The Tarot thread

WhiteOwl

So recently i've gotten very interested in Tarot. It has been very helpful so far with pointings where to look for imbalances when feeling uncertain.

I usually use certain peoples interpretations from the web, as i find some cards are difficult to interpret myself.

Has anyone gone through learning a lot about the cards? 

How does one interpret the court cards for example, and distinquish for example the 4 queens in meaning from each other? 

Also where do the "answers" come from? 

@Jonas Long@Loop@Mandy I think you all have experience with Tarot?

The deck I got is by Kim Krans, and the guidebook is excellent and goes through all of that and is quick to refer to when you pull a card. I refer to it when I want, I'm not an expert in the least. I would suggest just learning them as you go, enjoying them, and using the symbolism and your own interpretations. Some of the artwork on the cards turned out to be really synchronistic, in a way that wouldn't make any sense written in a guidebook. You'll come to know your own deck and your own relationship with them.  It's just a form of guidance or contemplation, be free and creative with it. When the cards are being blunt and giving you a zen slap, you'll know without needing to know all the nuances. 😂

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

How does one interpret the court cards for example, and distinquish for example the 4 queens in meaning from each other? 

Court cards are the most vague to interpret. Wands, pentacles, swords and cups all deal with different aspects of life.

Youtube Channel  

4 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

Studying the tree of life will help with the numerology.

Cool will look into it 🙂

4 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

Court cards corresponding to the 4 world's of Qabalah or the 4 levels on the tree of life.  Knights are the fire/ethereal world, spirit world, queens are the water/emotional level, page or princes are the air/ intellect level, and princesses are the earth/material realm. 

But this is stuff you would never think or know intuitively, you have to read and study. But i guess you can learn to use the cards equally effective without so much studying? There are so many sources saying opposite things so it can be confusing.

I guess the answers comes down to the person using the cards and how he interprets them. For example if i do a spread for someone, and the cards are also shown to another interpreter, his answer might not be what the cards were saying, since it was based on my ideas.

If that makes sense?

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

The deck I got is by Kim Krans, and the guidebook is excellent and goes through all of that and is quick to refer to when you pull a card.

Amazing. I found the PDF online, it looks nice i will surely look into that 🙂 

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

When the cards are being blunt and giving you a zen slap, you'll know without needing to know all the nuances. 😂

Yes certainly. It can be funny. I heard about someone using the cards to predict the outcome of football matches. I used to have a gamble addiction for many years, so when i heard it i got a little intrigued. I asked the cards politely if they could be used for that, and the answer was just completely ignoring the question but telling me to fuck off with my poverty mindset. 

You can always tell when the message is ignoring the question and putting your attention to something else.

34 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Cool will look into it 🙂

But this is stuff you would never think or know intuitively, you have to read and study. But i guess you can learn to use the cards equally effective without so much studying? There are so many sources saying opposite things so it can be confusing.

I guess the answers comes down to the person using the cards and how he interprets them. For example if i do a spread for someone, and the cards are also shown to another interpreter, his answer might not be what the cards were saying, since it was based on my ideas.

If that makes sense?

To my way of thinking, studying the deck is crucial.  I don't really believe in purely free associating with it, it's part of it, but the more familiar you become with them the better. 

The rider waite deck was developed by members of the Golden dawn, which aleister crowley was part of.  Much later he developed the thoth deck with Lady freida Harris, its much more "complete" imo.  I've never been a fan of rider Waite personally.  The artist was never happy with the illustrations they went with in the final version.  

Edited by Jonas Long

I once walked into a tarot card reading / psychic place and asked the owner if we could switch roles. Assured her I’d pay just the same. She said that sounds fun, and I don’t know if I’ve ever witness someone ‘crying like a baby’ more. It was beautiful. 

Imo the ‘trick’ is there is no trick whatsoever, absolutely. No safety net. No planning or preparation. Just two cents. 

I was just chatting with GPT and asked, what’s with the seeming incapability to remember a user from previous discussion / OpenAI threads, just to see what it’d say. I was right in having had no idea what it’d say.