Small red flag to watch out for

I noticed one red flag that is good to pay attention to in potential dates, it’s when people ignore when you express what you’re looking for 

For example, on dating apps, when you state that you’re looking for a “long term relationship”, but guys looking for “something casual” swipe right on you. Or when you say on your profile “want children”, and guys who say “don’t want children” swipe right on you. 

I’ve also had it happen to me in real life, when I expressed a certain qualification I look for in a potential partner, and some of the guys would keep hitting on me ignoring the fact that they don’t have it.

This small thing is actually really disrespectful I find.

Dating apps have become a numbers game for many men. They tend to swipe right on profiles of women they find physically attractive without reading their profiles thoroughly. Even if they sense incompatibility, they may still try their luck with the hope that something might work out.

Unfortunately, men imposing their perspectives and needs on women is all too common in patriarchal societies. It's a frustrating reality that women have to deal with. However, it's important to find a partner who appreciates your full, authentic self, rather than someone who expects you to conform to their ideal version of you. Many women feel pressure to compromise their authenticity, but it's a burden that can be difficult to shake off once you're in a relationship.

So, it's crucial to choose a partner who respects and cherishes your true identity. Don't settle for someone who wants you to be their "perfect" partner, as this is not a recipe for a happy, healthy relationship.

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

When it comes to finding a partner, perhaps the most important quality to look for in a man is his capacity to love himself. This doesn't mean he should be a raging narcissist, because conditional love only leads to disappointment and dissatisfaction. Rather, you should seek a man who operates from a place of unconditional self-love.

Why is this so crucial? Simply put, people tend to love others the way they love themselves. If a man has a foundation of unconditional love for himself, he will be better equipped to offer love and support to his partner. This, in turn, can lead to greater happiness and success in life.

Furthermore, a man who is connected with his true nature is more likely to embody what is known as divine masculinity. This is a state of being that is characterized by strength, confidence, and a deep sense of purpose. By finding a partner who embodies these qualities, you can set yourself up for a fulfilling and rewarding relationship.

So, as you navigate the world of dating, remember to prioritize self-love when searching for a potential partner. This may just be the key to unlocking a truly happy and healthy relationship.

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

On 2/24/2023 at 7:49 PM, Serenity said:

is his capacity to love himself

What would be some ways to “test” that? Whether his self-love is “pure”?

I feel that people who have that excel in every aspect of life - very well balanced. But also have lots of depth and pleasant to be around. You don’t feel like you’re around a robot. I don’t know why I feel this way though.

I wouldn't try to find a serious partner on a dating app, imo.. "People" "operating from self-love" are not on dating apps. My experience is that most is coming from a place of low self-esteem etc, as most people who have tried it comes to the conclusion that it doesn't make you feel very good, that way of trying to find a partner. Its very artificial and not really about attraction. Everything can happen though, but generally. Usually when hen i was using tinder, it was when i was not feeling very good and wanting sex.

Instead of focusing on your partner, i would focus on yourself. Are you feeling great, full of self-love etc? 

@Rose No i havent, also not really planning to. Like i said it was mostly to try to find a hookup, which im not that interested in anymore. Im sure you are right about the quality though, but personally still wouldnt go for dating sites if you want to attract an amazing relationship. 
Personally i would find a bit off-turning if my date started to talk about children or that they want a long-term relationship right from the beginning, or if they have it it their bio. 
If you find someone and like each other back it will all Fall into place. Seems a bit desperate and needy otherwise, in my opinion. 

Edit: Of course finding out if the person even wants children is a good thing before half a year, but maybe you get my point 🙂 

Edited by WhiteOwl

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

Of course finding out if the person even wants children is a good thing before half a year, but maybe you get my point

So you would waste a whole half a year before you know whether you’re on the same page with a person?

These are key things and you should find them out within first 1-2 dates, if anything it speaks you’re secure enough to know what you want and go for it. That’s why those prompts are there on the app to begin with.

Of course, if you’re a teenager, or in your early 20s, or looking for something casual, it’s a different story.

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

Personally i would find a bit off-turning if my date started to talk about children or that they want a long-term relationship right from the beginning, or if they have it it their bio

That doesn’t mean your date wants a relationship or children with YOU. But in general that is what they want, what is wrong with stating that? 

I would look into why it scares you so much when a person knows what they want.

Edited by Rose