The Tarot thread

WhiteOwl

On 11/11/2023 at 10:47 AM, WhiteOwl said:

So recently i've gotten very interested in Tarot. It has been very helpful so far with pointings where to look for imbalances when feeling uncertain.

I usually use certain peoples interpretations from the web, as i find some cards are difficult to interpret myself.

Has anyone gone through learning a lot about the cards? 

How does one interpret the court cards for example, and distinquish for example the 4 queens in meaning from each other? 

Also where do the "answers" come from? 

@Jonas Long@Loop@Mandy I think you all have experience with Tarot?

I had a tarot session nearly 2 years ago and the psychic warned me about a car accident coming and told me to be careful, I forgot about that and a year later my car was totaled. 

But she also told me great wealth is coming my way 😄.

♾️

57 minutes ago, Orb said:

I had a tarot session nearly 2 years ago and the psychic warned me about a car accident coming and told me to be careful, I forgot about that and a year later my car was totaled. 

But she also told me great wealth is coming my way 😄.

She didn't pointed out what kind of wealth is coming your way.Maybe it's spiritual wealth?

6 hours ago, Phil said:

I once walked into a tarot card reading / psychic place and asked the owner if we could switch roles. Assured her I’d pay just the same. She said that sounds fun, and I don’t know if I’ve ever witness someone ‘crying like a baby’ more. It was beautiful. 

Imo the ‘trick’ is there is no trick whatsoever, absolutely. No safety net. No planning or preparation. Just two cents. 

You sound like some superhero sometimes when you talk about your life. Sounds cool.

So you didn't know any card meanings but had a lot to say. I am interested, where did the intuition come from? 

I like the idea of no safety net, planning or preperation as that is what some people must have done obviously, but i feel doubt and uncertainty about meanings if i don't look up the answers. Maybe it would be a good idea to not allow myself to look.

4 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

I also don't like how the sword cards are all negative in rider Waite.  What's their beef with Air? 

Its not really about negative/positive is it? The "negative" is usually the most "positive" information to recieve. 

And swords are about thoughts and beliefs, so it makes sense they are not so "positive" maybe 😛 

Edited by WhiteOwl

9 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Its not really about negative/positive is it? The "negative" is usually the most "positive" information to recieve. 

And swords are about thoughts and beliefs, so it makes sense they are not so "positive" maybe 😛 

Each element has their "strengths" and "downfalls", so idk why they pick on air.  In the thoth deck they're more evenly represented in each suite.  

17 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

where did the intuition come from? 

It’s ‘there’ all along, just unfettered or unobscured. 

I like the idea of no safety net, planning or preperation as that is what some people must have done obviously,

Maybe it’s non-doing. 

but i feel doubt and uncertainty about meanings if i don't look up the answers. Maybe it would be a good idea to not allow myself to look.

When doing a reading, if doubt etc is felt without corresponding thought(s), it’s of the reading, on their behalf. So it’s critical to experience both to be able to tell the difference. In terms of unfettering, doubt might be felt, but there’s no one per se who feels it. 

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

It’s ‘there’ all along, just unfettered or unobscured. 

When you make a tomato soup, lets say for the first time, would you also be able to make it equally as tasty as a michelin chef who studied and tasted for years just with intuition of how much of everything to add to the dish? If not, why is that different from tarot?

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

When doing a reading, if doubt etc is felt without corresponding thought(s), it’s of the reading, on their behalf.

Would you feel more into the reading instead of thinking? My thoughts go to wanting to memorize.

How would you go about getting to know and understand the cards?

18 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

When you make a tomato soup, lets say for the first time, would you also be able to make it equally as tasty as a michelin chef who studied and tasted for years just with intuition of how much of everything to add to the dish? If not, why is that different from tarot?

Tarot & soup are the same in that there is only a thought story about doers in time. Just like with a movie, it might seem like there are people and time inside of the movie. That narrative is what awareness, which is appearing as the soup just the same as the body & narrative, is unfettered of. 

Would you feel more into the reading instead of thinking? My thoughts go to wanting to memorize.

It would be impossible for a separate self to feel more into anything, but it is entirely possible to unfetter awareness (feeling) of the self referential narrative. 

How would you go about getting to know and understand the cards?

That was the only time I’ve actually seen them. I’d just meditate every morning, express, inspect beliefs, and share whatever arises when looking at the cards, same as everything else. Knowing & understanding are also thought activity, and can be unfettered as well. Maybe it’s just clarity reading the cards.