I know everything about depression

Depression is a footprint in soft sand. A dression is a wrinkle in a fresh made bed after somone sat on it.  Em otional depression is wishing life were more than all it does being alive now evolving here equally with all living things mutually timed apart now.

Manic or frantic behavior is thinking there is more to life than adapting to the moment and one can become more than anyone else by getting everyone to believe life doesn't just cycle being genetically eternally separated now.

now this creates 7 sins and 7 virtues to 6 degrees of pretending now isn't eternity and getting everyone to pay along the way believing life is only a two polarity situation in a time of alternate realities and parllel universes.

7 vitrues: protecting the faith means, motives, methods, opportunities, power, wealth, fame build better tomorrows.

7 sins: understanding how, why, what, where, when, which, person, place, thing evolved into total sum remaining universally here in plain sight.

Actual time evolving vs relative time pretending now isn't eternity.

2 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

Jim Carrey did not come up with this lol 

If that is true, then the OP didn’t either, which proves my point. People are just parroting ideas they heard from others. Don’t confuse this with knowledge. You don’t know what depression is until you’ve experienced it and come out on the other side. The OP is fooling themselves.

Edited by Solipsistic Consciousness

48 minutes ago, Mandy said:

The etymology of depression is my favorite ever. 

depression (n.)

c. 1400 as a term in astronomy, "angular distance of a star below the horizon,"  https://www.etymonline.com/word/depression

@Mandy

Hmm I don't really quite understand it. What does (n.) mean? 

Also c.?  I cannot quite figure the quote out also. 

I find a lot of these words hard to comprehend as I have never really heard of them before. 

10 minutes ago, Solipsistic Consciousness said:

If that is true, then the OP didn’t either, which proves my point. People are just parroting ideas they heard from others. Don’t confuse this with knowledge. You don’t know what depression is until you’ve experienced it and come out on the other side. The OP is fooling themselves.

Well, if you're a solipsist, then it doesn't matter, because you came up with everything anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Eternal said:

@Mandy

Hmm I don't really quite understand it. What does (n.) mean? 

Also c.?  I cannot quite figure the quote out also. 

I find a lot of these words hard to comprehend as I have never really heard of them before. 

n is for noun and c is for circa, so 600 years ago the word depression was used as a term is astronomy. Meaning the angle that the star is below the horizon, the star is known to exist but cannot be seen from that perspective. 

Youtube Channel  

30 minutes ago, Mandy said:

n is for noun and c is for circa, so 600 years ago the word depression was used as a term is astronomy. Meaning the angle that the star is below the horizon, the star is known to exist but cannot be seen from that perspective. 

@Mandy

Thanks for that. Still finding it somewhat confusing though. Exist, where? and from what perspective? How does this relate to depression? 

I don't understand what you mean when you say the star is known to exist but cannot be seen from that perspective.

The Horizon is the line where the sky meets space, right? 

1 hour ago, Devin said:

I have never understood the way the term depression is used, long period of sadness or melancholy or lack of interest right? How do you describe it? Even though most people would have called me depressed, the term makes no sense to me, and it seems harmful actually.

@Devin

Well for me, it was thought loops continually appearing but going unnoticed. What changed things is when I started doing self-esteem stems and gratitude journaling. And of course moving out into my own place. 

1 hour ago, Eternal said:

@Mandy

Thanks for that. Still finding it somewhat confusing though. Exist, where? and from what perspective? How does this relate to depression? 

I don't understand what you mean when you say the star is known to exist but cannot be seen from that perspective.

The Horizon is the line where the sky meets space, right? 

The horizon is where earth meets sky, so the measurement would be for stars that cannot be seen because they are underneath the horizon, so the earth is blocking the view of the sky. It's the same idea as why you see completely different constellations in the southern hemisphere than in the northern one. 

I relates to depression because it so clearly and beautifully illustrates that it's a perspective, that the light is being blocked by the angle (discordant view) with which we're seeing things. 

Youtube Channel  

15 hours ago, Solipsistic Consciousness said:

People are just parroting ideas they heard from others. Don’t confuse this with knowledge. You don’t know what depression is until you’ve experienced it and come out on the other side. The OP is fooling themselves.

Um okay Solipsistic Consciousness

There must be an effortless way.

On 4/1/2023 at 5:33 PM, Eternal said:

Depression basically means you are in  "Deep rest", where as having enough of the character that is being played.

It's a sign from the universe that the character that is being played, is not who you are. 

Depression is the universe itself.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."