Food and Workout Diary, 30 Day Challenge

Mandy

Day 13!

Good, not my favorite, but gets higher paced at the end. 

Nice, some standing exercises which are later repeated, lots of russian twists. Still having challenge with ab holds and scissor kicks, need to drop or bend legs. Feels sooo good to workout again although the first three minutes were the total opposite, I thought I might be gonna hurl. 😂 

126.6 lbs

Hamstrings still tight which must be the cause of the left side abdomen pain. I think it's a spinal, fascia thing that I feel in the front, like the knee bone is connected to the elbow bone song (or something like that), cause everything is inconveniently connected in a display of brilliantly designed unplanned chaos and wonderous ridiculousness that is the human body. The world feels so much brighter after working out, muscles feel freer, yay! 

6:55 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water,

one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

1/4 cup oatmeal and probably 3/4 cup wild blueberries

cocoa powder in hot water

almond flour pizza crust (made to eat as bread) with oatmilk butter (SO GOOD) and leek/vegetable soup with lemon juice, lemon water, vitamin d

two bananas, medjool date, piece of almond flour "bread", two rice cakes with canned sockeye salmon, vegan avocado mayo 

walk with dogs in snow

grapes

more grapes and pineapple

almond flour pizza crust (made to eat as bread) with oatmilk butter and leek/vegetable soup with lemon juice, lemon water

apple and banana, hibiscus/hawthorn tea done by 6:30 

Youtube Channel  

Day 14.....!?

I read that you aren't supposed to weight yourself after working out, but I drink a glass of water first thing, so that processes through. Weighed myself before working out 127.6 after, 126.8... interesting. Going to weigh myself before the glass of water. I'd like to get to 125 and see how that feels. 

One of my long time favorites but starting to get bored with it a bit. 

Repeated this one, still having to take a quick break with the outer leg lifts. 

Thought squats would help with left side thingy going on. 

7:00 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

moringa tea, oatmeal with wild blueberries, two dates, vitamin d gummies 

Amy's southwestern soup (too salty, can't you make a canned soup without putting the whole f-ing salt shaker in it?, might throw the rest away ) with almond flour (bread) and oatmilk butter, hibiscus hawthorn tea

60 calories sunwarrior lean salter caramel protein, cocoa powder in hot water

walk with dog in snow

salmon with maple syrup and lemon juice, apple, and 2 medjool dates. Really difficult day with stuff going wrong, desire to overeat right now. 

smallish potatoes with vegan butter, sweet potato with vegan butter, made a soup thrown together with potatoes, sweet potatoes, celery, onion, garlic, parsley, thyme, carrots, tomato paste, tried a little bit but it's not ready, so will be for tomorrow. lemon water

Frozen wild blueberries finished at 6:40 🤷‍♀️

Youtube Channel  

Day 15

127.4 pounds. 

niwi4h-maroneyweb.thumb.webp.c16dc5a654b13d8a92c16bc0101ca1ae.webp

Yeah, don't weight yourself everyday, yayaya, but I KNOW IT WAS YOU AND YOUR TOO SALTY SOUP AMY. 

Pulled neck muscle in first three minutes. Are warmups a good idea maybe? FUCKED IF I KNOW. It's fairly minor thankfully.

Struggled to maintain pace and form in the last 10 minutes, going more than 20 minutes with good intensity, seems to hit a wall. Not that walls can't be worked through but walls are nice to leave where they are sometimes too? Nice cozy walls. I will look at wallpaper samples later. 

thoughts about what's not how I want it, and focusing on that while doing tough exercises. I SEE HOW THIS GOES.

6:40 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water,

half scoop of GOL chocolate meal powder, oatmeal with wild blueberries

cocoa powder in hot water with unsweetened vanilla almond milk

homemade soup, (way better than Amy's) roasted dandelion root tea

two apples, two medjool dates

grapefruit

big salad cucumber, spinach, arugula, carrots with Annie's (not Amy, Annie) sesame ginger dressing and a few cashews, a medjool date, more soup, hibiscus/rosehip tea, vit d gummies, zinc, apple done by 6:00

Youtube Channel  

Day 16, 127.0 lbs

Did this for my neck, it always helps with neck pain. I want to do a HIIT or cardio thing, but I have a lot of work to do today and don't want to risk making the neck thing worse. 

7:00 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water,

oatmeal with wild blueberries, vit d and vit c gummy, and small apple

cocoa powder in hot water with almond milk

hibiscus/rose hip tea

small potato with oatmilk butter (so good) salad with spinach, lettuce mix, arugula, sweet potato and annie's ginger sesame dressing and a few cashews

two apples, two medjool dates

walk with dog

orange and grapefruit

lemon balm tea

small potato with oat milk butter, veggie soup, Brussel sprouts roasted with maple syrup, a little avocado oil, and garlic salt, oat milk butter, apple, lemon balm tea

Youtube Channel  

Day 17   127.4lbs 

Medium intensity, fun though. 

More intense and fun. Pure cardio today. 

6:45 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

banana 

(Feeling like I'm failing if I don't get the scale to go down, like I've gone back to my comfort zone. Want to blame it on hormonal changes, having the extra stress of kids being home sick and dealing with that while working as well. WHIMP. The point is to have fun and feel good.)

vit d gummies, licorice tea

1/4 cup oatmeal with wild blueberries, two apples

sardines with lemon juice, salad with annie's dressing, leftover Brussel sprouts roasted

banana, medjool date, cocoa powder in hot water with almond milk 

grapes

4 rice cakes with tomatoes, vegan mayo, basil, and kalamata olives, peas and oatmilk butter, gala apple, hibiscus/rose hip tea done 5:50 

lemon balm tea

Youtube Channel  

Day 18!

126.8 lbs

The squat sequence in this (I've been doing for months and one of the only ones I maintain through summer) or the mad fit one seems to prevent/get rid of the left side abdomen pain. Seems to be some sort of tightness in my hips or psoas for lack of a better idea of what exactly it is. The mad fit one might even be better but no glute bridges. 

Nice intensity, very ab focused.

I didn't expect this with starting this journal but the key thing I recognize that I want to focus on is eating in a smaller time period. Already doing way better. 

Stuff I'd like to do... 

🌟Do this workout one time through completely sometime this winter. Is this for the sake of fitness, or entertainment? 😂 Might try it when I get my Christmas break soon. Also get to the pool for the swim and ice arena for a skate on Christmas break if I can. 

🌟Start working out with weights. They kick my ass. The intense soreness sucks. I just want my nice buzz, conditioning, some strength building, I don't want to be so sore I can't clean my house the next day. I'm afraid if I do weight workouts that's what I'm gonna get, but that just might be how it is at the start, or I just need to start with much lighter weights? Here might be a good place to start but with a ten pound weight. She's lifting waaay more, but I dunno what to start with. 

🌟Make a list of restorative/ maintenance workouts for summer for when I no longer do as much strength stuff because no AC and I'm outside hiking and swimming instead. But even better would be to maintain this through the summer and do that stuff in addition, why not? 

7:36  One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water.

1/4 cup oatmeal with wild blueberries, cocoa powder in hot water with almond milk, licorice tea

Amy's lower sodium  French Country soup, with fresh spinach and arugula (greens cool off soup, soup warms up greens) so 🥶right now from working in a cold studio.

grapes, pumpkin seeds

Annie's chinese noodles meal, peas with oatmilk butter, two bananas Done 5:45

Hibiscus rose hip tea

Youtube Channel  

Day 19

127 lbs

Day off because I had a massage yesterday. 

7:00 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water. vitamin d gummies

licorice tea, hot cocoa and almond milk 

banana, oatmeal and blueberries

salmon, vegan mayo, on rice cakes with tarragon, apple, rosehip/hibiscus tea 

medjool date, hot cocoa and almond milk, lemon balm tea

grapes, pumpkin seeds, pistachios 

banana and orange

sunwarrior lean salted caramel 60 cal and apple, banana

peas and vegan butter done by 6:00

moringa tea

Probably ate too much, rough day. 

Youtube Channel  

Day 20!

127.2 happy with that because yesterday was 😐

So happy to workout again. Want to make a soup today and eat less throughout the day. Stopping eating earlier at night is giving me much more energy when I wake up. 

Intuition said to the arms one again. 🤷‍♀️

Middle part is still rough, my bands are too short, or I haven't worked up to the lighter one them, so I ordered a different set, and am starting the toss the band for the last two exercises. Power went out halfway through, so I finished it after the kids got on the bus.  

Practicing my form with 25 pounds, to move back to my 35 pound kettlebell. I think I might like Amy. Checked out the channel, and there are lots of workouts with weights, cool. This one looks good. 

This journal has been so helpful in quickly recognizing what I want/problem solving quicker. On rest days either yoga or a 20 minutes extra on the meditation cushion is in order. 👍

7:10ish One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water

1/4 cup oatmeal and about 3/4 cup blueberries, banana

3 rice cakes with canned salmon, vegan mayo and tarragon, hot cocoa and almond milk, rosehip/hibiscus tea, large apple

banana and sunwarrior lean salted caramel 60 cal

grapefruit, banana, medjool date, lemon balm tea

Amy's lentil soup, sooo rushed, asparagus with vegan butter, banana done by 5:30

lemon water

Youtube Channel  

Day 21....!

Used five pound weights to try to keep from being too sore, but it also wasn't the most intense workout. Appreciated the stretches and rests throughout though. 

Worked on kettlebell swing and form again with 25 pounds. 

7:00 

One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

cocoa powder, hot water and almond milk, licorice tea

1/4 cup oatmeal and about 3/4 cup blueberries

2 rice cakes with canned salmon, vegan mayo and tarragon, spinach, arugula, cucumber and three oranges (that seems excessive but 🤷‍♀️) made into lazy salad thing

hawthorn/hibiscus tea

banana, medjool date, sunwarrior lean salted caramel 60 cal

hike with dogs 

grapes

banana, spinach, arugula and cashews with Annie's sesame ginger dressing, peas and mushrooms and vegan butter

apple and rose hip hibiscus tea done by 6:05

Youtube Channel  

Day 22!

Music is 🔥 Failed to properly complete and hold probably 40-45% of the exercises. Fun to see where I'm at though. Ab holds still SO hard.

7:20 16 ounce lemon water

8:05 16 ounce celery juice

11:15  One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water. one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

Might try to repeat this tomorrow, with the aim of eating in an 8 hour window with the exception of lemon water and celery juice. I was busy out doing errands had a lot of energy but felt the hunger. When I'm less busy and not out of the house it might be harder to put off eating food. Will watch that, maybe that's something I believe.  Lots of soreness in my butt and upper legs from the 10 extra pound weights added to stuff yesterday! Amuses me how little weight it takes in the form of hand weights to feel it elsewhere. 😆

turmeric with ginger tea

sardines, orange, wild blueberries 3/4-1 cup, broccoli and lemon juice and oatmilk butter

roasted dandelion root tea (so good, kinda like coffee) 

leek/potato vegetable soup. I LOVE LEEKS. They are my new favorite thing. You can make a soup out of just healthy stuff, no oil, no meat, just add a leek and garlic, always pretty great in a wholesome way imo. 

hike with dog

banana, peas and vegan butter, more soup, half a pomegranate, apple done by 5:50

hibiscus rosehip tea, zinc 

lemon balm tea

Youtube Channel  

Day 23

126.6 lbs

😂 

This was really nice. One exercise I went from 5 pounds to 3 but that was it, had to modify pushups on knees, arms were fatigued to the point of failure at the end. I've been working on building up strength with abs and legs for a while, but have neglected any focus on arms mostly cause I don't like the exercises as much. 

Abs are sore, butt is sore, tomorrow arms probably gonna be hella sore, rest day tomorrow I think. 😂 Decided not to try intermittent fasting today, considering doing it on rest days and errand days and experimenting with it. I'm concerned that it might not be good to workout and not eat after for recovery and I love my first thing in the morning workouts. Will try tomorrow and see how it goes. This for tomorrow possibly.

6:30 16 ounce lemon water

7:00 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water. one scoop 90 cal vanilla sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water

chrysanthemum tea

spinach, arugula with Annie's dressing (mostly just soy sauce some sweetener and soybean oil 😐 ) with sweet potatoes, pomegranate, apple 

hot cocoa, turmeric tea

baked potato and vegan butter, soup,  freezing my arse off today

hike with dogs, COLD

two apples, an orange, some pumpkin seeds and pistachios. Over ate the pumpkin seeds, always happens at my moms house when I visit with the kids cause they are sitting there, and I am sitting there, and they are sitting there, and I am sitting there... . I'm not sure how to plan around this. Don't eat pumpkin seeds at moms? 🤔

banana, grapefruit, soup, hibiscus tea, apple, done before 6:00

Youtube Channel  

Day 24

125.4 lbs  Not very sore at all today, feel great, so not doing a rest day.

total ass kicker 👍Thumb nail was actually foreshadowing.

Could not use band at beginning, hoping the bands I ordered are lighter weight than the lightest in this set I have. 😆There's just no range of motion, and I don't know who or what is to blame for that. 😂

7:15 lemon water

7:50 celery juice  feels great, good energy, still not sure what the deal is with celery juice but I think it's absolute magic and also a pain in the arse

8:45  One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla Sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water.

( that's 64 ounces of fluids, good thing I work from home)

leftover Hello fresh shrimp/rice stir fry with peanuts and green beans my husband saved out for me, sunwarrior Lean salted caramel 60 cal, vitamin d gummies

banana, grapefruit, zinc

veggie soup

hike with dogs, strangely got lightheadedness, weakness and feeling like I couldn't regulate my temperature at the end. 🤷‍♀️ Otherwise great energy today, worked straight ahead. 

grapes, banana, sardines with lemon juice, pumpkin seeds 😆

rutabaga and Brussel sprouts with oat milk butter, half a mealy apple, 2nd apple, done by 6:10

hibiscus tea

Youtube Channel  

Day 25

124.8 lbs

Wanted to try one of her workouts. I think my form through the heel touch/pushup was rough. 😆 I have some numbness in my right hand I need to watch, might be related to my work or exercise, or both, possibly neck strain? will try self massage and Chinese acupuncture cupping

6:50 lemon water

7:30 celery juice

8:10 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, one scoop 90 cal vanilla Sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water. 

spinach, arugula with Annie's dressing with sweet potatoes, big bowl of soup with some fresh spinach thrown in, orange, vitamin d gummies, zinc

banana then directly following,

hike with dogs (lots of energy, yay!)

grapefruit, a few grapes and pumpkin seeds

hibiscus tea and nettle tea

rutabaga and Brussel sprouts with oat milk butter, veggie soup, apple, frozen blueberries done around 6:30

lemon balm tea

Youtube Channel  

Day 26

124.8 lbs 

You vs you should have been a tip off.  😂Not used to this workout video style but wanting to do more weights and strength stuff to be more well rounded and shake things up. Still have a hard time adjusting to her pace, seems slow at the start, the breaks seem long, but the end was incredibly intense, no breaks, couldn't sustain the ab exercises for the longer time. Still struggling with abs holds and flutter kicks.  I did appreciate using my ten pound weights and the bicep curls and that it's 30 minutes and full body. 

So fatigued! Barely made it through the shower. 😂

7:10 lemon water

7:50 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, 8:30 one scoop 90 cal vanilla Sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water.

zinc, feeling exhausted and either got allergies or something else This is what I take for zinc, sharing in case anyone is looking for one, I really like it. 

banana

rose hip hibiscus tea

cocoa powder in hot water, zinc and vitamin d gummies

Fresh spinach salad with caramelized onions, sweet potato, Annie's sesame dressing and a little arugula, sardines + lemon juice

licorice tea, wild blueberries frozen

banana, medjool date

rutabaga with vegan butter, fresh spinach salad with caramelized onions, sweet potato, and olives, orange and apple, done at 6:45

hibiscus/hawthorn tea

Feeling better, not sure if the workout set me off, or allergies or what 

Youtube Channel  

Day 27

124.8 lbs

Fun!

Intense but straightforward exercises 

Lemon water

Celery juice

Gol power and sunwarrior protein powder

Blueberries 

Leek and veggie soup, olives, vegan butter on a baked potato

Banana

2 more bananas and an orange

More soup

Licorice tea

Sardines with mustard, olives, Apple

Apple

Soup with some rice, wild grains, lentils mix with some oil (no power have to be extra creative)

Rosehip/hibiscus tea

Apple, done just before 6:00

Youtube Channel  

Workouts I found to save for later, (going to be removing these as they are done and posted below and adding new ones)

Carolyn lower body kettlebell

triceps with Carolyn

Full body core with dumbbells

20 min glutes with band

Pam 50 minute cardio party maybe lol

Pam full body + dance

Zuzka fat burning workout

Zuzka legs, arms, cardio

Zuzka 5 min with kettlebell and exercise ball

POPSUGAR tabata 45min

growingananas 15 min core

24 min tabata

25 full body with weights

30 min advanced hiit with kettlebell

Leek soup is really helping me stay on track thought I'd go into more detail for future reference or if anyone wants to do the same, to make, just add enough water to consistency you like to everything, cut up a large clove of garlic or up to 3 smaller ones, a few potatoes, 3 pieces of celery, 3-4 carrots, one large or two small leeks, don't use the green pieces or only the part near the white part of the leek.  Add a bay leaf, a shake of red pepper (there's no salt or oils so you want to give it a kick). Add lemon juice if you miss the salt, need some acidity. Add fresh greens to cool off soup as desired.) 

Youtube Channel  

Day 28

124.4 lbs

Still struggling with holding side planks exercises. Nice workout though, enjoyed.

This was awesome, just what I was looking for. 

No power still, extensive widespread damage and no estimates for restoration yet. 

Gol meal powder. Sunwarrior powder. 

Orange, vit d gummies

Banana

Walk with dog, power back, yay!

Soup with ancient grain and rice mix, olives and fresh spinach lemon water, cocoa powder in hot water

Two apples

Lemon balm tea, leek soup with ancient grains/rice mix, apple, baked potato with pepper and oatmilk butter, zinc, done by 6:15

Lemon balm tea

Youtube Channel  

Day 29!

124.6 lbs

Loved the rotating side planks at the end, yeeeeeees! 

7:00 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, 8:30 one scoop 90 cal vanilla Sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water.

leek/veggie soup, baked potato with vegan butter 60 cal salted caramel Sunwarrior LEAN, hibiscus tea

sardines with jalapeno, apple hot water and cocoa powder, vit d gummies

licorice tea

grapefruit, apple

Amy's Chinese noodles and veggies frozen meal 420 calories, large honeycrisp apple, lemon balm tea, peas and vegan butter, done by 6:20

lemon water

Youtube Channel  

Day 30!!!!

124.4 lbs  Started at 130-131, so lost the 5 pounds I was hoping to. Will write a summary tonight about how this was, and will be resetting the day count and continuing for another 30 days with a slightly different focus. 

Tough, but she made that pretty obvious. 

Got the correct bands, yay! Still am not holding for the full time, have to drop my leg periodically. 

7:15 One scoop 150 cal Garden of Life chocolate meal in a glass of water, 8:30 one scoop 90 cal vanilla Sunwarrior protein powder in a glass of water.

grapefruit

peas and two small baked potatoes both with vegan butter, 60 cal salted caramel LEAN sunwarrior mix drink

turmeric tea

large honeycrisp apple

hike with dogs

peas and oatmilk butter, orange

https://minimalistbaker.com/1-pot-pumpkin-black-bean-soup/ Made this with garbanzo beans rather than chicken and ate a lot of it. Did not actually have chili powder, oh well. Salad greens with sweet potato and vegan ranch dressing

gala apple, done by 6:10 

hibiscus tea

Youtube Channel  

Keeping this journal allowed me to focus in a way that was fun pretty much throughout the whole thing, I enjoyed it a lot. I've never written down what I ate for more than a short time, and it was so easy in this format, and to add the videos and refer back with notes was awesome. It helped me to enjoy foods I like a lot more intentionally. The next fun challenge was apparent and fun and arose naturally, longer workouts, stopping eating in the evening around 6.

I got a lot more energy, felt good, mood great in a time of year when the lack of daylight has been rough.. all that surpassed my expectations of what would happen. I also noticed that the pattern I've had going on since I was a teenager is confusing fitness with the pursuit of my caricature but never decided upon ideal of the perfect body, the focus on what's not perfect, forgetting fun, energy, or feeling great. So in that way dropping 5 pounds got me nothing but some awareness of my thoughts. 😆 You'll get nothing and you'll like it. 🙂Said in this voice.

I'm going to continue for the next 30 days and journal through as feels good to do so, noticing when it comes up, and put my full length mirror away in the closet for 30 days and see what happens. I like weighing myself everyday because it gives me an idea of what's up without getting negligent, but I'm not gonna worry about it too much. I'd also like to see what 120 and maybe under feels like. Lots of things like "what if I pass out randomly", "I'll freeze to death, you have to have fat in a cold climate", "but mom told me I had to have extra weight to be healthy" "come up. 😂 I'd also like to continue to build strength and stamina, do some longer workouts, find some more fun challenges. 

Youtube Channel