Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

“It's just as if a man were wounded with an arrow thickly smeared with poison. His friends & companions, kinsmen & relatives would provide him with a surgeon, and the man would say, 'I won't have this arrow removed until I know whether the man who wounded me was a noble warrior, a priest, a merchant, or a worker.' He would say, 'I won't have this arrow removed until I know the given name & clan name of the man who wounded me... until I know whether he was tall, medium, or short... until I know whether he was dark, ruddy-brown, or golden-colored... until I know his home village, town, or city... until I know whether the bow with which I was wounded was a long bow or a crossbow... until I know whether the bowstring with which I was wounded was fiber, bamboo threads, sinew, hemp, or bark... until I know whether the shaft with which I was wounded was wild or cultivated... until I know whether the feathers of the shaft with which I was wounded were those of a vulture, a stork, a hawk, a peacock, or another bird... until I know whether the shaft with which I was wounded was bound with the sinew of an ox, a water buffalo, a langur, or a monkey.' He would say, 'I won't have this arrow removed until I know whether the shaft with which I was wounded was that of a common arrow, a curved arrow, a barbed, a calf-toothed, or an oleander arrow.' The man would die and those things would still remain unknown to him.”

56 minutes ago, Alexander said:

There are far better things one should focus about.

I find all the debates here useless and a waste of time one should invest in his/hers life's betterment.

😂. The “boring” is not non duality. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 minute ago, Alexander said:

What is it then?I find these debates devoid from any practical value.

Whatever rocks your boat man but I find Rupert Spira boring af ,just one example out of many.

Non duality = Thoughtlessness. There is no such a thing as teacher. Anything you know is not non duality, non duality is absolutely no attachments including the word of nonduality.   

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

8 hours ago, Alexander said:

There are far better things one should focus about.

I find all the debates here useless and a waste of time one should invest in his/hers life's betterment.

I tend to agree. 🙏🏻 

5 hours ago, Alexander said:

Why such aversion to thoughts.Thoughts are natural .Life continues with or without them.

Aversion isn’t to thoughts in that context. Aversion, natural and life are thoughts.

Aversion is ‘away from’ feeling, via thought, namely conceptualization.

Like aversion from feeling boredom by conceptualizing yourself as a thing, which is boring.

Not-Two, Not-One.

Non-duality in truth isn’t even something that can be focused on, as there isn’t a distinction between anything. I feel the debates are useless as well, what we need is discussions about healing, not debates about who has the more accurate conception of something, or Nothing 😂 

Non-duality just brings the intellectual down to heel to Feeling as it is actually grasped, because it cannot actually be grasped 😇

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

Nonduality is fascinating to me, let me try to give a taste as to why.  You can think of it as transduality too.  It's one (but not the only) intellectual key and map to integration work.  The problem I found and solved is I had to make sense of it myself because everyone has their own definition of nonduality and what it entails it seems.  It's not just transduality -- it's also transmonality, trans triality, trans quadrality, etc.  If you have one term or concept that's a monality, a network of two concepts that's a duality, a network of five that's a pentality.  Take truth for example, that's a monality.  True vs. false is a duality.  Human masculine, human feminine, human marriage, divine masculine, divine feminine, divine marriage -- that's a sextality (no pun intended!).  What we're doing is concatenating concepts or ideas into a finite network of relations a.k.a. an intellectual model.  What nonduality and transduality teaches is that these are useful models that the intellect conjures up and that the ego uses to develop.  But when they're taken to be reality, a problem emerges with the map vs. territory duality which is also a "pointer" (but be careful with the map vs. territory duality!). 

In addition, what this teaches is a much more mature handling of ideas and what they impact and what they don't touch, and why they're useful and why they need to be taken with caution when investigating reality.   And it's all good too, nothing needs to be thrown away, just a greater understanding had.  It's not about pushing things into your shadow, it's about letting things be the way they always were but with a deeper understanding of it all, and then slowly a deeper embodiment or attainment or transformation, but this comes with time too.  

You need the understanding to aid the transformation. Most of us have a hard time separating ideas from reality even if we're very tutored in this situation. We're realists and idealists both. And sometimes that admixture is hard to untangle.  Thinking of ideas as tools that can be picked up and put down really helped me earlier on for some of this to sink in. But again, be careful, that can lead to a rigid duality between ideas vs. reality which also breaks down and folds in around the edges and is sneaky.  Ditto for relative vs. Absolute duality.  This stuff goes very deep.  Mind vs. body.  Ego vs. No-ego.  Self vs. No Self.  Duality vs. Nonduality. These are all dualities.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

I really enjoyed reading this thank you 🙏 

I feel what often happens with solely focusing on non-duality is that one will begin to attach to the insights as a monality as you call it, and not coming back down to Earth where we can talk like normal people. I feel this is a more World-Centric view, there isn’t any separate self & neither is there a central self. In Zen they call this Not-Two, Not-One, to not attach to the world or lens, body or mind, enlightenment or embodiment, Flow is found in attachment to literally nothing. 

You don’t need to let go of anything, but man, the more you do, the more you just love your formless shape-shifting nature, and melt in Love with the world. 

The funny thing is, the realist is actually an idealist if they are attached to any form of reality being a certain way, and the idealist is the realist when they are realizing where genuine insight comes from, Feeling guiding thinking. 

The ideas are reality, the thoughts are feelings, but the content the thought is not. 

I’d like to hear your thoughts on this ☺️

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

@Loop The relative is about "working with" dualities and the Absolute is about transcending the relative, but then there's a duality between the relative and the Absolute that has a "working with".   Dualities are not entirely transcended because we interplay with/wobble the Human vs. Divine duality.  There's no problem with this -- the only problem is when we see our own weaknesses/limitations/holding outs being reinforced instead of improved.  And/or we live a life of unnecessary suffering longer than we have to.  I'm just painting a picture in words here.  It's about both accepting and rejecting ideas -- that's what makes it complicated.  Ideas are masculine, the intellect.  Being is feminine, acceptance of what is here.  There's ultimately a divine marriage between these two that can be integrated.  But this is my model.  Every person is different!  We're different personalities.  I appreciate that and assume each one of us has to find our own way.  All teachers are hearsay from your perspective, and depending on how they relate to your personality, that will be either accepted or rejected by you.  We're attracted to either/both doubling down on our strengths or working on our weaknesses.  Some people just want to relish in the divine masculine or the divine feminine and they don't care about integrating the human masculine, human feminine, human marriage or the Divine Marriage.  But this is my model for integration at a wide level or perspective -- much wider than a lot of people tolerate or accept.  And I'm not pushing myself on anyone.  I want you to find your way.  The Divine Masculine is the sovereign individual.  There's no one who's going to tell the sovereign individual what's what!  Now, that's a step in the path but not the end.  There's more to be integrated.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Alexander

Nonduality without loa is nice & safe. One can be cynical, skeptical, solipsistic, not let go of much, and eat discordant bread everyday while pretending the discord isn’t obvious af. (Aka boring life!)

Blue was uneventful, green was interesting for a hot minute, yellow’s on hold for cynicism and anger preservation, but turquoise will knock your socks off and feel right at home. Prior to that there’s just the magician.

This dreamboard stuff’s been for you all along. 

Much love my hard headed brother. 

Be true only to yourself. 

Merry Christmas. 🙂