Is attachment the root cause of suffering?

Someone here

2 minutes ago, Alexander said:

What spiritual path is for?

Realizing you are Infinity?Done that with actual experience.

you control your mind.Can't do it.Just sit in meditation and you will clearly see thoughts pop up on their own.

Do you love it? Do love to breathe?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

20 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I don't know man it sounds very girly.

😂😂😂😂

Love is presence. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

45 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I think everything is meditation,whatever you do daily if you do it mindfully can become form of meditation.I don't need meditation to realise everlasting here & now.

27 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I don't know man it sounds very girly.I use time to learn new skills ,since I am unemployed I have time .Also struggling with schizoaffective disorder.

Are these thoughts about a nonexistent finite self, or is it true? 

🤍

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

🤍

When I experinced myself as Infinity I felt Authentic,the most authentic in my life.These thought are about separate self but my medical condition is also part of me.I can experience mania or psychosys once even had suicidal thoughts that lasted for full 2 days.

39 minutes ago, Alexander said:

When I experinced myself as Infinity I felt Authentic,the most authentic in my life.These thought are about separate self but my medical condition is also part of me.I can experience mania or psychosys once even had suicidal thoughts that lasted for full 2 days.

49 minutes ago, Phil said:

🤍

If it’s helpful, there’s a rumor going around apparently, that there is “relative truth” and “absolute truth”. 

As one see’s one is not the knower, one see’s neither is the other as well.

But I was… but for me… but I am… but I’m more… but you… but your… but you’re a…

Every finite self had / has it the worst, in overlooking the in-actuality of the comparison.

The finite self loves relative truth. What would it be without it?

All is felt, and there is perfect guidance. 

Self-survival is the cause of suffering.

We should acknowledge the fact that we actually want to suffer, and most importantly, that suffering is being done by you. We think it is needed as it serves a function.

So there's no reason to not enjoy it. Of course, this shift would alter your relationship to suffering to the point where it might become a completely different experience. After all, suffering is considered to be putting up with an unwanted experience.

If you didn't mind experiencing anything and everything suffering could not occur. This is what I suspect happened with individuals such as Gautama Buddha and Ramana Maharshi. They were free from self, life and death and therefore from the suffering inherent in them.

Edited by MetaSage