Positive expectation is very different from expecting things. For example if you are going to the doctor's office and you expect to be nervous, and you expect to have blood drawn and expect it to hurt and you expect the conversation to be uncomfortable and expect not to be listened to, you're going to feel awful. But if you consciously intend to have a good and productive visit, you are switching your thoughts from focusing on thoughts that feel bad, to considering what you want, other ways to look at things and imagining good possibilities. It's the knowing that we create with our thoughts, that we are creators. It's all about breaking it down to in the moment, dropping a thought that feels bad and/or picking one that feels better. Positive expectation is knowing that no matter what happens it's gonna be Good. It's much different from expecting your partner to provide all your fulfillment from here on out or expecting the new house or job to make you 100% fulfilled forever more. We are always expanding and this itself is satisfying, a new dream or desire is satisfying in itself. 

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy

Agree with what you mean. However, I would rather call it grounded happiness, confidence or something like that.

On the emotional scale there is "positive expectations, belief, optimism"

Belief is where suffering arises, because it is always believing thoughts. Expectations is the same. Optimism is related to the future, too.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

3 minutes ago, BlendingInfinite said:

@Mandy

Agree with what you mean. However, I would rather call it grounded happiness, confidence or something like that.

On the emotional scale there is "positive expectations, belief, optimism"

Belief is where suffering arises, because it is always believing thoughts. Expectations is the same. Optimism is related to the future, too.

It sticks out to me that while Abraham always says "expectation" you use the word "expectations". I mean, not to be annoying and nitpicky, but I think there's a massive, profound difference there, and you aren't hearing the word how it's intended. 

The future is not excluded from now. There is no past, now, future. So we cannot secure our happiness and spiritual enlightenment by avoiding the future, because we are wise enough to know there is only now, we simply never experience the future directly. However when we are feeling fricking AMAZING about the future, we are feeling that... now. 

Youtube Channel  

11 minutes ago, Mandy said:

It sticks out to me that while Abraham always says "expectation" you use the word "expectations". I mean, not to be annoying and nitpicky, but I think there's a massive, profound difference there, and you aren't hearing the word how it's intended. 

The future is not excluded from now. There is no past, now, future. So we cannot secure our happiness and spiritual enlightenment by avoiding the future, because we are wise enough to know there is only now, we simply never experience the future directly. However when we are feeling fricking AMAZING about the future, we are feeling that... now. 

The question remains, why Abraham Hicks advices to believe thoughts stories, which should arise in the future.

It is about what Abraham Hicks says and actually means.

My list has now changed

1. Peter Ralston
  2. Phil
  3. Bryon Katie
  4. Abraham Hicks

Phil made it one step up, wheres Abraham Hicks loses 2 ranking points 😄 However, the question is about what Abraham Hicks actually means, maybe there is more too it. AH obviously advices to belief in thought stories. You can watch this video and others to validate it.

Even if there would be a difference between expectation and expectations, the emotional scale still contains believe and optimism.

Edited by BlendingInfinite

Left means not right

@BlendingInfinite

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, BlendingInfinite said:

@Philwhy does Abraham hicks say one should expect things, isn’t this projecting into the future🤔

There isn’t a future per se, but Ourself, ‘The Now’, and we’re quite literally creating reality. Projecting in that sense is really, quite literally creating. Pre-paving, imagining things working out for you is excellent alignment “work” imo. I use quotes because it’s not really work at all, because it feels great. Reality is very literally love, pure magic and we are vibrational beings. (And not even two.) So it makes perfect sense that aspects like vibration, resonating, and alignment are key. Even if not for ‘the stuff’, or how things ‘will’ go, for no reason other than how you feel, it’s most logical and sensible. 

10 hours ago, Phil said:

@BlendingInfinite

Thanks. 

There isn’t a future per se, but Ourself, ‘The Now’, and we’re quite literally creating reality. Projecting in that sense is really, quite literally creating. Pre-paving, imagining things working out for you is excellent alignment “work” imo. I use quotes because it’s not really work at all, because it feels great. Reality is very literally love, pure magic and we are vibrational beings. (And not even two.) So it makes perfect sense that aspects like vibration, resonating, and alignment are key. Even if not for ‘the stuff’, or how things ‘will’ go, for no reason other than how you feel, it’s most logical and sensible. 

I agree. So no expectation🤔hence, we can remove it from the emotional scale. So less work👍

What do you think 

Left means not right

It is obviously an inconcistancy in Abraham hicks work. It teaches suffering. People are trained to believing thoughts and that this is good. It is not even if they are positive, because they are believed.

Moreover over the future. 

Left means not right

2 hours ago, BlendingInfinite said:

What do you think 

2 hours ago, BlendingInfinite said:

It is obviously an inconcistancy in Abraham hicks work. It teaches suffering. People are trained to believing thoughts and that this is good. It is not even if they are positive, because they are believed.

Moreover over the future. 

What if how you feel is put ‘above’ what you believe?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

What if how you feel is put ‘above’ what you believe?

Then you could say hitler saved jews.

Language does transfer insights, isn’t that true🤔Abraham hicks did not transfer the insights you want to point to. 

Beliebing sounds I interpret something into the said beyond what is communicated by Abraham hicks not you. It is about Abraham hicks. You saying now i believe is like dismissing that using assumptions. 

Left means not right

I don't think ee can dismiss everything what anybody says and just projecting our own thoughts into it. 

There is a certain consens on what people understand by language constructs and we have responsibility to it. Otherwise our civilisation wouldn't work. We wouldn't have internet, this forum etc. Moreover, the usage of words and meaning should not be misused. This ends in Chaos. You could say this is what I believe, but the price would be that your children couldnt go to school. 

Left means not right