after. 😂 Why am I not 5'9 and blonde yet? 🤔 

Day 6  128.6 lbs 🤷‍♀️  

Sore, day off tomorrow I think. 

One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water and one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water. 

Gala apple

1/4 cup oatmeal and extra wild blueberries

cocoa powder in hot water and raspberry leaf tea

peas broccoli and vegan butter, salmon with vegan mayo on three rice cakes, 2 BANANAS peak ripeness, holy grail bananas

vit d gummies 

BANANA and apple

Exercise: Walk with dog

Smoothie with wild blueberries, banana, spirulina and barley grass powder

2 medjool dates

turmeric tea

peas and vegan butter salmon with vegan mayo on two rice cakes, orange 

BANANA ( at 5 bananas today, hmm)

lemon water

Youtube Channel  

Day 7 I think I should try to have at least a 12 hour window where I don't eat.

6:30 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water

banana

banana

julienned carrots and cauliflower risotto with asparagus and mushrooms sautéed in avocado oil with coconut aminos, some garlic salt, pepper and lemon juice. Sounds fancy but was really lots of impulsive decisions coming together to make something. 🤷‍♀️

one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water and a medjool date

Amy's Chinese noodles and veggies frozen meal (420 calories) and gala apple a few weird dried blueberries I impulsively bought at Walmart

hibiscus tea

walk with dogs

grapes

Amy's lentil/vegetable lower sodium soup with fresh arugula 

roasted dandelion root tea

6:30 BANANA 

lemon water

Youtube Channel  

This was intense, nice intense. I like. However, dog jumped on me during starfish jumps, he thought these were super exciting first thing in the morning so I I took a break to crate him, and again to turn the heat down. 

FUUUUUUCK. I would like to work up to doing the ab holds. Side planks also I've got about a minute tops in my shoulders right now and she calls for 1:30. 

Day 8  127.8 lbs  

6:30 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

hibiscus/hawthorn tea

1/4 cup oatmeal and probably 3/4 cup wild blueberries

gala apple and vit d gummies 

sardines and leftover Amy's lentil soup and arugula and banana and lemon balm tea

cocoa powder in hot water 

apple + medjool date

grapes

banana

Amy's French Country vegetable soup with arugula + medjool date

lemon balm tea

apple, rest of soup plus arugula and an orange, done by 6:30

hibiscus/rosehip tea

Youtube Channel  

Day 9!

This was meh-ok. She has workouts that are more fun. Noticed I feel better starting with cardio, then doing strength last. I really notice the lack of mood boost some days when I do just strength exercises. 

Repeated this one, still really like it a lot. I love anything with back exercises, superman, etc and planks and plank variations. Doing better with one armed planks.

127.0 pounds. I feel awesome. Sleeping solidly, and waking up earlier with energy. 

6:30 (0r 6:40) One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

gala apple

vit d gummies, sardines and lemon juice, roasted dandelion root tea

medjool date, banana

walk with dog

honeycrisp apple and date and lemon balm tea, zinc

banana

dried cranberries, three rice cakes with vegan mayo, fresh tomato and basil and kalamata olives, Amy's lentil soup and arugula and gala apple

2 bananas and frozen cherries done by 6:30

hibiscus rosehip tea, zinc and b12

Youtube Channel  

Day 10!

A slower paces and weights was a nice change up but hard to get used to after Pam's 30 seconds intervals. Left side arm plank I could hold the whole time with the weight, right side I didn't manage and had to take breaks. I will ask my sister about form when I see her to rule that out, otherwise my right side is just weaker? Intensity was right, and man the last full burpee, dumbbell jumping thing was uncalled for. But the full minute going from 30 seconds, and maintaining the form of that through the cool down was kinda strange. Still don't know how Pam manages to do so well with the music or choreography with it. 

126.4 pounds 

7:00 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

gala apple

lentil soup, broccoli with oat milk butter and lemon juice, hibiscus hawthorn tea

orange, medjool date, banana, lemon balm tea

GOL vanilla chai protein powder in glass of water 140 cal

buttercup squash and lemon juice

grapes

more squash, oatmilk butter and lemon juice, sooo good

2 bananas and apple, done by 6:30

chrysanthemum tea

lemon balm tea

zinc

Youtube Channel  

Day 11!

Fun!

Midweigh through struggled a little and had to take breaks. Will do again another day. 

126.6 pounds 

One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

hibiscus hawthorn tea

sat for 4 hours at a fair and had two bananas, two medjool dates, and two apples over the course of that

sardines and lemon juice, squash, lemon juice and oatmilk butter, orange

60 cal Sunwarrior vanilla chi lean protein, chia seeds are strange

walk with dog

roasted dandelion leaf tea

buttercup squash and lemon juice and oatmilk butter, leek vegetable soup, apple lemon water done by 6:30

Legs are very sore today

Youtube Channel  

Day 12     

Really sore, hamstrings tight, left side stomach pain is back, not sure what's up. Will try to get to the pool soon. 

7:00 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

apple

cocoa powder in hot water

sweet potato and oatmilk butter, leek, potato and veggie soup, moringa tea

medjool date, dried cranberries, banana

two rice cakes loaded with canned sockeye salmon, vegan avocado mayo and tarragon 

wild blueberries frozen and nettle tea

walk with dog

apple

almond flour pizza crust (made to eat as bread) with oatmilk butter and leek/vegetable soup

lemon water

banana and apple done before 6:30 

Youtube Channel