How to make a lot of money?

I'd like to make, or have, a lot of money. Something like at least a few million sounds nice. The more the better.

I'd like to own a good car, a beautiful house, a big cabin in woods, maybe even some villa in southern europe or something like that. And a lot of free time, a relaxed carreer I love to do etc.

As of right now I'm on the road to become a massage therapist, and maybe to start my own little company at some point. Maybe massage, Reiki, stuff like that. But this isn't really a million dollar business plan. From what I know, a small massage + Reiki place would be more like a "make ends meet and maybe a bit more" kinda thing.

So how do I make a lot of money?

There must be an effortless way.

One way could perhaps be to aim bigger with the massage, reiki thing. Like a bigger company with employees etc. With more than just one place, in multiple cities. Not sure at all though, if that's a lucrative business.

Not sure if I'm a boss-type either. Feels kinda awkward to make money off of employees.

From recent personal experience you can't make it about the "how" you're gonna get the money, it's all about the actual joy, inspiration and freedom, not ideas of what those are for you. Even more fun, the key to "how" is probably buried under something you've dismissed as not as good as you are or not as good as what you already know. 🤷‍♂️

Youtube Channel  

You can do whatever you dream up, align with and pour yourself into. I think Reiki does have some unique business challenges though. A very small percentage are interested and the ideal clientele is non-repeat. Massage is low-repeat but still a somewhat small percentage of the population. To make millions I’d think about massage and reiki as additions to repeat business like nails & hair. A large location such as in a large mall can easily make millions. Starting out, massage and reiki can be done working somewhere and building a clientele and then renting a single space, leasing a bigger place or buying a building. Sometime multiple people do the same and start a place together. Sometimes as partners, but not everybody want to be an owner. Believe it or not may people think the opposite, that they’re making money of you, happy with the arrangement. Everybody starts somewhere and isn’t necessarily ready or wanting to manage. As far as ‘boss type’ you’ve got to introspect and see, but there’s much to be said for bosses that are not boss types. 

9 hours ago, Mandy said:

From recent personal experience you can't make it about the "how" you're gonna get the money, it's all about the actual joy, inspiration and freedom, not ideas of what those are for you.

Yeah... Though lately I've felt like actually checking pragmatically, hands-on-physically where I'm at and how to go about it. Been experiencing a lot of despair, powerlessness, fear, but then acknowledged jealousy and now I'm a bit more willing to actually see if I could take physical steps so to speak. 🤔

@Blessed2 👍Yeah, how can be great as long as it's how-possibilities, (feels great) rather than how-limitation on all other hows, (feels bad). Aligned action is the best.

I had the same thing with jealousy, what surprised me was that I was jealous of people I didn't think I was jealous of, or rather, the jealousy was hidden underneath other judgements, "I'm better than them, more talented, more moral, more authentic, they don't deserve it, etc. " Turns out there's no better, no such thing as talent, no such thing as morality, authenticity or deserving. 🤷‍♂️

Youtube Channel  

22 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I had the same thing with jealousy, what surprised me was that I was jealous of people I didn't think I was jealous of, or rather, the jealousy was hidden underneath other judgements, "I'm better than them, more talented, more moral, more authentic, they don't deserve it, etc. " Turns out there's no better, no such thing as talent, no such thing as morality, authenticity or deserving. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah me too. 🤔

I experience jealousy about the super rich folk. I mean "filthy rich" how it's sometimes judged. People who have so much money they can lobby and corrupt power for personal gain. It's easy for them, to just pay politicians and make things happen. Things I probably have trouble even dreaming of. They probably don't give a crap about what people think and what's moral. Then they just chill out on their yachts and mansions.

Haven't been as judgemental about capitalism after acknowledging this.

It was actually quite funny how the acknowledgement of jealousy came about. I was scrolling through instagram and stumbled upon a video from Bernie Sanders in which he basically talked about how the ultra wealthy is lobbying, evading taxes, how unfair it is. But then I imagined how it might be to be rich and powerful like that. And noticed I experience jealousy. And then I wrote what I want on the dreamboard. Probably not quite what Bernie intended. 😂 Or maybe it was!

I could also start an online shop for health stuff. No-one is selling Garden of Life products in Finland. 🤷 And there is no similar products like the loophole. That would also solve my problem (it's a hassle to order a couple of buckets of the loophole stuff from the US every month). Then I could order a shitload of it and buy it from my own store. 😂

But there's a lot of competition on this business. Some larger company would just start selling it if it became any popular.

Edited by Blessed2

@Blessed2 It's less about competition and more about awareness (how fitting.) That's what I mean by thinking about how, the "BUT" factor.  Social media is such a boon right now. Just making reels at the moment will give you far more views than anyone uploading just photos. If you create a culture or a brand, or a positive perception of a store, and do something new, or introduce people to something new and share that well via social media you can do whatever you like. 

Youtube Channel  

How about a retreat & meditation center / hotel / kind of a modern monastery thing?

This idea I've had for some time actually. Think of like a meditation / retreat center in the middle of nature that's also a hotel / inn where you can book  a room and spend like a week or a damn month if you feel like it. There would be meditation / yoga classes, all sort of mindfulness & wellbeing stuff. Maybe even a bookshop / library full of awesome books. And it could also work as a place for public speakers & spiritual teachers.

Finland doesn't got much tourism going on but we sure got nature. I mean maybe with good branding you could get to people who are interested in well-being tourism etc. You could try to make it into sort of a spiritual Mecca kinda thing.

It could be close to hiking and biking routes and some water. Like a lake or something. And since it's Finland, add a sauna for the exotic effect. 😂

I would also like it to be bit of a modern monastery thing. Like if you're a seeker or writing a book or something, you could spend a longer time there. Like an ashram for everyone for their own path, not for a guru or a specific deity worship ya know.

31 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

How about a retreat & meditation center / hotel / kind of a modern monastery thing?

This idea I've had for some time actually. Think of like a meditation / retreat center in the middle of nature that's also a hotel / inn where you can book  a room and spend like a week or a damn month if you feel like it. There would be meditation / yoga classes, all sort of mindfulness & wellbeing stuff. Maybe even a bookshop / library full of awesome books. And it could also work as a place for public speakers & spiritual teachers.

Finland doesn't got much tourism going on but we sure got nature. I mean maybe with good branding you could get to people who are interested in well-being tourism etc. You could try to make it into sort of a spiritual Mecca kinda thing.

It could be close to hiking and biking routes and some water. Like a lake or something. And since it's Finland, add a sauna for the exotic effect. 😂

I would also like it to be bit of a modern monastery thing. Like if you're a seeker or writing a book or something, you could spend a longer time there. Like an ashram for everyone for their own path, not for a guru or a specific deity worship ya know.

I'd like it to be simpler though. Running a business like this would be pretty hard and complex.

Something like writing books would be more simple.

20 hours ago, Phil said:

To make millions I’d think about massage and reiki as additions to repeat business like nails & hair.

Let's leave the millions aside now and just focus on general decent profit.

I find a problem with massage is that you gotta be physically present to do it. I couldn't for example, spend an entire summer somewhere else like in a log cabin etc. Or in a van abroad.

Reiki can be done via internet basically, but like you said it seems to have some challenges.

So... It would be cool to have a profitable "main thing" that can be done / sold online, preferably so that there is also a lot of free time. Maybe not free time just for the sake of free time itself, but more for the natural joyful creativity of having free time. I know I'm creative. I do enjoy just letting creativity happen. I do enjoy when inspiration hits.

One thing that comes to mind, is some sort of life coaching course(s). Life coaching / guidance via Zoom etc also kinda sounds nice, but honestly not sure if I have much to offer in this regard. 😂 And I don't want a blind-leading-the-blind kind of a thing. Also not sure if that's really profitable.

Anyone got any ideas that might be a good fit?

@Blessed2 Searching for how assumes you don't know now. Trying to figure it out, assuming there's a right or wrong path can block you from realizing or receiving the inspiration, the true how. For mind searching for "how" the inspiration gets overlooked. 

Money is almost always already a thought about how, the goal of having money is almost never about how money feels, it's not the focus on the freedom of time, the creative freedom, the luxury, the essence of which is feeling good, uninhibited imagination. You already have that. Stay there. The path to wealth, the how, is making something that others truly desire as well, the desire for money, or the essence of how it makes us feel and the desire for the product, service, etc, are the same. So if you can go there, you're already there. Shared desire is the law of the universe if you will, which is exactly why personal desires manifest in such incredibly unique ways. 

Youtube Channel  

50 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Searching for how assumes you don't know now. Trying to figure it out, assuming there's a right or wrong path can block you from realizing or receiving the inspiration, the true how. For mind searching for "how" the inspiration gets overlooked. 

Money is almost always already a thought about how, the goal of having money is almost never about how money feels, it's not the focus on the freedom of time, the creative freedom, the luxury, the essence of which is feeling good, uninhibited imagination. You already have that. Stay there. The path to wealth, the how, is making something that others truly desire as well, the desire for money, or the essence of how it makes us feel and the desire for the product, service, etc, are the same. So if you can go there, you're already there. Shared desire is the law of the universe if you will, which is exactly why personal desires manifest in such incredibly unique ways. 

Hmm 🤔

Yeah. Maybe the money and wealth is more like something that follows, like a side salad. The real meal is something else.

I'm visualizing having the amount of money that feels nice and checking how it feels, how it would really feel. Acknowledging it. Trying to not shy away even though doubt etc. could be painful.

What's the next step? 🤔