Donald Trump

Kevin

I wanted to make a political thread but I’m not sure what section to post it in because there isn’t a political section.

In the spiritual community it seems like everyone dislikes Trump especially on the actualized forum. Any mention of Trump doing anything good is met with disbelief that anyone who’s not completely stupid could like Trump.

I like Trump. Politics are so boring but Trump made the campaign trail and the debates so entertaining. Also I genuinely think he was a decent president. And I’m honestly excited for all the shit talking in the debates and I know the election is going to be incredibly entertaining.

what do y’all think? Are you excited about the upcoming election? Uninterested? Pissed about Trump?

So, I'm not overly political really, so I'm not going to be interested in some debate or anything, but  I did vote for Trump and the economy was great while he was president.

Now,  I'm losing money in my 401k hand over fist (THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS), gas is sky high and my grocery bill is ridiculous. I would vote another republican in to office tomorrow if I could. 

Just sayin'.

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

4 hours ago, Faith said:

So, I'm not overly political really, so I'm not going to be interested in some debate or anything, but  I did vote for Trump and the economy was great while he was president.

Now,  I'm losing money in my 401k hand over fist (THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS), gas is sky high and my grocery bill is ridiculous. I would vote another republican in to office tomorrow if I could. 

Just sayin'.

Nice glad to know I’m not the only one. Sometimes I feel like I live in a completely different reality because of how differently some people seem to view him.

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If someone can manipulate you they're smarter than you are.

Not sure how the pertains to the topic at hand. Perhaps you are insinuating that the only reason I could like Trump is because he manipulated me. If so that is rude, passive aggressive, and ignorant. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Your benefit of the doubt should come before your reasons to dismiss me not after.  That sounds like a patronizing statement.  I don't need a false (pseudo) statement in concession.  I don't care for Trump personally and I think he is entirely a con artist.  There you have it.  Everything should make sense that I wrote before now.  And yes, he is smarter than all the people he manipulates.  Not only is he a con artist but he's also a criminal.

You should have just said all that to start with instead of beating around the bush. The ignorance here is incredible. The inability to understand that Trump is not only hilarious but was a great president is astounding. It’s wild that you think I like him because I was manipulated. You don’t even know me so that’s straight up ignorant.

Anyway you’ve clearly been manipulated by the media machine into hating Trump. They are good at manipulating people lacking common sense and perspicacity. I probably can’t have a proper discussion with you about this just based how close minded you’ve been so far.

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

Politics are so boring but Trump

I have to agree. I love politics. It's like a grounding, safe, entertaining thing to me. I love republicans and MAGAs because they make it so interesting. If everyone was a leftie like me, it would just be boring. Delightful contrast and duality.

Maybe it's some karma I just gotta burn.

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

what do y’all think?

I think Trump is just straight-forward narcissist, opportunist, egoist, manipulator. Not like a self-aware one, but just totally unaware of what he's doing. He seems a lot like a kid to me.

His presidency and the entire MAGA and republican atmosphere has gone down deep into manipulation and propaganda. January 6th was an example. I think republicans are ruthlessly manipulated by propagandists like Fox News, Ben Shapiro, Tim Pool etc. I'm quite certain these medias are paid and controlled by big money. Their politics and views are completely unhinged from what I think is reasonable.

The right wing, not only in US but everywhere in the west, is down a fascist road. It's too clear by now.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

8 hours ago, Faith said:

the economy was great while he was president.

Now,  I'm losing money in my 401k hand over fist (THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS), gas is sky high and my grocery bill is ridiculous.

I'm not familiar with how laws and taxes are passed in the US, but I don't think the president has really leverage on these things?

What did Trump do that gas and grocery prices were lower? Or is it more like prices just go up and down according to other economic reasons and whoever sits on the throne is either thanked or blamed?

At least in europe, prices are up because the war in Ukraine and restrictions on Russian economy and energy.

It's actually quite bad here. We might have to regulate electricity during winter (electricity cut off for a few hours at certain areas every now and then) because we're running short. We used to buy energy from Russia.

As someone who doesn't live in the US, doesn't closely follow politics, and doesn't have much time for bullshit or those who spread it - I think Donald Trump is an absolute tit, and the fact he was the appointed leader of your country is a perfect display of how catastrophically fucked the US is, and what a farce the US electoral process is. I think the US lost a lot of respect from other countries during that time, in particular those in the EU.

...but then you go and replace him with Joe Biden - you could not make this shit up 😀

My YouTube channel - Adeptus Psychonautica

Donald Trump in a few words:

• unbelievably unconscious
  • pathologically narcissist
  • con artist
  • dangerous arsonist
  • misogynist
  • fraud
  • inept for power (psychologically + lack of basic skills for politics)
  • criminal/fellon (sedition, rape, fraud, etc)
  • superficial
  • generally underdeveloped as a human being
  • vulgar

No one is over politics. If you live on this planet, politics is your concern. And if there is some resonance, or a general inability to see through the con, I suggest someone start a heavy shadow work practice 😐. I can't find a better version of the antichrist than him.

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

24 minutes ago, Serenity said:

No one is over politics. If you live on this planet, politics is your concern.

I disagree on this.

"Living on a planet" is thought story.

I think we just like the drama, the immersion into the world of politics, the right and wrong side, being right etc. And then some kind of wanna make it seem important and very real when it's just thought-attachment.

3 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I'm not familiar with how laws and taxes are passed in the US, but I don't think the president has really leverage on these things?

What did Trump do that gas and grocery prices were lower? Or is it more like prices just go up and down according to other economic reasons and whoever sits on the throne is either thanked or blamed?

The economy has a lot has to do with who is president here and the laws they pass and shutting down the fuel lines, etc, ect....

I voted Democrat for most of my life, but not anymore. I wouldn't say I'm completely a  rightist just because I vote that direction, because I don't agree with "everything" they do either, but honestly I just don't care THAT much. 

Anyways, have fun with this thread. Lol. I'm out. 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I disagree on this.

"Living on a planet" is thought story.

I think we just like the drama, the immersion into the world of politics, the right and wrong side, being right etc. And then some kind of wanna make it seem important and very real when it's just thought-attachment.

No, living on a planet is not a 'thought story'. This is a form of spiritual bypassing of the relative perspective, and the relative perspective is not to be discarded as human beings. Staying grounded is important and cancelling the relative perspective will get you uprooted. I do not recommend it as it is a bad trap to fall in while seeking 'truth' and lead a lot of people to get psychosis, or act against their own interests.. And regarding that point, I think denying that there is a planet is not a good outlook.

To get back into the subject of politics:

We all live in synergy and your mind has been conditioned by collective imprint. The thoughts pattern you hold, most emotions you feel, most of your body load of suffering, and the life experience you are having is tied to the res publica (the public thing/the public affair ) and how it was managed in the past, and how it is managed now.

Also, let's not forget that mystics have been abused, tortured and killed by corrupted/unconscious governements.  Jesus words on the cross was 'forgiven them, for they do not know what they do'. He got persecuted, and crucified because of politics. His ideas didn't suit the political power in place, and Pontius Pilate, the local governor sentenced him to death. Marguerite Porete was burned at the stake, Meister Eckhart was accused of heresy while teaching etc. There are countless number of awake people whose life have been deeply compromised by bad politics.

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

12 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I have to agree. I love politics. It's like a grounding, safe, entertaining thing to me. I love republicans and MAGAs because they make it so interesting. If everyone was a leftie like me, it would just be boring. Delightful contrast and duality.

Maybe it's some karma I just gotta burn.

I think Trump is just straight-forward narcissist, opportunist, egoist, manipulator. Not like a self-aware one, but just totally unaware of what he's doing. He seems a lot like a kid to me.

I love that while we both disagree on Trump you are ok with it and it seems like you aren’t quick to judge. I find that a lot of open mindedness goes at the window at even the mention of his name so I appreciate that.

His presidency and the entire MAGA and republican atmosphere has gone down deep into manipulation and propaganda. January 6th was an example. I think republicans are ruthlessly manipulated by propagandists like Fox News, Ben Shapiro, Tim Pool etc. I'm quite certain these medias are paid and controlled by big money. Their politics and views are completely unhinged from what I think is reasonable.

It’s interesting I feel the exact same way about mainstream media as a whole. I think that mainstream media is controlled by big money is not there to tell us the truth. It is there to spin a narrative. I think the main reason people hate Trump is because there has been a very deliberate and concerted effort to make him look bad ever since he started to run for president.

I do agree that Fox News and a lot of right wing media is propaganda as well. The only good thing I could say about them is that if they weren’t there it would be a totally leftist echo chamber.

The right wing, not only in US but everywhere in the west, is down a fascist road. It's too clear by now.

At least in europe, prices are up because the war in Ukraine and restrictions on Russian economy and energy.

It's actually quite bad here. We might have to regulate electricity during winter (electricity cut off for a few hours at certain areas every now and then) because we're running short. We used to buy energy from Russia.

From my understanding there is a big debate over drilling for oil in America. During the Trump administration drilling for oil in America was encouraged which lead to lower gas prices. Now that Biden is in office he ended all of that. That gets into an entirely different topic about global warming and energy use though. Could be an interesting thread.

11 hours ago, Adeptus Psychonautica said:

As someone who doesn't live in the US, doesn't closely follow politics, and doesn't have much time for bullshit or those who spread it - I think Donald Trump is an absolute tit, and the fact he was the appointed leader of your country is a perfect display of how catastrophically fucked the US is, and what a farce the US electoral process is. I think the US lost a lot of respect from other countries during that time, in particular those in the EU.

...but then you go and replace him with Joe Biden - you could not make this shit up 😀

Fair.

10 hours ago, Serenity said:

Donald Trump in a few words:

• unbelievably unconscious
  • pathologically narcissist
  • con artist
  • dangerous arsonist
  • misogynist
  • fraud
  • inept for power (psychologically + lack of basic skills for politics)
  • criminal/fellon (sedition, rape, fraud, etc)
  • superficial
  • generally underdeveloped as a human being
  • vulgar

No one is over politics. If you live on this planet, politics is your concern. And if there is some resonance, or a general inability to see through the con, I suggest someone start a heavy shadow work practice 😐. I can't find a better version of the antichrist than him.

There’s a lot to unpack here. You seem to really hate the guy. Going so far as to compare him to the antichrist. I think it would be wise to explore that with shadow work.

I can’t really address most of the bullet points because they are character judgements based on nothing. You’ve never met him and neither have I so calling him unconscious or dangerous arsonist is just speculation on your part.

I will address your point about him being a criminal because it’s a common misconception. Trump has never been found guilty of a crime. However, since running for office, he has been accused on around 50 separate occasions of various crimes. Not once has he been convicted because he is innocent. With the amount of hate the media has stirred up if he were guilty of any of them he would be in jail by now. Before he ran for office he was very popular. Rappers made songs about him. Donald Trump by Mac Miller is fire. After he started campaigning everything switched. It’s a clear smear campaign.