Why Stillness feels so good?

What's the 'science' behind it?

I love how Stillness feeling its a feeling beyond emotions, thoughts...etc.

It's a satisfaction beyond anything...🙏

Yesterday I was talking to a friend and he was saying that if you would feel all the time good/pleauserable you would get bored. And I was telling him you don't know what you are talking about... You say that because you are thinking of psychological satisfaction or psychological happiness... you haven't touched the core of Stillness, if not you would not say that ...🎯🙏

3 hours ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

What is good feeling, really? What is it in actuality? 🤔

3 hours ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Yesterday I was talking to a friend and he was saying that if you would feel all the time good/pleauserable you would get bored. And I was telling him you don't know what you are talking about... You say that because you are thinking of psychological satisfaction or psychological happiness... you haven't touched the core of Stillness, if not you would not say that ...🎯🙏

Yeah... The ego is that which thinks truth, is too good, to be true. Can't accept wholly Good News.

"Perfect happiness would just be boring" 😂😂😂 Oh, one tricky bastard

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

What is good feeling, really? What is it in actuality? 🤔

Yeah... The ego is that which thinks truth, is too good, to be true. Can't accept wholly Good News.

"Perfect happiness would just be boring" 😂😂😂 Oh, one tricky bastard

Yeap, really got into my nerves this guy yesterday, I´ve seen it before: Ego just not being able to accept total Lightness you could say. 

Like sadhguru says: "Been trying for 40 years to make the whole world blissful: It got a long time to me to realize people are too invested in their misery "

Edited by ConsciousDreamer666

On 6/6/2023 at 5:14 AM, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

The more activity of thought, the more it seems is going on. The less activity of thought, the clearer nothing is. 

On 6/6/2023 at 5:14 AM, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Yesterday I was talking to a friend and he was saying that if you would feel all the time good/pleauserable you would get bored.

Textbook pessimism. 🙂 Seems to be a pessimism-resistance-to-boredom era epidemic happening. 

On 6/6/2023 at 10:38 AM, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

"Been trying for 40 years to make the whole world blissful: It got a long time to me to realize people are too invested in their misery "

Amen. 😅 Suffering’s always a ‘table for one’.

I suspect a lot if not all of this aspect is the difference between ‘being into spirituality’ and actually adopting practice(s), ‘doing the work’. Once someone asked what no mind is like and I said thought activity slows and eventually just stops happening and everything else stays the same and it’s blissful. He said I was demonizing thought and he wasn’t about to start meditating daily and end up a mindless zombie. 🤷 

10 hours ago, Phil said:

The more activity of thought, the more it seems is going on. The less activity of thought, the clearer nothing is. 

Right, makes sense. 

He said I was demonizing thought and he wasn’t about to start meditating daily and end like a mindless zombie. 🤷 

Wow 😵‍💫The defensors of 'thought'

9 hours ago, Mandy said:

I first read the thread title as Silliness. Funny how they are the same thing, not taking things or yourself too seriously is a joy. 

👌😄

Why stillness feels so good?  I'm kinda done arguing with people.  It's a major shift in my stance on things that I've kinda began about 6 months ago.  It just happened to me.  I realized, to argue with someone is to take on a responsibility that is discretionary and may not even be helpful to that person either let alone yourself.   Let people figure things out, you don't need to try to save people.  This is something that I think a lot of people haven't had a realization of because it was a shift for me, new for me.  I still feel a desire to share and I do, but that has to come from a good place ideally too.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

Going a little prior so to speak, it can be noticed there is an experience of thoughts about people thinking, yet there is no experience of people thinking. ‘Thinker’ is essentially a presumptive interpretation which acts as rose colored glasses. Noticing this direct experience wise sheds light on just how it is that people do not become enlightened and there are no levels of consciousness, awareness, light or enlightenment.