@Visions I lost my dad last year.  I did a lot of meditating during the 6 months before he died and I think the work I did during that time has had a lasting effect on my growth.  It's made me much more compassionate, and because I watched it all happen, it made me realize that life is fragile and short.  He was here one minute, gone the next.  I saw myself die with him in a way, the part of me that was an arrogant asshole.  I realized that's me, that's where I'm going to end up too, as is everyone.  And my dad was so strong and to watch him get cancelled basically against his will reduced me to something very basic about our time here.  It taught me to keep focused on my life purpose and to try to share with others more.  I still miss my dad but his legacy lives on in me.  I have a shrine almost in my living room with his stuff that I draw from every day.  I look at that and feel like he would be proud of me.  My dad didn't do enough to prepare for death which was hard on both him and me.  He was very strong and wanted to live.  He wanted to control.  And I got to watch that and learn lots of lessons about many things.  I can't imagine what it would be like to work in a hospital or nursing home and see people die all the time.  One doctor told me it's never easy for them, after I asked,  you must see this all the time?  It was the ultimate mindf**k losing my dad.  I would say more profound than any psychedelic trip I've ever had.  Hang in there and stay strong.  Spending time in a nursing home while my dad was there temporarily (3 years before he died) also had a profound impact on me.  I went there every day for over a month and would hang out with my dad there in the evenings.  Talk about humbling!  It really taught me to make the most of right now.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

16 hours ago, Visions said:

My father has cancer. We've been told that he only has a few months to live. 

Awe, so very sorry💕. I have lost a few close relatives to cancer myself. My best advice when the the end is inevitable is this- 

9b004be48c941b883a39cfed01a16c2e.thumb.jpg.16019135120c70b540552c728a79e230.jpg

Hang in there 🙏

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

On 3/21/2022 at 8:51 AM, Visions said:

My father has cancer. We've been told that he only has a few months to live. 

When we see our parents through our eyes growing up it can be so difficult to let them go in adulthood. 

My father did everything for me, my mother died of a drug overdose when I was only 13. I'm in my late 20's now.

When we speak to each other over the phone now because he's in a different city, knowing he's only got a few months to live underneath... I'm lost for words. So I feel the spaces with as much calmness and story that I can, just to push the words out. Listen to whatever he wants to talk about. Love him as much as I can.

So it's difficult to accept all of this, it is painful. 

I see what you mean though.

Truth and love to you! 😄 

❤️ i'm so sorry to hear that. Hang on in there. ❤️ It hurts as hell, but there's some beauty to it, because it hurts out of love to someone... i feel moved.. ❤️ all the best for you ❤️ 

On 3/18/2022 at 2:27 PM, Forza21 said:

So, the implication of all this is: IF YOU SUFFER, IT'S NOT THE TRUTH. You are missing something. 

*Hanging on to something. 

A thought about who you are, derived from what you’ve experienced - which discord tells you is not true about you. 

The reasoning was excellent btw. Love is unconditional and infinite, and does not know suffering. 

Infinite can not know finite. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

*Hanging on to something. 

A thought about who you are, derived from what you’ve experience - which discord tells you is not true about you. 

The reasoning was excellent btw. Love is unconditional and infinite, and does not know suffering. 

Infinite can not know finite. 

It was the first thing Tim said to me, and it resonates so much with me ❤️ it keeps me alive, that if i suffer IT IS NOT THE END of the journey ❤️ 

On 3/18/2022 at 9:27 PM, Forza21 said:

Can truth be painful? 

The big struggle i have, is when I suffer, and I see "God-Realization" through the lens of ego, which claims itself to be God. So it's basically pure solipsism trap, and madness, because ego claims itself to be the only real thing, and everything else is imaginary. All the world, doesn't exist, but this ego-mind of Forza. It's Sick.

When there's suffering, there are also thoughts like " what if it's how reality really is, and it's all pure suffering and hell? Maybe when i think otherwise, I avoid the truth? Perhaps "I' (the ego) created all this? Maybe when "I" die, i'll see all the people were imagined by me, (my ego) ?

BUT if this was true, and there was no other way to create reality, me, as Forza-God (haha), would never, ever, would want to awake. Like never. Because it would be awaking to pure hell.  I would design such reality, without even a single trace of possibility of awaking. 

So if God leaves all the possibility to one's awaking, through spirituality, meditation, psychedelics, all the spiritual gurus, religions, and much more, it means it wants the best for itself. It serves some purpose.

Therefore, the TRUTH must be blissful, must be love, must be happiness.
As God, i would want all the best for myself, right?

So, the implication of all this is: IF YOU SUFFER, IT'S NOT THE TRUTH. You are missing something. 

My bet is, what you miss, it "no self" realization. Ego claims God's throne. Because God is truly selfless, so there's no one to be lonely after realization. God is also love, so there's only that. 

is it correct way of reasoning?   Can truth be something other than blissful experience? is reality really perfect? and why? OR MAYBE, Could it be designed other than the way it is? 

It will scare the shit out of the ego.  But, it is a pure beauty when ego drops or become under control. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

On 3/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, Forza21 said:

Can truth be painful? 

The big struggle i have, is when I suffer, and I see "God-Realization" through the lens of ego, which claims itself to be God. So it's basically pure solipsism trap, and madness, because ego claims itself to be the only real thing, and everything else is imaginary. All the world, doesn't exist, but this ego-mind of Forza. It's Sick.

When there's suffering, there are also thoughts like " what if it's how reality really is, and it's all pure suffering and hell? Maybe when i think otherwise, I avoid the truth? Perhaps "I' (the ego) created all this? Maybe when "I" die, i'll see all the people were imagined by me, (my ego) ?

BUT if this was true, and there was no other way to create reality, me, as Forza-God (haha), would never, ever, would want to awake. Like never. Because it would be awaking to pure hell.  I would design such reality, without even a single trace of possibility of awaking. 

So if God leaves all the possibility to one's awaking, through spirituality, meditation, psychedelics, all the spiritual gurus, religions, and much more, it means it wants the best for itself. It serves some purpose.

Therefore, the TRUTH must be blissful, must be love, must be happiness.
As God, i would want all the best for myself, right?

My bet is, what you miss, it "no self" realization. Ego claims God's throne. Because God is truly selfless, so there's no one to be lonely after realization. God is also love, so there's only that. 

is it correct way of reasoning?   Can truth be something other than blissful experience? is reality really perfect? and why? OR MAYBE, Could it be designed other than the way it is? 

Forza, there is some really good stuff here, but you have a lot of stuff wrong.  Suffering is very powerful - it will bring you to awakening if its channeled as such - combined with mediation.  But its not that you see God realization through the lens of the ego.  You are not experiencing God realization or having a mystical experience or a direct experience of God.  That is the only reason you are saying you are filtering it through the ego.  The ego is completely absent during God realization.  And once you realize God, you can have further awakenings like the one i just had tonight, because you have already realized that you are Awareness itself or Being itself.   The problem is you are building solipsism and idealism into your ideas of awakening.  It isn't ike that.  You can't conceptualize these things ahead of time, so you are correct.   Now, when you actually realize you are God you will realize that you are dreaming everything, but this is liberating and it will be the love of God washing all over you, like I had tonight.  It just means you are One with the universe, you are the universe, and you are everything there is.  This should follow with waves of bliss and love, so it is not a bad thing.  So solipsism and imaginary, they are just words, - reality IS.  But it is Consciousness, and you can become aware that it is - but this is because it can't be anything physiscal or objective, because its happening in your Mind.  It doesn't happen "outside" of you or objectively.  That is indeed something within Mind.  Physicality is within Mind, Mind is not within Physicality.  That's just something you can become directly aware of.    And I mean through Being - but also Being is not something out there, its something within you - you are Being.

Edited by Robed Mystic