@Devin Good question, This was sent nearly an hour ago:

53 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Devin If you want the simplest most straightforward pointer to whats being shared in this thread, without trying to be right or having to put down objections rooted in aversion, set your timer to 20-60 minutes, sit down and focus on breathing and/or sensation in the body. 

Meditation most simply is putting attention back on sensation/being and thoughts naturally aren't clung to. 

Honestly it would be fucking awesome if we could put this on the forum in giant letters because that's the whole "teaching" really. 

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

5 minutes ago, Alexander said:

@Orb In meditation we can understand we are Awareness but other people have separate awareness.So others is appropriate term.

There is only awareness. Not separate awarenesses. The term "others" is used for ease of communication with people. 

The whole self and other confusion clears up with daily meditation. It can be a seemingly contradictory issue which is why there's the common objection like "Well if there's no separate selves how come you are talking to me!?" 

Meditation is all that's needed, just Being.

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

9 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Devin Good question, This was sent nearly an hour ago:

Meditation most simply is putting attention back on sensation/being and thoughts naturally aren't clung to. 

Honestly it would be fucking awesome if we could put this on the forum in giant letters because that's the whole "teaching" really. 

And when 'you' meditate Orb, is there a Devin that needs to meditate too? Is there a Devin that needs 'pointed' to meditation? Is that what comes up in meditation, "Devin needs to meditate, point him Orb, POINT HIM!!!!"

Edited by Devin

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

And when 'you' meditate Orb, is there a Devin that needs to meditate too? Is there a Devin that needs 'pointed' to meditation?

You still for the 4th or 5th time have not answered the question. 

Which is: do you meditate daily? Like a daily meditation practice? 

It's a simple straightforward question.

It's yes or no. 

Edited by Orb

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

"Devin needs to meditate, point him Orb, POINT HIM!!!!"

😄

Just now, Devin said:

Orb, you can't not meditate.

Since the question has been avoided so much, when a simple yes or no would've sufficed, I'll take that as a No. 

4 minutes ago, Orb said:

There is only awareness. Not separate awarenesses. The term "others" is used for ease of communication with people. 

The whole self and other confusion clears up with daily meditation. It can be a seemingly contradictory issue which is why there's the common objection like "Well if there's no separate selves how come you are talking to me!?" 

Meditation is all that's needed, just Being.

You do realize that we all perceive world differently we all have different thoughts sensations emotions sensory input.Blind man can't see thus he can't have same Awareness as me.He has his I have my own.Awareness is not shared.

1 minute ago, Devin said:

Orb, you can't not meditate.

remember the post sent earlier that was ignored again? the one detailing the practice, sitting down for 20-60 minutes with attention on sensation? 

The question was if this is being done on a daily basis. 

1 minute ago, Alexander said:

You do realize that we all perceive world differently we all have different thoughts sensations emotions sensory input.Blind man can't see thus he can't have same Awareness as me.He has his I have my own.Awareness is not shared.

Awareness is the same as Being, it is fundamentally the same. 

What youre referring to would be the content awareness is appearing as. Yes it appears differently, but fundamentally Being is...Being. 

Edited by Orb

3 minutes ago, Orb said:

Since the question has been avoided so much, when a simple yes or no would've sufficed, I'll take that as a No. 

Orb, what's the difference between what you're aware of now and meditation?

It's only thoughts and beliefs and concepts that are telling you there's a difference, it's all just sensations, meditation, now, later, biking, hiking, eating, meditating,....

Edited by Devin

Just now, Devin said:

It's only thoughts and beliefs and concepts that are telling you there's a difference, it's all just sensations.

Still avoiding the question. 

1 minute ago, Orb said:

Still avoiding the question. 

I don't sit and close my eyes for an hour focusing on my breath. That'd be aversion, the OPPOSITE, of accepting what is.

See you want me to change, which is aversion on your part. See it!

Edited by Devin

It's only thoughts and beliefs and concepts that are telling you there's a difference, it's all just sensations.

Mind "you", this is Spiritual Ego. 

There's a conceptual understanding that meditation is always the case but not an actual direct experience of letting thoughts go and putting attention on sensation for 20-60 minutes. 

So avoiding the actual practice of meditation and then using this concept to make it seem like "nah I dont need it, this is always meditation".

I don't sit and close my eyes for an hour focusing on my breath. That'd be aversion, the OPPOSITE, of accepting what is.

See you want me to change, which is aversion on your part. See it!

There's no desire for you to change, just to answer the question lol. 

Just now, Orb said:

Mind "you", this is Spiritual Ego. 

There's a conceptual understanding that meditation is always the case but not an actual direct experience of letting thoughts go and putting attention on sensation for 20-60 minutes. 

So avoiding the actual practice of meditation and then using this concept to make it seem like "nah I dont need it, this is always meditation".

Orb, what is a thought? You can't let thoughts go Orb, they don't exist, it's all just sensations, you just happen to have an aversion to the combination of sensations you call thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

Awareness is the same as Being, it is fundamentally the same. 

What youre referring to would be the content awareness is appearing as. 

Right now we talk over the internet .You are now in your own being and I am in my own.That makes it 2 nothing is shared between us not even Awareness.So you are other for me even if we take that we are Awareness.

Just now, Alexander said:

Right now we talk over the internet .You are now in your own being and I am in my own.That makes it 2 nothing is shared between us not even Awareness.So you are other for me even if we take that we are Awareness.

The greatest "answer" to this situation is to just keep meditating and letting go of thoughts. There's not much else to be said about this. 

Part of this path is questioning/inspecting everything that is taken for granted, which is admittedly rare but possible for anyone! 

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

Orb, what is a thought? You can't let thoughts go Orb, they don't exist, it's all just sensations, you just happen to have an aversion to the combination of sensations you call thoughts.

A thought isn't actually a "thing" that has any properties but its specialty is making it appear like that is indeed the case. Letting go of thoughts means non-reactivity and attention focused on sensation.