The emotional scale might actually work...

howisitsoactivehere

I was listening to part 2 and part 3 of Phil's how you create your reality videos and being aware of my thoughts and how they made me feel and I tell you what, it correlated basically every time.

I'm shocked, it can't be this simple surely. So that statement was doubt and it made me feel slightly bad. It's like you can go meta on every thought sensation and be like "where is that on the scale?" then express it and let it go, then focus on feeling and breathing and contentedness. Am I doing it right?

@DMT Elf I'm actually dealing with the scenario you brought up lol. 

I'd say the using of drugs actually comes from discordant thoughts related to trauma, childhood, etc. 

It actually feels good to live cleaner and strive towards that. I've been in a habit of hurting myself with discord, then using substances to experience relief from that discord, its...addicting 😶.

Consider this, I got discordant thinking and drugs definitely feel better, but living cleaner feels way better than feeling better using drugs. 

Just because drugs do feel better than the discord I'm feeling does not mean that there isn't an alternative that's even better. 

The ego is a twisted/perverted masochist, it hurts itself, then uses petty sensual experiences to feel better.... this causes so much confusion in the world, so much that I myself can't convey the deception going on you just have to see it. 

Drugs don't actually feel good when it is done from a place of discordant thinking because while it can relieve you for a bit, eventually you will come down and the discordant thoughts will be felt once again.

♾️

13 hours ago, howisitsoactivehere said:

Am I doing it right?

Great to hear! I’d love to say yes… but it’s expression. You can’t get it wrong. It’s the how you’re feelin, the clarity & the creating that matters. 

12 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

The problem I see potentially arising from this is that one might use it to delude themself.

Like, if our only reference for judging the truthfulness of a thought is how it feels, then you could act in all sorts of unhealthy and destructive ways simply because it feels good.

And then you could suppress your conscience by saying to yourself, "well, I don't like the way that feels".

Thoughts arise; problem & solution, one and themself, judging truthfulness (right or wrong, good or bad, true or false), unhealthy & healthy, you and your conscience, you saying to yourself, I and feeling.

Which thought is true?

Truth is appearing as “thoughts”. 

The emotional scale is a step away from the duality(s) implied by thought, and the illusion of efforts to find truth in duality, or to ‘hold’ thought(s) to be ‘true’ or ‘not true’… and is instead a step toward feeling. Like wifi being a phone, forgetting it’s actually wifi, and believing ones and zeros to the tune that there is the belief in a “phone” and a phone’s wifi. 

Similarly, for one to delude themself, there must be a one and a themself - that there is a one & a themself is the delusion. There is wifi and the computations, some of which seem to be “of oneself”. Or, thought attachment… believing (self referential) thoughts about oneself, while oneself is awareness of & being the “thoughts”. One appearing as if “two”. Consider, without thought(s)… could delusion exist / be experienced and or referenced? 

Delusion: A false fixed belief that is not amenable to change in light of conflicting evidence. 

The ‘conflicting evidence’ in this regard is the (felt) discord. To remain deluded, so to speak, would require a rather complete denial of emotion, of the discord & alignment therein. This isn’t meant as “A Truth”, but as just yet another expression, of “some thoughts”, which are really, wifi. 

It could also be said, as direct experience dictates ‘thought(s)’ appears & disappears, the very appearing & disappearing, which is inexplicable magic, is the very ‘conflicting evidence’, in stark contrast to there being, a one & a themself. 

Admittedly a potentially extreme statement, and certainly not meant in any personal way… what if “I don’t like”… is already delusion?  What if the “that” of “I don’t like the way that feels”… is none other than, the “I”?  The implication would be, if there is a Truth, it’s magical & unconditional. Would that be too crazy or too sane? (And now we’re back at thoughts, so to speak). 

What if the better alternative ‘the ego see’s’, is that an ego seeing is a thought? What is Freud was attached to thoughts? What if ‘Freud’ is only he thought, ‘Freud’. I don’t know… too crazy maybe. 

Also… something I’ve noticed with the scale… often the most powerful aspect of using the scale… is what’s not on the scale.

8 hours ago, Phil said:

Great to hear! I’d love to say yes… but it’s expression. You can’t get it wrong. It’s the how you’re feelin, the clarity & the creating that matters. 

Thoughts arise; problem & solution, one and themself, judging truthfulness (right or wrong, good or bad, true or false), unhealthy & healthy, you and your conscience, you saying to yourself, I and feeling.

Which thought is true?

Truth is appearing as “thoughts”. 

The emotional scale is a step away from the duality(s) implied by thought, and the illusion of efforts to find truth in duality, or to ‘hold’ thought(s) to be ‘true’ or ‘not true’… and is instead a step toward feeling. Like wifi being a phone, forgetting it’s actually wifi, and believing ones and zeros to the tune that there is the belief in a “phone” and a phone’s wifi. 

Similarly, for one to delude themself, there must be a one and a themself - that there is a one & a themself is the delusion. There is wifi and the computations, some of which seem to be “of oneself”. Or, thought attachment… believing (self referential) thoughts about oneself, while oneself is awareness of & being the “thoughts”. One appearing as if “two”. Consider, without thought(s)… could delusion exist / be experienced and or referenced? 

Delusion: A false fixed belief that is not amenable to change in light of conflicting evidence. 

The ‘conflicting evidence’ in this regard is the (felt) discord. To remain deluded, so to speak, would require a rather complete denial of emotion, of the discord & alignment therein. This isn’t meant as “A Truth”, but as just yet another expression, of “some thoughts”, which are really, wifi. 

It could also be said, as direct experience dictates ‘thought(s)’ appears & disappears, the very appearing & disappearing, which is inexplicable magic, is the very ‘conflicting evidence’, in stark contrast to there being, a one & a themself. 

Admittedly a potentially extreme statement, and certainly not meant in any personal way… what if “I don’t like”… is already delusion?  What if the “that” of “I don’t like the way that feels”… is none other than, the “I”?  The implication would be, if there is a Truth, it’s magical & unconditional. Would that be too crazy or too sane? (And now we’re back at thoughts, so to speak). 

What if the better alternative ‘the ego see’s’, is that an ego seeing is a thought? What is Freud was attached to thoughts? What if ‘Freud’ is only he thought, ‘Freud’. I don’t know… too crazy maybe. 

Also… something I’ve noticed with the scale… often the most powerful aspect of using the scale… is what’s not on the scale.

@howisitsoactivehere
how i see it in nutshell - we can always experience ONLY God. We can't experience anything else than infinite love.  Suffering/discord/separation is because it's necessary for us, to know, what flavor we don't like, just to give us context.  BUT It doesn't go in line with who we are in essence - because we are love, ones, and bliss.  So it's just simply an act of choosing who we really are, and what we want to feel. It's that simple, almost too simple to believe, 🙂 yeah that's the right word - believe in love/god/yourself.  🙂 

Edited by Forza21