Letting go in the Techno Club

Just got home, it's 4 am. Had a wonderful night with my friend at an open air rave and in a techno club. A few years ago I would've felt really awkward dancing because I'd always think that I'm moving awkwardly. Nope. It's a great opportunity to let go, of everything, to watch God dance and play and to just completely merge with the flow of things, until you vanish and there's nothing left but the unity of the beat, the movement of the body and the recognition of God playing and dancing to techno. Awesome.

6 hours ago, bardh said:

Did you take any drugs? 

No. That's pretty clichee... 

What I wanted to share is this: music clubs (or raves for that matter) are excelent opportunities to let go. We are so inhibited in our bodies and in our behavior as to what movements are acceptable that we don't dare to dance. Funny thing, when we entered the club, there were almost no people. Inhibition goes way up. 

I hope you guys occasionally do things of this kind. It's rather cleansing for the soul, so to speak. I mean for god's sake, the universe is a party that went completely out of control. Brahman just vibing.

16 hours ago, Indisguise said:

No. That's pretty clichee... 

What I wanted to share is this: music clubs (or raves for that matter) are excelent opportunities to let go. We are so inhibited in our bodies and in our behavior as to what movements are acceptable that we don't dare to dance. Funny thing, when we entered the club, there were almost no people. Inhibition goes way up. 

I hope you guys occasionally do things of this kind. It's rather cleansing for the soul, so to speak. I mean for god's sake, the universe is a party that went completely out of control. Brahman just vibing.

I was on Berlin last week and had a similar experience. Is inhibition something like being self aware in Balkans we call it complex? 

You want to be moving towards what you want not moving away from what you don't want. We want to connect with intuition and inspiration and listen to our real time guidance rather than being inhibited. Inhibition is having a desire to let go, love, and also feeling at the same time that it's not safe to do so. It's resisting and conflicting yourself.

Youtube Channel  

4 hours ago, Indisguise said:

Of course not. You can learn to let go of inhibition, in other words; you can learn how to not give a shit.

Yes, thumbs up for the optimism. 

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

You want to be moving towards what you want not moving away from what you don't want. We want to connect with intuition and inspiration and listen to our real time guidance rather than being inhibited. Inhibition is having a desire to let go, love, and also feeling at the same time that it's not safe to do so. It's resisting and conflicting yourself.

I appreciate your comment but not sure how to respond.

@Indisguise@MandyToday i noticed that I create a I(self-aware), out of habit. I have a thought about wanting something then in seconds i start to create someone who is going to get that thing. I can go inside this creation and feels bigger or stay at the border or be outside. But it takes so much effort to maintain it and also it take some patience and remembering to get rid of it. Does this make sense for you? Its like a skill i presume? The worst part is that when I dont have to do shit it gets away and when i have to do something useful it comes.

@MandyTo your point, initially the wanting is aligned with the I that created it, after a while i get stuck into my own creation(self aware I) and many times i have actual physical pain(eye strains or feel disconnected) so definitely a conflict with myself. 

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

Inhibition is having a desire to let go, love, and also feeling at the same time that it's not safe to do so. It's resisting and conflicting yourself.

Yeah this is spot on. Do you sometimes feel inhibited in certain situations? how do you overcome it?

1 minute ago, bardh said:

Today i noticed that I create a I(self-aware), out of habit. I have a thought about wanting something then in seconds i start to create someone who is going to get that thing. I can go inside this creation and feels bigger or stay at the border or be outside.

Not sure what you mean by this?

@IndisguiseFor example i try to focus on something and by trying i create a separate self(that is pushed out of myself), this also happens if i am feeling pain or trying to resist pain. Does this make sense? I mean moment to moment. But I know that this separate  self is not the true one. The worst part, in order to let it vanish i add thoughts of how the non duality/direct experience or the direct sense of self is functioning, then i run this thoughts in the separate self which makes it even bigger.

4 hours ago, Indisguise said:

Yeah this is spot on. Do you sometimes feel inhibited in certain situations? how do you overcome it?

The other day I wanted to say something inappropriate to my husband who was in the other room, but I felt like I shouldn't and a second later I heard him talking to a receptionist on the phone and realized he had just called the doctors office and I was glad I waited. 😂 Sometimes we know when to pause and that's not inhibition, and other times we repress what we want to express. Usually this is because we beat ourselves up after the fact, and then when we practice post beating ourselves up social situations become scary to us because we are afraid of our own judgement. So seeing that it's us who are doing it, and that we don't have to do it, and letting it go naturally frees you up. Also simply listening to that call and going for it... nothing feels like that. Once you go with that flow, take the plunge, etc, wild horses couldn't drag you away. Not dancing when you wanna dance is far more painful than dancing and making a dumb move here or there (it's perfect), not expressing the outrageous confession of love is more painful than saying it, and the pain, when it's done is seen to be not what we thought. All we are is a dancing outrageous expression of love anyway, like the bouncing electrons core of our being that makes up this whole charade. Even when we are doing our taxes. 

Youtube Channel  

I used to love going to techno clubs and really relate to what you said. I loved being on the dancefloor, then looking around and seeing everyone else just losing those inhibitions as well.  There was such a feeling of unity and oneness that it was almost overwhelming.