Generally, I don't like the idea of obligation. But for me time-management is fun, as I like organization.

So currently, my process is like the following

• using Pareto principle coupled with Parkinsons law (got it from "The Four Hour Work Week")
    • Pareto is the typical 80/20 rule e.g., but could also be like 95/5 etc.
    • Parkinsons law states that you take as long for a task as you believe it would take
      • e.g. if someone put a gun onto your head, you would completed the task much faster
        • so imagine someone puts a gun on your head, everytime you want to complete a task in high speed : D
        • sounds more like obligation xD However, I think it is more about "positive stress", which is basically focus without distraction, combined with a strong desire to achieve a task - which could be counterproductive.
          • So my personal conclusion is to take the focus, without distraction and combine it with inspiration and enthusiasm.
    • The order is as follows
      1. Pareto Principle - for task selection
      2. Parkinsons Law - for task execution
    • note on my side: the Pareto principle is basically other than most often stated. Many people - like Tim Ferriss - did not understand it correctly or communicated it other than it actually is - for whatever reason. However, I still writing about the "traditional" Pareto principle
  • bullet journal

What methods do you like to use and/or do you have something to add?

Edited by BlendingInfinite

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

If I'm feeling particularly unfocused I sometimes use something similar to the Pomodoro technique. 15 Minutes focused on the task, 5 minutes break, repeat as desired. I find using the dreamboard and making lists works best and serves to respect the general flow/spontaneity of the whole of life. 

Youtube Channel  

On 4/5/2022 at 4:04 PM, Mandy said:

If I'm feeling particularly unfocused I sometimes use something similar to the Pomodoro technique. 15 Minutes focused on the task, 5 minutes break, repeat as desired. I find using the dreamboard and making lists works best and serves to respect the general flow/spontaneity of the whole of life. 

I use pomodoro as well. However, I go by feeling.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

I go by feeling too.  I have my own accountability system.  I can't be structured like that.  I just keep a to do list and I have a checklist of daily things that I try to do.  I'll show you my entire method below.  The task list gets revised every week and started over.  Ditto for the weekly accountability log.  You don't have to keep any records either.  Every week just revise the accountability log and task list.  I keep a page that I revise every week and then update the template if I do things or not.  Sometimes I don't do things and I'm ok with that too.  Of course, I make sure I do my job for money very well because that's what I do for money and want to provide excellent service.   In the legal profession I have to keep my time in 6 minute increments so when I'm working on a legal task I do have a very structured mentality regarding timekeeping.  I try to let stuff shift around though and not cling too much to a rigid schedule because my personality will buck that off.  I need variety and a bit of chaos to keep things interesting for me.  I know people that have a different personality than me that do prefer a very structured, unchanging schedule and they do that very well.

JM DAILY ACTION ACCOUNTABILITY CHECKLIST
1. Course of study
2. Prep for JM, Dev Work, Int Mastery Video
3. Prep for APC Video
4. Work for financial responsibility (paralegal)
5. Errands/chores/non-work tasks

6. Practice/play trumpet

7. Exercise

8. Strict diet

9. Addiction management/social media addiction

10. Spend time outside/in public/hike around in nature

JM Weekly Accountability Log -- Note checklist items completed
Mon
Tue

Wed
Thu 4/7/22 -- No record

Fri 4/8/22 -- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 

Sat 4/9/22 -- 

Sun 4/10/22 --

JM Weekly Task List (add completion date) -- tasks identified by numbers only for privacy

1. 4/6/22

8. 4/8/22

9. 4/6/22

10. 4/8/22

11. 4/8/22

One of the things I realized and I'm not taking anything away from structuring or that kind of self-help is that we're not computers.  You hear people use this word programming and that kind of stuff.  That's all based on an analogy that we either are computers or like computers.  That said, I still study that kind of self-help too because it's influential energetically on me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor