Doubt

Serenity

14 hours ago, Serenity said:

@Mandy

Thank you again Mandy for your reply.

I'll sleep on all of that.

Though I hope I won't have nightmares about how surrendering my doubts will lead me to the same fate as MLK or Jesus. I always thought God made them dirty.

lol 

😂 Extreme examples might not be the best, but hopefully they illustrate the futility of needing it to turn out well. We just don't have that control. It's a lot like this parable. https://jaymavs.medium.com/maybe-so-maybe-not-well-see-c35f53da68e1 

We can't doubt our decisions because they never turn out, there's never any conclusion, even at  apparent transitions of apparent people, that's not the end.

Youtube Channel  

31 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Emotions are a question of perception & sensation.

How so? 

Emotions are seeing, hearing, etc?

Emotion requires a body (sensation)?

31 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Though everything occurs within awareness. 

Then what appears as the thought (everything)?

On 4/4/2024 at 5:37 PM, Phil said:

How so? 

Emotions are seeing, hearing, etc?

Emotion requires a body (sensation)?

Hmm. 

Seeing, hearing, touching, smelling and tasting are the senses. 

Emotions aren't senses.

But emotions are manifesting as sensations in the body. So they seem to do require a body.

On 4/4/2024 at 5:37 PM, Phil said:

Then what appears as the thought (everything)?

Thoughts are ironically also made of awareness.

There is only one thing that exist. Awareness. 

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

On 4/4/2024 at 5:30 PM, Mandy said:

😂 Extreme examples might not be the best, but hopefully they illustrate the futility of needing it to turn out well. We just don't have that control. It's a lot like this parable. https://jaymavs.medium.com/maybe-so-maybe-not-well-see-c35f53da68e1 

We can't doubt our decisions because they never turn out, there's never any conclusion, even at  apparent transitions of apparent people, that's not the end.

🙌

🤍

I love that parable. But somewhat, when I get caught in such fear and aversion for a frequency, I throw all the wisdom gathered through the window.

Thank you a lot for sharing that story with me again. I heard it from Tolle and think of it sometimes, but never thought of applying it to soften the blow of seemingly doubtful choices.

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

Hmm. 

Seeing, hearing, touching, smelling and tasting are the senses. 

Emotions aren't senses.

But emotions are manifesting as sensations in the body. So they seem to do require a body.

Maybe, maybe not. If there are sensations, there must be some kind of division, separation, borders, edges, etc found (directly) in sensation.  

Another way to look at it is questioning  if thought is really primarily, first, or, to be listened to or trusted when it comes to sensation.

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

Thoughts are ironically also made of awareness.

There is only one thing that exist. Awareness. 

Is body a thought or a thing?

On 4/6/2024 at 4:40 AM, Phil said:

Maybe, maybe not. If there are sensations, there must be some kind of division, separation, borders, edges, etc found (directly) in sensation.  

Another way to look at it is questioning  if thought is really primarily, first, or, to be listened to or trusted when it comes to sensation.

I am not sure If I get you there.

I would say that sensations comes and go, even though all division is relative as I have always been sensing.

Regarding thoughts, it seems that emotions and sensations are always coloring thoughts.

On 4/6/2024 at 4:40 AM, Phil said:

Is body a thought or a thing?

Both, I suppose.

@Phil

I am still puzzled about your advice there:

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/the-emotional-scale

Emotion is guidance… to the experiencing of… what is wanted.
Expression of emotions experienced is not ‘about myself’.
It’s just about the expressing.
Keep it simple.

Why is the expression of the emotions experienced 'not about myself' ? Do you mean that none of the emotions experienced are to be made of an identity? That the emotions is expressed without it being made as a part of us. ex: There is the experience of unworthiness when X instead of 'bouhou, I feel unworthy and my life sucks' ?

17 minutes ago, Serenity said:

I am not sure If I get you there.

I would say that sensations comes and go, even though all division is relative as I have always been sensing.

Check sensation directly. 

See (feel) if there is any actual edge, border, division (relative or otherwise) or plurality found, and if sensation actually comes or goes.

17 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Regarding thoughts, it seems that emotions and sensations are always coloring thoughts.

In accordance with thoughts, yes it does seem so. Direct experience may reveal otherwise in this regard as well. 

25 minutes ago, Serenity said:

@Phil

I am still puzzled about your advice there:

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/the-emotional-scale

Why is the expression of the emotions experienced 'not about myself' ?

Because there isn’t one. Emotions are guidance for all thoughts, including thoughts about there being a myself. 

Do you mean that none of the emotions experienced are to be made of an identity?

I wouldn’t say are to be or are not to be, I’d question what it is to make an identity. How? What would an identity be made of?

That the emotions is expressed without it being made as a part of us.

Guidance for thoughts about there being an us as well. 🤷‍♂️ 

The guidance is very literally perfection, infallible. Not a thing & not of a world. 

ex: There is the experience of unworthiness when X instead of 'bouhou, I feel unworthy and my life sucks' ?

I’m not sure what X represents, but unworthiness would be guidance for the thought “I feel unworthy and my life sucks”. The thought would feel discordant for a variety of insightful reasons. 

But Phil, what do you mean by "Expression of emotions experienced is not ‘about myself’" ?🤔

This is what you also replied to me in one of your first posts in this thread.

6 minutes ago, Serenity said:

But Phil, what do you mean by "Expression of emotions experienced is not ‘about myself’" ?🤔

That emotion (guidance) is not about myself, yourself, ourself, their-self, himself, herself, no self, infinite self or any self whatsoever. 

It’s the simplicity of ‘the situation’ which is elusive. Emotion is how thoughts feel. That’s it. Full stop. 

There aren’t my emotions & your emotions. There might be the thought that there is. 

Same for sensations. Same for feelings

1 minute ago, Phil said:

That emotion (guidance) is not about myself, yourself, ourself, their-self, himself, herself, no self, infinite self or any self whatsoever. 

It’s the simplicity of ‘the situation’ which is elusive. Emotion is how thoughts feel. That’s it. Full stop. 

There aren’t my emotions & your emotions. 

THANK YOU !!

🙌

I got it now. 🥹

🤍🤍🤍

🤗