Drugs

8 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

Whatever, mom.. 🙄😒

Well, my son is 30. Not sure your age, but most likely I could be your mom. You know what they say, older and wiser. 😉

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

@God you included bread into your list of sugars, so I thought you meant all forms of carbs, bread can be a complex carb, not all bread is refined. 

On a personal level, based on my experience I will have to disagree with you, because I've taken adderall type pills for a while and was actually eating a complex carbohydrate type diet with slow Burning carbs, I didn't crave refined sugar more, in fact I replaced it with adderall.

Everyone's body type is different when it comes to handling substances, some people do become addicted to weed, it causes observable changes in the brain for some people, if it doesn't for you cool you've been blessed by the gods, but look online and you'll see much research has gone into the long term effects of cannabis use.

Also, I'm aware that carbs aren't necessary, I've been on the keto diet before and personally It wasn't very sustainable for me because it hinders muscle growth and my stomach felt like shit, I like carbs, but if it works for you cool.

I have oatmeal with honey every morning and i feel great lol.

To say that weed isn't at least a little addictive is absurd.

Edited by Orb

♾️

26 minutes ago, God said:

Well that explains it.  Wasn't there some thing called "the war on drugs" during 95% of your life?

Might that have possibly subconsciously influenced your perception of illegal drugs / their safety?

The person that went to rehab for weed addiction was my step mom and it was in 1986 (I was 16). So,  there was no "subconscious" anything about "war on drugs" at that time there was no war on drugs that I heard anything about. 

Also, I started smoking cigarettes at 10, was up to a pack a day by 12. Occasionally drank and smoked pot by 12 (stole it from my parents). Got addicted to opiates when I was 24. 

I had my own "personal" experience with drugs. Other stuff I didn't even mention, so don't pretend you know my past, because you know my age. 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

It's funny to me when people say something is not addictive but they are clearly addicted to it.  Let's not mince words.  Addiction simply means you get a craving and satisfy it with the substance and you do this routinely even though on some level you want to stop.  That's addiction.  You want to stop but part of you doesn't too.  You have a conflict inside that leans more toward doing the substance than stopping doing the substance.  I think the first step with addiction work is to suck it up and be honest and admit you have one or more addictions.  Marijuana is definitely highly addictive.  Alcohol is highly addictive.  For certain individuals I think psychedelics are addictive too.  LSD might be addictive.  I don't think the scary psychedelics are all that addictive.  The happy psychedelics might become addictive.  High glycemic carbs are addictive.  Try going a week without eating any high glycemic carbs.  You're gonna see how that addiction starts yapping at you really fast.  Garbage food is addictive like fast food mostly I think because of high glycemic carbs.  I think one reason LSD is not addictive is because you can't do it day after day.  You have to wait several days to do it again.  If you could do LSD daily I think I could become addicted to it.  I love LSD.  I like the stimulating and happy energy of it.  I don't see how I could become addicted to shrooms, salvia, NN'DMT, 5-Meo-DMT, these are all scary psychedelics on some level.  Although I had one very happy trip on Salvia, it was weird.  But Salvia is usually scary, sometimes very scary.  LSD is never scary for me except for the ego loss part, but it's not as scary as the other psychedelics for me.  LSD is more profound than scary.  I've never done MDMA so I can't comment on this one.  Shrooms are moody, I've had some of my happiest and some of my scariest trips on shrooms, sometimes both in the same trip too.  All the uppers are highly addictive.  I don't know anything about pills or heroin.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

you get a craving

What is a "craving" in direct experience?

Is craving different from desire?

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

LSD might be addictive.

Hmm. What if there isn't really addictive things?

Something sounds off about "LSD might be addictive." I'm not sure why.

The word "addictive" is a bit weird. Something feels off about that.

Though I agree in a sense that there seems to be some cases of compulsory using of psychedelics. But it's usually probably connected to using lots of drugs in general. The compulsion might be to getting high in general, if that's a thing?

It's quite common to also hear that cannabis addiction is not possible, and that there is no withdrawal to it. But that's bullshit. There is withdrawal to it. Speaking from personal experience.

There must be an effortless way.

You might come to the realization that there's no need to be super high all the time.  It's not necessary.  It's a hard one to dial down but it can be done.  It might take a long time to find that right time, and then you will watch yourself do it.  They key is once you have a particular monkey off your back, don't let it back on.  What screws people up is they think because they quit once they can do it easily again.  You're taking for granted how rare it is to be able to quit a drug for any period of time at all.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor