1 hour ago, Orb said:

Exactly dude. 

You can't just walk into another country in droves, disrupt the present society, and take jobs from the people that already have been living there. 

It's a recipe for chaos. BUT mainstream media has geniusly tied up any mention of this with being racist, hateful, etc. 

Then the impressionable youth (tends to be naive, altruistic) eat it up. 

Facts. I appreciate I’m not the only one saying this stuff here.

52 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Maybe...

That there really is a world full of humans seems to be required for Trump to make sense.

That there really is a world full of humans doesn't seem to be required for Harris to make sense.

🤔

Bro what?

Edited by Kevin
Edit to be less abrasive

4 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Supporting Trump requires that there is really a world full of humans. Like a border and immigrates and media bias and a past where US used to be great etc etc. Without actual objective reality with humans, supporting Trump wouldn't make any sense.

It might not be so much so for Harris.

Without a world full of humans what’s a house and private property? If I walked into your house and took up residence the non dual platitudes you just wrote would fly right out the window

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Facts. I appreciate I’m not the only one saying this stuff here.

It's only because it's the USA that people are being this dense on this matter. If any other country is strict on immigration (which I'm sure they are) no one bats an eye. But because everyone loves hating on the USA it's horrible and hateful etc.

This kind of shit happens in waves, just watch, I bet 80 percent of liberals over time will gradually shift to a more balanced perspective, as is the case for the average American. 

Most people I've spoken with are actually pretty open minded and I never see people that are 100 percent left or right. 

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

This article breaks down the myth that democrats want open borders.  

https://connolly.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=4691

I gave it a read, I can see how trumps sanctions worsened the situation in those other countries and eventually led to people wanting to leave those countries. 

But at the same time that cannot be the sole reason why people are leaving those countries, those countries are still in a pretty rough spot regardless of the sanctions, sure the sanctions may have made things worse, but its not like things were okay beforehand.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

14 minutes ago, Orb said:

I gave it a read, I can see how trumps sanctions worsened the situation in those other countries and eventually led to people wanting to leave those countries. 

But at the same time that cannot be the sole reason why people are leaving those countries, those countries are still in a pretty rough spot regardless of the sanctions, sure the sanctions may have made things worse, but its not like things were okay beforehand.

The point is we absolutely do not have, have never had, and never have advocated for an open border, neither party.  Here's another one

https://www.wechoosewelcome.com/is_the_border_open?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw28W2BhC7ARIsAPerrcJWlztaLnSit8jH_Y3gXGiiwZfYabsGA22AosW0B0Tyd9lTBXECQ6QaAhZLEALw_wcB

Edited by Jonas Long

41 minutes ago, Orb said:

It's only because it's the USA that people are being this dense on this matter. If any other country is strict on immigration (which I'm sure they are) no one bats an eye. But because everyone loves hating on the USA it's horrible and hateful etc.

This kind of shit happens in waves, just watch, I bet 80 percent of liberals over time will gradually shift to a more balanced perspective, as is the case for the average American. 

Most people I've spoken with are actually pretty open minded and I never see people that are 100 percent left or right. 

Facts also people here are pretty reasonable over all. I went and looked at the society and politics section of the actualized forum a few weeks ago and that place is crazy lol.

13 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

The point is we absolutely do not have, have never had, and never have advocated for an open border, neither party.  Here's another one

https://www.wechoosewelcome.com/is_the_border_open?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw28W2BhC7ARIsAPerrcJWlztaLnSit8jH_Y3gXGiiwZfYabsGA22AosW0B0Tyd9lTBXECQ6QaAhZLEALw_wcB

I don’t know what democrats want. There is millions of them. I’m sure some want open borders I’m sure many don’t. However it is undeniable that under the Biden admin we’ve pretty much had an open border disaster. Either the administration wants that or they are grossly incompetent. Neither one is good.

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I don’t know what democrats want. There is millions of them. I’m sure some want open borders I’m sure many don’t. However it is undeniable that under the Biden admin we’ve pretty much had an open border disaster. Either the administration wants that or they are grossly incompetent. Neither one is good.

Dude read the article, you are factually dead wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Dude read the article, you are factually dead wrong. 

Nvm I read the wechooseopen one. That article basically says what we all know already. Illegal immigration is illegal.

However this administration shit the bed so we have this.

https://budget.house.gov/imo/media/doc/ogr_icymi.pdf

Have you seen don’t look up? It’s a good movie and it’s a good metaphor for what you’re going through.

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Nvm I read the wechooseopen one. That article basically says what we all know already. Illegal immigration is illegal.

However this administration shit the bed so we have this.

https://budget.house.gov/imo/media/doc/ogr_icymi.pdf

Have you seen don’t look up? It’s a good movie and it’s a good metaphor for what you’re going through.

Yes it's illegal, in that currently there are restrictions ie not an open border..  If you want a stricter border under Biden blame trump, 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/ej-montini/2024/08/22/trump-border-bill-arizona-visit/74898253007/

43 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

wdym we ???

@Kevin Just cut through all the BS you're writing and say that u want Trump because he will give your country everything to finish the war fast and your satisfaction will finally be completely fulfilled.

That’s only 5% of the reason I like Trump.

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

Bro what?

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

If I walked into your house and took up residence the non dual platitudes you just wrote would fly right out the window

That would be a world full of humans.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

10 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

Fear and ignorance.  Without the proliferation of these there would be no Donald Trump in American politics, ever.

Fear and ignorance = a real world full of humans.

Same for Hitler, Putin, Kim Jong Un etc.

The support rests entirely on the basis that there is actually an objective world with "those people" and "those things" who are a threat to "us". This is why it's often made up from thin air, as conspiracy theories etc.

It's fascism.

It's fascinating how in order to support Trump, there must first be a twisting of facts. It's not about opinions and preferences, it's about what's believed to be the facts. It's not so much about left vs. right, it's more asleep vs. awake. Some call it "post-truth politics" I think.

Fascism is fascinating!

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.