Doubt

Serenity

Hello,

I am currently working a lot with the emotional scale and I find doubt to be a hard one for me. It seems like there is a lot to do with faith and the ability to trust the process. Unfortunately, I am not very good at trusting. 

I was wondering if expressing doubt is enough and if I shouldn't expect for it to resolve and fall into place until later on in the scale?

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

The guidance of emotion is inherent, intrinsic, immutable & infallible.

Faith, ability & trust are aversion. 

You are not in a world, you are being a world in such a way that you make it seem to yourself you are in the world you are being. 

Doubt is fundementally how a thought to the contrary feels. 

Disappointment is therein the natural self-inherent resolution of doubt, because doubt is how the thought feels - to you. 

Being does not know the thoughts (for which guidance is felt) are true. 

The thought that Being is not good at trusting, is the thought that Being is not good at believing other than, Being; inherent, intrinsic, immutable & infallible guidance. 

7 hours ago, Phil said:

You are not in a world, you are being a world in such a way that you make it seem to yourself you are in the world you are being. 

Does "being" the world a different way than what you do right now make you experience it exactly that way? Sounds like i have the power over all persons. Of course there is no me and no persons. But without framing it like that, how do does wanted change happen?

56 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Does "being" the world a different way than what you do right now make you experience it exactly that way?

Doing isn’t quite the same as being, and being the world-sphere isn’t quite the same as being a world. A world could be earth, mars or a planet in another galaxy, and there could be a comparison of those worlds in that sense.

Earth, mars & galaxies are in actually not objects, but one world-sphere. As I’m being the spheres & there are no other worlds therein, there is no experience and no experience of worlds which could be compared for there to be an answer.

The world-sphere appears precisely as ‘it’ does, without exception, because I am precisely as I am. The world-sphere must appear as the opposite(s) of me for it to initially seem like an experience, or not me. As I’m nondual or one, step one is appearing as two. In consideration of that the spheres are apparent, spherical is simply most efficient. 

Sounds like i have the power over all persons. Of course there is no me and no persons.

You are The Power that is being all persons. There is no power but the power that is you. 

The situation is kind of like seemingly sitting in a self-driving Tesla and potentially turning the wheel believing it’s helpful to getting where you want to get to. 

But without framing it like that, how do does wanted change happen?

‘Getting out of one’s own way’. Alignment. Preferences arise and aligned with the source of preferences, preferential change manifests. Put another way, As outlooks, interpretations, worldviews (thoughts in general) are aligned with the desire / what’s wanted / preference, what’s wanted is unfolding. 

On doubt… a thought might arise like “I can’t do it”, or “I’m not x, y or z enough”, or “I’m lacking this or that”… and the thought is doubting of Self.

Which is funny, because look around. That which is being This, is what’s being doubted. Doubt feels as it does because you’re being This. It’s exactly the same for “oh this will never happen”, “it’s a matter of luck, odds, randomness”, “people never change”, etc. 

Aside, this comes up in trips sometimes. A trip is essentially dispelling the void, “getting closer to source”… feeling the discord of conditions with unconditional more / such thoughts feel more intense, apparently even to the point of hallucinations… and then contextualizing “I had a bad trip”. 

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

The situation is kind of like seemingly sitting in a self-driving Tesla and potentially turning the wheel believing it’s helpful to getting where you want to get to. 

Because you are already going where you want to. Sounds like i am more accurately watching a movie than being the author though. Like its mentioned in the Ox pictures. You realize you are not in the driver seat but more a passenger. Why is all this dreamboarding and stuff even necessary though? Of course its not necessary, but ain't you just turning the wheel in the Tesla.

23 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Because you are already going where you want to. Sounds like i am more accurately watching a movie than being the author though. Like it’s mentioned in the Ox pictures. You realize you are not in the driver seat but more a passenger. Why is all this dreamboarding and stuff even necessary though? Of course it’s not necessary, but ain't you just turning the wheel in the Tesla.

Attracting isn’t getting (somewhere). 

10 hours ago, Mandy said:

Express disappointment. 

Thank you a lot for replying me, Mandy.

I have started expressing disappointment but some questions remains.  I am curious about all of that works and couldn't get how doubt and disappointment were connected.

9 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Thank you a lot for replying me, Mandy.

I have started expressing disappointment but some questions remains.  I am curious about all of that works and couldn't get how doubt and disappointment were connected.

It's just the next emotion up on the emotional scale.

Doubt is trying to figure out, which of an either or option is right and the weight of needing to know the right choice so we can get it right, disappointment is accepting lack of control over situations, that's the relief in it.  

Youtube Channel  

10 hours ago, Phil said:

The guidance of emotion is inherent, intrinsic, immutable & infallible.

Faith, ability & trust are aversion. 

Thank you a lot for your reply, Phil.

So, I wasn't sure if I interpreted correctly your words so I asked Chat GPT for its opinion:

The statement suggests that our emotions naturally guide us and that this guidance is always correct and unchanging. It implies that emotions are a reliable compass for decision-making.

On the other hand, it contrasts this with the concepts of faith, ability, and trust, suggesting that relying on these might lead to aversion, possibly implying that placing faith in something external, relying solely on one's abilities, or trusting others could be less reliable or less certain compared to relying on one's emotions.

Is this what was meant? That faith, ability and trust comes as certain emotions wanes? I am particularly confused by the word aversion, here.

10 hours ago, Phil said:

Gotcha here. But when I express on the scale, quite often I express what seems to be very dual and very much biting into the separation narrative feelings . So I am far off from even thinking about I being all there is. It's more like petty little things like "bouhou, i'm not sure if I can pull this because I don't feel very good with this deep within me". And I thought the scale was also usable for very much ego and story identified perspectives 🤔.

Would it be good if I were trying to go beyond the ego self each time? Like expressing anger in an egoic manner and then try to expend it to something more unitarian? Because I use the scale in a very cathartic way and I write a lot of deeply unconscious stuff in my journal where oneness is not even close to be looked for.

10 hours ago, Phil said:

Disappointment is therein the natural self-inherent resolution of doubt, because doubt is how the thought feels - to you. 

Being does not know the thoughts (for which guidance is felt) are true. 

The thought that Being is not good at trusting, is the thought that Being is not good at believing other than, Being; inherent, intrinsic, immutable & infallible guidance. 

🧐

I didn't get it. 😬

14 minutes ago, Mandy said:

It's just the next emotion up on the emotional scale.

Doubt is trying to figure out, which of an either or option is right and the weight of needing to know the right choice so we can get it right, disappointment is accepting lack of control over situations, that's the relief in it.  

Hm.

Okay! Thank you. I got something out of that.

So, does it mean that if something feels right to you, you've got to do it regardless of risking disappointment? What about stuff from the past? Like, 'i was doubting this and i did that and then I got it bad even if I trusted it was right and got hurt and its disappointing because now I'm scared' or something like that would be fine?

16 minutes ago, Serenity said:

So, does it mean that if something feels right to you, you've got to do it regardless of risking disappointment? 

You don't have to but you want to, and you can allow that, you are unconditional. I doubt (haha😂) Martin Luther King regrets what he said, or Jesus, or so many others. ❤️

16 minutes ago, Serenity said:

What about stuff from the past? Like, 'i was doubting this and i did that and then I got it bad even if I trusted it was right and got hurt and its disappointing because now I'm scared' or something like that would be fine?

There aren't ever really any resolutions, there's no point where we can really decide whether something turned out well or not because because it just keeps going on. A twist in a novel might be that some thought to be mistake actually turns out to be some crucial salvation, or who knows.  All contrast is serving for the Author/Reader. Characters and stories have conclusions but you do not. No matter what you decide you are loved, you are blessed. The funny thing is seeing it that way brings clarity, while making a decision feel like life or death blocks clarity. 

Disappointment is finite, there are so many relationships and decisions I thought would be great, that turned out spectacularly bad at some point. Really as infinite beings, I can't call the shots today, I can't tell you how any of it actually turned out, because there's no point it turns out, that it stops and I can make a judgement. Letting yourself feel the disappointment lets that person/circumstance/thing off the hook of having the job of fulfilling you. Nothing can, because you already are.  ❤️

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy

Thank you again Mandy for your reply.

I'll sleep on all of that.

Though I hope I won't have nightmares about how surrendering my doubts will lead me to the same fate as MLK or Jesus. I always thought God made them dirty.

lol 

@Serenity

Expression of emotions experienced is not ‘about myself’.

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/the-emotional-scale

On 4/2/2024 at 6:58 PM, Serenity said:

Hello,

I am currently working a lot with the emotional scale and I find doubt to be a hard one for me.

The focus is on for me.

Acknowleding doubt isn’t hard. It’s already felt. What is already felt can’t be hard as it’s not a doing to be done. It’s already the case.  

On 4/2/2024 at 6:58 PM, Serenity said:

It seems like there is a lot to do with faith and the ability to trust the process. Unfortunately, I am not very good at trusting. 

I was wondering if expressing doubt is enough and if I shouldn't expect for it to resolve and fall into place until later on in the scale?

What happened to acknowledging emotions?

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Serenity

Expression of emotions experienced is not ‘about myself’.

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/the-emotional-scale

I think what is meant is that they come from a sense of being a separate self. And that feeling can be expressed through various narratives and perspectives, and some  seems to be a better closure than others?

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

The focus is on for me.

Acknowleding doubt isn’t hard. It’s already felt. What is already felt can’t be hard as it’s not a doing to be done. It’s already the case.  

So you mean I just need to uncover the doubt that is already there, and no further resolution is needed? I feel the doubt and after I uncover doubt I don't need to look at how to manage and deal with doubt, I just get into uncovering deception?

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

What happened to acknowledging emotions?

Well, I am doing that.

But I got confused whether there was more to do with them, or if it was at the end of the day mostly an uncovering process that is mostly just about being.

20 minutes ago, Serenity said:

I think what is meant is that they come from a sense of being a separate self.

What’s a sense of being a separate self? 

How does emotion come from a sense of being a separate self? 

And that feeling can be expressed through various narratives and perspectives, and some  seems to be a better closure than others?

How is a sense of being a separate self a feeling? 

So you mean I just need to uncover the doubt that is already there, and no further resolution is needed?

How is doubt covered?

I feel the doubt and after I uncover doubt I don't need to look at how to manage and deal with doubt, I just get into uncovering deception?

What deception?

Well, I am doing that.

Is that about emotion or about myself? 

But I got confused whether there was more to do with them, or if it was at the end of the day mostly an uncovering process that is mostly just about being.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

What’s a sense of being a separate self? 

How does emotion come from a sense of being a separate self? 

A vortex of self-referential thoughts creating a fictional self through diverse identifications.

Well, isn't powerlessness and fear typically due to an illusion of being separate from the whole of beingness?

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

How is a sense of being a separate self a feeling? 

It's more that some emotions are triggered by believing one is separate.

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

How is doubt covered?

By the repression mechanisms. It's a frequency that doesn't feel very nice so trying to ignore it and distract oneself like it doesn't exist is not uncommon.

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

What deception?

I mean disappointment.

Déception is the french word for disappointment, funny enough!

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Don't get it & dont'get it either.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

@Serenity

Of everything just said, what specifically is of perception & sensation?

Emotions are a question of perception & sensation. Though everything occurs within awareness.