Rape dreams(trigger warning)

Reena

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Mandy 2) raped in a dream=raped  for real . There is no difference whatsoever between dreams and so called consensus reality. 

Cope

With this logic I can tell my friends I have actually flown in the sky and met alien people. 👽 

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Mandy )1what exactly are you asking is it part of Indian culture? 

Reena was saying that in her culture and family if you are a woman and you have sex out of wedlock, if you get pregnant and the consequences will be extremely bad, you'll be considered a source of shame to the family, be told to commit suicide, lose the ability to raise your child as your family will send it away, no one will want to marry you in the future, etc. 

Youtube Channel  

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Reena was saying that in her culture and family if you are a woman and you have sex out of wedlock, if you get pregnant and the consequences will be extremely bad, You're be considered a source of shame to the family, be told to commit suicide, lose the ability to raise your child as your family will send it away, no one will want to marry you in the future, etc. 

Yes she will get slut-shamed. Real talk no joking around.  But nobody will ask her to commit suicide or to never marry a guy again. She is exaggerating a bit .

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Isn't it obvious that dreams are indistinguishable from "reality "? If that wasn't the case why are you unable to know You're inside of a dream when you are inside of a dream? 

Okay so if a girl had a dream that you raped her then by that logic we can call the cops and put you behind bars. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/rape

Dreaming of being raped by someone you know in real life can indicate that they or yourself are feeling out of control. Being raped by an unknown person in a dream can suggest that there is an aspect in life that is out of control. Being raped by a past partner can indicate sexually suppressed feelings or a lack of control in one's love life.

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

1 minute ago, Reena said:

Dreaming of being raped by someone you know in real life can indicate that they or yourself are feeling out of control. Being raped by an unknown person in a dream can suggest that there is an aspect in life that is out of control. Being raped by a past partner can indicate sexually suppressed feelings or a lack of control in one's love life.

I think Mandy is spot on in her observation that you have heavy preoccupations with being victimized and fantasy romances.  Seems the perfect recipe for this type of dream. 

I think in one of my most recent experiences, I took a nap after thinking about the subject of rape. And I woke up. And in the dream I was still expecting the rapist to be nice to me. In the sense, he wasn't abandoning me. So I had conjured up an image where the rapist is doing bad stuff to me yet he still cares about me. He wanted to protect me. So one aspect was clear. That even in these circumstances I was expecting security. So was the rape a collateral for this security?

When I woke up I thought about it and realized that I was looking for some sort of security. In terms of survival. Like core survival. 

This could be a part of this dynamic where I allowed myself to suffer in order to survive. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I think Mandy is spot on in her observation that you have heavy preoccupations with being victimized and fantasy romances.  Seems the perfect recipe for this type of dream. 

Umm. I don't think.. 

One prominent aspect that came up far too often during my personal analyses of these dreams and their interpretation was Stockholm Syndrome. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@Phil and you have acted all surprised that leo gura banned you from his forum ?!

A thread was made comparing content, or messages if you will; ‘you avoid the truth’… and ‘there aren’t separate selves such as a you and a truth, only unconditional love, and discord & alignment are therein felt’.

Ignorance and behaviors & actions which follow ignorance aren’t very surprising. 

There was no banning. There was noticing the extent of mental & emotional manipulation transpiring, and no longer being involved in any way. 

This is exactly what he said is the reason "he lives in his spiritual bubble and doesn't meet people where they are and gives them woo woo absolute answers to relative questions ".

That anyone lives in a bubble and that there is a relative and absolute is ignorance.

Ignorance really isn’t per se surprising and often sounds like projection indicative of emotional suppression & denial, such as saying someone lives in a bubble or is sharing vapid neo-advaitin woo woo etc. 

The girl was FUCKING RAPED! And you are like "rape is a thought "... wtf dude?  😑 

Dispelling ignorance is in large part a matter of receiving rather than refuting the guidance, and inspecting direct experience rather than assuming & projecting. These methods, combined with meditation, slow thought activity down and one is therein less mentally & emotionally reactive, and therein less readily believing of judgmental thoughts. Simply put, these methods help one notice what one is actually even saying, and to notice the discord or alignment therein. One could say this is a way of maturity, honesty, all-inclusiveness, integrity, and receiving rather than manipulating, and the dis-ease and momentum which manifests therein.  

On 11/12/2023 at 5:50 PM, Reena said:

I haven't been a rape victim in real life. 

Arguably the real beauty of these methods is that they are free, and readily available to all as it were.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Do you feel like if you were forced into sex it would be a loophole somehow?  Because it wouldn't be your fault? 

Can you be a little clear about this with example? I'm not able to follow what you are saying. Fault afterwards?