Is there a significant difference between worry and anxiety?

Serenity

Anxiety is often used to describe a condition believed to be affecting a person, but what's actually in the moment the emotions of fear, insecurity, impatience or worry. It could be confused with any of those emotions or more. 

Youtube Channel  

@Serenity

Worry is a felt emotion which is guidance & informing in regard to a thought, belief or interpretation presently focused upon.

As the guidance of worry is overlooked, unacknowledged or suppressed via concepts… a self-conceptualization of guidance arises; “anxiety”. 

Self, appearing as thoughts, can certainly experience its own inherent guidance of worry, and can align thought with feeling therein. 

Self can experience the concept of anxiety, and a momentum of resistance to itself / to it’s own inherent guidance (of worry, as one example). 

Anxiety might be best defined as ‘not actually feeling, what One is in fact actually feeling’. 

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Serenity

Worry is a felt emotion which is guidance & informing in regard to a thought, belief or interpretation presently focused upon.

As the guidance of worry is overlooked, unacknowledged or suppressed via concepts… a self-conceptualization of guidance arises; “anxiety”. 

Self, appearing as thoughts, can certainly experience its own inherent guidance of worry, and can align thought with feeling therein. 

Self can experience the concept of anxiety, and a momentum of resistance to itself / to it’s own inherent guidance (of worry, as one example). 

🤍

Thanks.

The explanations are very clear.

Just a question, isn't worry by default also felt as containing some sort of unworthiness in it?  And is it mostly the idea of a so called "external event" happening to the self-concept or could it be also a self-concept worrying about its ability to bear challenges?

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

17 minutes ago, Serenity said:

And is it mostly the idea of a so called "external event" happening to the self-concept or could it be also a self-concept worrying about its ability to bear challenges?

Sort of the same thing isnt it? Worrying about your "ability" in some situation is an external event happening to the self. Both concepts/thoughts

6 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Sort of the same thing isnt it? Worrying about your "ability" in some situation is an external event happening to the self. Both concepts/thoughts

I am wondering whether the distinction wouldn't be worrying about something you don't have much influence on happening (ex: worrying about global warming) vs worrying about not being up to the task (like being worried not to be able to do something specific, like paying off a mortgage).

But yes, in both case, these are both concepts/thoughts ...

It's not uncommon to hear stuff like "I am worried I am not going to be able to pay my bills". But I am wondering if this isn't more already 'doubt' than worry.

57 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Just a question, isn't worry by default also felt as containing some sort of unworthiness in it? 

Not by default. It depends on the interpretation. Either, one or the other, or neither could be felt.

And is it mostly the idea of a so called "external event" happening to the self-concept

Yes, a subject-object thought. (Or an object-subject thought in this case). 

or could it be also a self-concept worrying about its ability to bear challenges?

Worrying is a self concept. Someone worrying. 

@Serenity By the intensity of how they feel. Fear is when those thoughts have a lot of momentum, impatience, just a little, worry is in the middle. There's no need to know exactly what emotion it is, just watch the thoughts and notice if the next thought feels better or worse, and go in the direction of what feels better. Are you moving upstream or downstream, are you pointed to what you want or speaking against it? If doubt feels a little better, express doubt. Or write out your thoughts, and observe those shifts and the assumptions and beliefs about the situation.

Youtube Channel  

Worry is something that you experience when you have something in your mind. I have anxiety disorder. Anxiety is something that you experience in the moment. Both are interchangeably feeding each other. Too much anxiety about a situation can induce worry. Too much worrying long term can actually induce an anxiety disorder. Most people worry and don't experience anxiety. Whereas people with anxiety disorder constantly experience worrying about varying situations they're already anxious about. Everyone experiences some worrying at some point in their lives as it is an essential human emotion or one of the emotions on the human emotional spectrum. Worrying does not have a solution as it is not a symptomatic disorder so the only option is to let go. Worrying happens because of attachment and insecurity regarding something. Anxiety is treatable to a certain degree with meds and therapy etc. Although anxiety doesn't go away easily it can be controlled.Hope that have some clarity 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

@Phil worry could be generated due to something related that happened in the past. The brain stores it as a memory of a negative experience. Yet worry is about some insecurity of the future. It's not necessary that such a negative outcome might be experienced in the future hence worrying about something in the future is pointless unless it's a situation that is getting worse and worrying might help to take action to resolve such a situation for example going to a doctor for a worsening skin condition might be the outcome of constantly worrying about it. In most cases however worrying is just paranoia or develops into preoccupied thinking and over analysis leading to bad decisions and outcomes. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

On 7/13/2024 at 6:23 PM, Phil said:

Not by default. It depends on the interpretation. Either, one or the other, or neither could be felt.

Yes, a subject-object thought. (Or an object-subject thought in this case). 

Worrying is a self concept. Someone worrying. 

Thank you a lot. 

You are the best @Phil

On 7/13/2024 at 6:23 PM, Mandy said:

@Serenity By the intensity of how they feel. Fear is when those thoughts have a lot of momentum, impatience, just a little, worry is in the middle. There's no need to know exactly what emotion it is, just watch the thoughts and notice if the next thought feels better or worse, and go in the direction of what feels better. Are you moving upstream or downstream, are you pointed to what you want or speaking against it? If doubt feels a little better, express doubt. Or write out your thoughts, and observe those shifts and the assumptions and beliefs about the situation.

Yeah. I think in my case it was a mix of several of them. I'm going back to emptying as far as unworthiness for safety. Thank you for your advices. 🤗🤗😊

11 hours ago, Reena said:

Worry is something that you experience when you have something in your mind. I have anxiety disorder. Anxiety is something that you experience in the moment. Both are interchangeably feeding each other. Too much anxiety about a situation can induce worry. Too much worrying long term can actually induce an anxiety disorder. Most people worry and don't experience anxiety. Whereas people with anxiety disorder constantly experience worrying about varying situations they're already anxious about. Everyone experiences some worrying at some point in their lives as it is an essential human emotion or one of the emotions on the human emotional spectrum. Worrying does not have a solution as it is not a symptomatic disorder so the only option is to let go. Worrying happens because of attachment and insecurity regarding something. Anxiety is treatable to a certain degree with meds and therapy etc. Although anxiety doesn't go away easily it can be controlled.Hope that have some clarity 

Some interesting points.

I think that worrying is indeed compounded a lot by someone's insecurity/unworthiness per exemple.

Thank your for your answer!