Drugs

2 hours ago, God said:

Weed isn't addictive, that's a fact.  What it is is "habit forming", which is something else.

It is, and I have direct experience of this.

About a week or two of excessive sweating, cravings, not being able to sleep, deppression, losing appetite etc.

About the same as quitting smoking.

I smoked almost every day for over a year before quitting. It was an addiction.

Maybe it's not physical addiction like other drugs, but addiction nonetheless, and very 'real'.

There must be an effortless way.

1 minute ago, Orb said:

@God 🤣🤣 

Weed is less addictive than sugar, lmao. 

bruh.. you do know that even cocaine is less addictive than sugar?  This is a classic study everyone knows about by now.  Given the choice, mice choose sugar over cocaine.  And weed can't even be compared to cocaine.

1 minute ago, Blessed2 said:

Maybe it's not physical addiction like other drugs, but addiction nonetheless, and very 'real'.

Might as well delete the rest.  You simply have an addictive personality.  You'd probably get withdrawals from quitting gaming or whatever too.

I could vape weed every day for a year, and quit completely with zero negative effects.  That's cause it's not actual addiction, just habit.  In fact, it's even easier to break the habit if I vape every day, cause then being sober just feels like a different high.

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

@God

Okay, go up to a cocaine addict, hold a donut in one hand, and a bag of cocaine in the other, which one you think he's gonna take? Lol

Put him on a broccoli diet for a month, and try your experiment, LOL

When was the last time you ate something sugary?  Even a piece of bread..

You have no idea how real sugar addiction is until you go several weeks without any.

Edited by God

1 minute ago, DMT Elf said:

I can't even imagine getting addicted to weed, lol.

Same.  It's literally impossible.  10g a day for a decade wouldn't be enough to get me addicted.  If I suddenly quit, the sober state would be like a full acid trip, lol.  If anything, I'd be at risk of getting addicted to this new crazy sober state😂😂

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

@God he would still be taking cocaine, and farting all the time from that brocoli.

No.

You'd take that donut, no doubt.

Quitting donuts is easy if you still eat fruit and bread.

Quitting everything with sugar is far more difficult.

Edited by God

@God that doesn't make any sense, If he went to eating brocoli that doesnt automatically mean hes gonna stop taking cocaine, i mentioned the guy in our imaginary scenario is a cocaine addict. 

Also, I'm fully open to it simply being dependent on a person's unique body chemistry.

Edited by Orb

♾️

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

I hear that balls get in the way of yoga and stretching, I guess that's the excuse

I think 'balls getting in the way' is just an excuse for guys to talk about their genitals, which is something we love to do for some reason.

My balls have never been in the way of doing anything. So it's always weird to me when that's mentioned. Maybe I just have tiny balls. 🤷

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

@God that doesn't make any sense, If he went to eating brocoli that doesnt automatically mean hes gonna stop taking cocaine, i mentioned the guy in our imaginary scenario is a cocaine addict. 

Also, I'm fully open to it simply being dependent on a person's unique body chemistry.

You don't get how these experiments work?  If you wanna see if you're dependent on something, see what happens when you go independent of it.

It's that simple.

Remove sugar to see if you're addicted to sugar.

Remove cocaine to see if you're addicted to cocaine.

Whichever addiction is stronger is the thing you're gonna want more when presented with it.

29 minutes ago, Faith said:

@Blessed2 I unfortunately have an addictive personality. I have written before about my smoking/vaping addiction I quit that 4 or 5 yrs ago cold turkey. I dont recall the year. I also had quit alcohol completely, because of a tendency to binge if stressed.  

I don't do well with trying to use something I like "moderately". My current (but not new) struggle is sweets. I hate to cut them out completely, but there might not be another way. 🤷‍♀️ I haven't made up my mind yet. 

Me too. It sucks.

I've been thinking of quitting nicotine and alcohol both for good. Though I'm not serious about it yet.

Same thing, there seems to be no moderate use for me. I just feel like I need a place to 'hide'. And when I do, I'm hiding all the time.

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Me too. It sucks.

I've been thinking of quitting nicotine and alcohol both for good. Though I'm not serious about it yet.

Same thing, there seems to be no moderate use for me. I just feel like I need a place to 'hide'. And when I do, I'm hiding all the time.

Oh, I forgot to mention I got addicted to pain pills in my 20's when I had an injury. Had to quit those cold turkey too.

None of the quitting was easy...but all of it necessary. Which makes me think I'm gonna have to say bye bye to the sweets for good too. 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

@God 

Quitting fruit and bread (basically carbs) is like starving yourself, this cannot be compared to being addicted to cocaine at all. 

That's like saying food in general is more addictive because if you stop eating food you'll feel intense cravings, like I understand where you're coming from, but those two things just can't be compared, one of then is just more essential.

♾️

Anyone who seriously wants to know about the potential of marijuana dependence can read about it here at the National Institute on Drug Abuse-

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

19 minutes ago, Orb said:

@God 

Quitting fruit and bread (basically carbs) is like starving yourself, this cannot be compared to being addicted to cocaine at all. 

That's like saying food in general is more addictive because if you stop eating food you'll feel intense cravings, like I understand where you're coming from, but those two things just can't be compared, one of then is just more essential.

lmao wat

There are these things called vegetables, meat, dairy, etc.

Sugar is fine, but only when slowly released from being locked up in fibre.  Some fruits are fine, your favorites are not if you're trying to carry out a scientific experiment.

Without fibre, the sugar spikes blood sugar levels, and your brain function is immediately severely altered. Refined sugar is basically a hardcore drug.  Cocaine, in its natural state, is healthy like an apple, but when you extract the cocaine from the plant and refine it into a powder it becomes dangerous.  If you extracted the sugar from a hundred apples, it shouldn't be surprising the result will be unhealthy as well.

4 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

Whatever, mom.. 🙄😒

ikr.. I bet she still eats bread and drinks coffee with caffeine..

One drug vs another drug.

Edited by God