My struggle with smoking addiction

7 hours ago, Orb said:

@Faith ended up hitting a nicotine vape again 😂🥳🥳.

Yeah, when/if you actually want to stop I suggest to abstain completely. Get some candy to suck on. That's the only way I was able to stop. I had to say to myself that under no circumstances would I ever smoke or vape again, but maybe you aren't ready for that and that's okay.

I did that shit for years, so again, no judgement. Just don't kid yourself is all. 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

7 minutes ago, fopylo said:

It's all fun and games at the end of the day

Right, but before you know it 35 years can go by and your still smoking/vaping. 😂 That's basically what happened to me! So don't say it would never happen. 

Oh, I started at 10...yep, you heard me right.

1 hour ago, Orb said:

@Faith if that's what happens, then so be it, but it starts with lightheartedness/kindness, thats the 1st step. 🙂

I didn't have one person that said, "ya-know you really can stop smoking. You CAN!". Not one. Everyone said, Oh, if you want to smoke, then do it. Oh, if it helps calm your nerves, then do it. If it will be too hard to quit, then keep doing it. Don't put yourself through withdrawals, Just keep smoking. 

I'm trying to be the one person for you that says, @Orb if you want to stop, you CAN do it. 

....Or maybe I'm writing this for someone else that will read this that wants to quit, but doesn't think they can. 

Either way, I was inspired to write here, but I think I'm done now. 

💙

Another nicotine addict here. For me it's the swedish snus. I use it almost constantly.

I think that often addiction is due to holding discordant beliefs. "I need to do that" I need to be this/that" "I can't be like this" "I need to change" "I'm ruining my life" "It's necessary".

Those beliefs are held and the discord felt probably whether there is nicotine or not.

I'd write quitting on the dreamboard and then (and this might sound counter-productive) just let it go. Let yourself smoke. Let yourself 'ruin your health'. Let yourself be the 'failure'. Let yourself be 'unable to quit'.

If you can't quit, might as well enjoy the shit out of it. Enjoy consciously. Without guilt. Without shame. Without worry. Love it. Love the habit.

There must be an effortless way.

I personally don't quite agree with his approach, even if his intentions are good. He is a good hearted man after all (some of you may know him and the type of content he creates).

The judgement around it might trigger you, but you could see past that as to how his approach of calling it 'weak' doesn't help.

You might have opinions about this worth sharing.

You can absolutely be done with nicotine. Over here it's been a few weeks without it and there's no cravings for it whatsoever. 

Just disrupt the process and go through the first 3 days. People blow nicotine withdrawal waaaay outta proportion. 

Let's be honest, nicotine withdrawal is just gonna be you eating food all day and binge watching TV shows 😄, for like 2-3 days. 

Also, not trying to preach, but eating a plant based diet (been doing so for a few months now) has made withdrawals much easier, so that may help. I'm serious.

I was hooked on kratom for a while, kratom is a substance that's pretty much an opiate, it's just weaker than the traditional opiate drugs. Before when I tried to quit while eating meat/dairy I wouldn't be able to sleep, and when I did I'd have weird creepy dreams and wake up sweating with my heart beating outta my chest. 

I went cold turkey a couple months later but I was eating vegan this time, barely had any withdrawal symptoms, I was shocked honestly.

So yea, i hope this helps you if you think you're in too deep. You can be done with nicotine.

♾️