What does Phil mean by The Emotional Guidance?

Reena

I don't understand the meaning of emotional guidance. 

tempImagezqidKZ.jpg?format=2500w

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/the-emotional-scale

Nature-beauty-clouds-colorful-forest-mou

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

I usually feel the following most of the time - 

Frustration /irritation/impatience 

Overwhelment

Insecurity/Shame/Unworthiness 

Fear/Grief/Despair/Powerlessness 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

What's the meaning of this sentence? 

Feel the outward orientation of these thoughts about your experience.

What's outward orientation? 

Mostly I'm struggling with the "inner child" crisis.. There are a range of emotions I feel from time to time but I mostly feel "deprivation"... Like deprived. 

@Phil Phillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, the feeling of deprivation or "deprived" is not on the Emotional Scale. You need to include that Emotion. C'mon 

I have been feeling deprived ever since I was a child. How come nobody noticed this emotion?????

Include it. 

trevor-noah-wtf-what-the-f-what-the-dail

Edited by Reena

1 hour ago, Reena said:

I don't understand the meaning of emotional guidance

Which emotion is felt in regard to the thought… that there is “understanding” & “meaning”, but “I don’t understand the meaning”?

Just casually look at the scale and see which emotions seems closest to how that concept feels. 

46 minutes ago, Reena said:

I usually feel the following most of the time - 

Frustration /irritation/impatience 

Overwhelment

Insecurity/Shame/Unworthiness 

Fear/Grief/Despair/Powerlessness 

Which emotion is felt presently, in regard to the thought about there being another self, in time?

49 minutes ago, Reena said:

What's the meaning of this sentence? 

Feel the outward orientation of these thoughts about your experience.

What's outward orientation? 

“Share about experience”. Outward.

”Share about awareness”. Inward. 

29 minutes ago, Reena said:

Mostly I'm struggling with the "inner child" crisis.. There are a range of emotions I feel from time to time but I mostly feel "deprivation"... Like deprived. 

@Phil Phillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, the feeling of deprivation or "deprived" is not on the Emotional Scale. You need to include that Emotion. C'mon 

I have been feeling deprived ever since I was a child. How come nobody noticed this emotion?????

Include it. 

Which emotion is felt in regard to how the concepts of inner child  & deprivation feel? 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Which emotion is felt in regard to the thought… that there is “understanding” & “meaning”, but “I don’t understand the meaning”?

Just casually look at the scale and see which emotions seems closest to how that concept feels. 

Which emotion is felt presently, in regard to the thought about there being another self, in time?

“Share about experience”. Outward.

”Share about awareness”. Inward. 

Which emotion is felt in regard to how the concepts of inner child  & deprivation feel? 

The emotion of deprivation. It's not on the list. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Which emotion is felt in regard how the concept ‘deprivation’ feels?

Casually glance at the scale and pick whichever emotion seems closest.  

There is no emotion on the scale that corresponds to feeling "deprived?" 

Just now, Phil said:

Start more simply.

When the thought arises, “I am deprived”… does that thought feel great, or not great? 

Not great. 

Deprivation is the general belief that you don't have what you want which can feel discouraging, irritating, powerlessness, insecurity, jealousy, anger, basically the whole range that don't feel great. 

Abraham Hicks wrote the scale, I highly suggest listening to her recording videos on youtube and the scale will make much more sense. 

Youtube Channel  

12 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Deprivation is the general belief that you don't have what you want which can feel discouraging, irritating, powerlessness, insecurity, jealousy, anger, basically the whole range that don't feel great. 

I can describe it as craving something that I need/needed. Like a sugar or vitamin deficiency. Deficit. 

The scale is not complete in my opinion. God didn't make it. 

In my opinion without having some  Abraham Hicks background it's less likely to clarifying, pretty sure she also says it's not complete. Even so, it's an excellent tool. A lot of what we believe are emotions, aren't emotions but are an extra layer of interpretation or assumption. In the realization of seeing that something we think we feel is not on the scale, we see through another layer of interpretation rationalizing why we still ought to feel that way. Primary to the scale being helpful is the willingness to let go of what we know, or are focused on specifically.

Youtube Channel  

20 minutes ago, Reena said:

The scale is not complete in my opinion.

It's better to appreciate it's simplicity.

It's complete enough to be utilized for the entire range of your emotions.

I'd see what happens if you take it on face value, meaning that if it's not on the scale, it's not an emotion. There is no other emotions than the ones on the scale. Use it like a road map for your emotions. Surrender to it.

Deprivation is not an emotion, it's a concept. By appreciating and utilizing the simplicity of the scale, you'll notice that you can pinpoint the emotion that the thoughts about deprivation feel like. That's why the scale can be so useful. It brings honesty and simplicity to what you're experiencing.

It's good that it is simple. It's good that it's limited. That's the point. It's meant to bring clarity to your emotions.

There must be an effortless way.

There’s a tricky aspect of habit or patterns of thought at play too. When it come to recognizing a concept from an emotion, any distraction will do as far as resuming the habit or pattern. Not to imply one is focusing as a doing or effort, but focus and keeping it simple is key. Sometimes the distraction is a habit or pattern, and an emotion is felt in that case as well. In any case, depriving oneself of the guidance of oneself is suffering. 

Meditation.