Everyday Zen Whip

Blessed2

I've been doing this for a couple of days and it's been quite fun:

Any time you notice that you're focusing on nonsensical thoughts (it'll make itself known by how it feels, basically everything under contentment or boredom on the scale), whip your own ass by reminding yourself by repeating a few times with your inner voice: "these are insane thoughts".

Then bring in mind a symbol (a picture and/or a word) that represents sane thoughts / sanity to you. For me it's a picture/vibe of Jesus, and the word "forgiveness".

Then for a moment focus on that symbol. I repeat the word "forgiveness" for a little while, and think of Jesus.

Then go about your day.

There must be an effortless way.

And what about those who don't believe in Jesus.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl said:

Ya'll are fuucked

😂

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

3 hours ago, Reena said:

And what about those who don't believe in Jesus.

On a more 'serious' note, like I said in the op, Jesus and the word "forgiveness" is simply what feels right for me atm. It's just about how it feels.

It could also be a mantra like OM or RAM or whatever. And/or Buddha, or a hindu deity.

Or even song lyrics or a quote that reminds you of sane thinking.

Or even just focusing on God, whatever that means to you.

Or even just bringing attention to perception and sensation.

There must be an effortless way.