Why surrendering is so difficult for you? Worldly Achievement, attachment, expectations and satisfactions. Whatever you attach start to let go of them. Then be completely free.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

It starts off as a fundamental sense of resistance, then an identity is created as a distraction from the fundamental resistance. 

Then this identity adopts beliefs and ways of perceiving "the world". 

Suffering is like an onion, it's layers of aversion from Feeling into thought. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

3 hours ago, James123 said:

Why surrendering is so difficult for you? Worldly Achievement, attachment, expectations and satisfactions. Whatever you attach start to let go of them. Then be completely free.

You don’t have to let go or surrender anything. Just meet yourself where you are.

If tears,despair,depression or heartbreak comes to visit…LET THEM

If joy, estacy, happiness, laughter comes to visit…LET THEM

Its all you. 
 Let life break you, or make you, and just feel how that feels. It’s not like you can free yourself of yourself… you can’t do that.

8 minutes ago, James123 said:

Love is the answer of all problems / attachments. At least for me.

What about attachment to your love interest- your lover.

Would you let go of him/her?

5 minutes ago, Jane said:

Its all you. 
 Let life break you, or make you, and just feel how that feels. It’s not like you can free yourself of yourself… you can’t do that.

When there is no expectations you can completely be free. 

5 minutes ago, Jane said:

What about attachment to your love interest- your lover.

Would you let go of him/her?

Love is not the love you mentioned. Love is the thing that when there is nothing, literally "nothing", there is only love. 

It usually doesn't occur that we must appreciate the thing we no longer want and then focus on the thing we do want in order to truly let go.  The old is never excluded, killed, cut off, you could say that it only is liberated to become the new. "Throw thy bread upon the water."

Youtube Channel  

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

When there is no expectations you can completely be free. 

Feelings/Emotions arise unexpectedly. 
You can’t control how or what you feel in the moment which is always free to be.

2 minutes ago, Jane said:

Feelings/Emotions arise unexpectedly. 
You can’t control how or what you feel in the moment which is always free to be.

When there is no expectations there will be no more "you". Your true self is freedom itself.

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

It usually doesn't occur that we must appreciate the thing we no longer want and then focus on the thing we do want in order to truly let go.  The old is never excluded, killed, cut off, you could say that it only is liberated to become the new. "Throw they bread upon the water."

What about if you come to point that wanting never occurs?

7 minutes ago, James123 said:

Love is not the love you mentioned. Love is the thing that when there is nothing, literally "nothing", there is only love. 

But then if there’s only the love that is nothing … then it’s just love letting go of love. Can love let go of love?

2 minutes ago, Jane said:

But then if there’s only the love that is nothing … then it’s just love letting go of love. Can love let go of love?

Love is the inevitable outcome of being nothing. 

4 minutes ago, James123 said:

İt is inevitable. Wanting=Suffering. 

Depending on how you define want. Wanting what you don't believe you have or can have is suffering, assigning future happiness to want is suffering, but pure wanting is the same as creating or appreciating feels pretty damn good. 

Youtube Channel