On meditation

Sethv

Can anyone explain some “insights” that keep coming when meditating?

1. The most common is a sensation of “a second wind”, where I feel like I can breathe more and somehow the air is “fresher”…

2. And …the one that “freaks me out” is when I get “hit” (like a deer on the road) or better said the body seems to get “wrapped whit this white light”. This one kinda gets me in to a “panic mode” and I don’t know what to do about it, my breathing is getting faster and I kinda snap out of the meditation “because”…. Well… its hard to explain🤣

1. This might be the natural result of deep relaxation. Sometimes we hold the slightest of tensions in certain areas of the body over extended periods of time and adapt vs notice. In deep relaxation that difference is often noticed.  Mindfully stomach breathing through out the day might be beneficial. You could also look up The Robi body chart and also Louise Hay’s spiritual explanations of health bodily symptoms to see if any body - mind correlations ‘click’. 

2. Seeing white light, such as a whiteout (like in the Matrix movie) or a blackout, or orbs of light etc, is somewhat common in meditation. As far as the freaked out aspect, I’d break from meditation and write or express in some way, whatever arises. There might be some release and some insight which follows. 

If you’ve ever directly experienced this, or witnessed it, it might be a helpful reference….  When kids become teens, they tend to project all discordant feelings onto both or one of their parents. It’s an innocent misunderstanding, and yet a worthwhile expression (far better than teens suppressing emotions imo). Similarly, in deep letting go / meditation,  whatever is not of the Love & Light, is naturally ‘burned away’.  Also, it’d make a lot of sense to ‘encounter’ the light, prior to the love. Not in a doing way, but in an as-letting-go way. 

16 hours ago, Sethv said:

2. And …the one that “freaks me out” is when I get “hit” (like a deer on the road) or better said the body seems to get “wrapped whit this white light”. This one kinda gets me in to a “panic mode” and I don’t know what to do about it, my breathing is getting faster and I kinda snap out of the meditation “because”…. Well… its hard to explain🤣

I've noticed that this white light only appears when I don't intend to meditate, i.e. when there's no intention at all. It's only when I'm relatively deep into meditation that it ever shows up and at first, I also used to be freaked out by it; and as far as I could explain, the reason you freak out is because it only arises whenever you deeply let go the feeling control / intentionality of the meditation - and of course, the only reason why "you" let go of intentionality / control is precisely because "you" don't let go!! You don't intentionally let go of it, which is the only reason why it can arise in the first place, you know what I mean? try to observe this next time. Maybe it's the same for you, I can only speak from my experience.

All you can do is go easy on yourself. The thing is, there's nothing you can or can not do about it. When you try not to freak out, it will disappear. When you freak out, it will also disappear. When you try to keep it, it will also disappear. So the best advice I can give is ease yourself into it, keep letting go. That's real letting go: letting go of letting go. 

it's extremely difficult... because it's impossible lol😂😂 but that's the thing, keep trying.

Edited by Indiguise

On 3/14/2022 at 1:15 PM, Sethv said:

Can anyone explain some “insights” that keep coming when meditating?

1. The most common is a sensation of “a second wind”, where I feel like I can breathe more and somehow the air is “fresher”…

What are the insights?

1)  Cool. Maybe you're being more mindful and you feel more relaxed. You're noticing the quality of air. NIce. 

2) I like U Tejaniya, a Burmese monk. He says study whatever appears. There's a lojong saying I love "Take whatever obstacles appear as a Path to the Dharma".  So if panic arises, study that. What is panic? Investigate. Panic tbh is helluva more interesting than watching a candle flame. You noticed your breath getting quicker. Interesting. Is there other body connections? Anything in the gut? Do you have any associated mental judgements like aversion? Or a good meditator wouldn't be having this? Note this judgement, critical of oneself. You feel as if you may snap out of this "meditative state" ahhh here we have both clinging and aversion. Panic can be a good teacher.  I wouldn't try to overdo this, but a five minute study should be fine. After five minutes, you might move your attention to the breath, or say a mantra that you like, like "Buddho" or Ajahn Brahm has "Relax. on the in breath. "To the Max" on the outbreath. It seems kinda silly rhyme, or funny, but it works for me. 

It's an option. 

I think one should look at the meditation cushion as a laboratory to explore. 

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” ― The Buddha

I haven't meditated for the last couple of days because just recently I feel like I tend to force it, to put effort, to conceptualize feeling, to wish the sensations were other than what they are, that they need to be someway, which isn't the way of meditation. Hopefully expression and being honest is a temporary substitute

Amazing I am new around here may I ask...  what type of meditation are you doing?

What is your intention before you begin your practice session?

Are you observing with unconditional acceptance (no resistance)?

Are you simply being?

Are you blanking  the mind (no mind)?

Are you reaching the absolute stillness no-thing/everything simultaneously ?

Are you floating?

Are you traveling?

Are you accessing the true Original cosmic internet (Ether original source of all that is)?

Are you journaling?