How to not suppress

Kevin

How do I not suppress when it feels like suppression is happening but I’m not sure how it’s happening?

basically I feel like I’m pushing something away emotionally but I’m not sure what and I’m not sure how to stop. A few days ago I felt some stuff very clearly and it felt like I wasn’t suppressing at all in that moment. And now I feel like emotional suppression is happening. It’s very clear based on how I feel that it’s happening. But I don’t know how to stop.

It seems like lots of unhealthy coping mechanisms come along after suppression has been happening for a while. Like drug use is the last stop on the train.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

How do I not suppress when it feels like suppression is happening but I’m not sure how it’s happening?

Breathing deeply and relaxing the body as much as possible will most likely reveal where you might be suppressing. The body reacts to suppression with contracting, so relaxing and softening is the way to go. Don't need to focus on anything in particular, just relax your body and mind and emotions will surface to have a look at 

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

Breathing deeply and relaxing the body as much as possible will most likely reveal where you might be suppressing. The body reacts to suppression with contracting, so relaxing and softening is the way to go. Don't need to focus on anything in particular, just relax your body and mind and emotions will surface to have a look at 

For sure this makes sense. Maybe me asking the question of how to stop suppressing is more suppressing

17 hours ago, Kevin said:

basically I feel like I’m pushing something away emotionally but I’m not sure what and I’m not sure how to stop. A few days ago I felt some stuff very clearly and it felt like I wasn’t suppressing at all in that moment. And now I feel like emotional suppression is happening. It’s very clear based on how I feel that it’s happening. But I don’t know how to stop.

It seems like lots of unhealthy coping mechanisms come along after suppression has been happening for a while. Like drug use is the last stop on the train.

I don't think it's that you are doing something wrong or that you should be doing something else.

See if Paul's content resonates. Check his videos and pick whatever thumbnail seems interesting and see what he says.

Paul never mentions anything about suppression, aversion, alignment, being the creator, expression, emptying etc etc, yet in so many zoom calls someone drops in to say how lightheartedly they're going about and how the gratefulness is sometimes even overwhelming.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

Rather than actively trying to learn how to not suppress, it's about letting go of the resistance that has already been innocently added. The resistance is essentially  conditioning rooted in misidentification. The resistance is of any discordant interpretations, and is to or with the truth or true nature, the reality of yourself. 

As suppression is happening, acknowledge that it is without judgment or blame. Observe sensation, thoughts, and emotions without trying to change, challenge or resist, and without labeling as good or bad. Mindfulness & presence is key as thought patterns of suppression untangle naturally, and any underlying reasons, justifications or rationalizations are allowed to be ‘seen’ and come up & out.

Allowing non-judgmental awareness towards whatever arises, including any tendencies to suppress emotions, allows ‘space’ for patterns to dissipate and is allowing emotional freedom and authenticity.

Letting go of resistance and allowing experience to unfold naturally is also incredibly beneficial for attracting & enjoying relationships. By releasing the resistance towards loneliness and the desire to be with someone, you actually open yourself up to the possibility of genuine connection and authentic relationships. Instead of approaching dating with a mindset of desperation, attachment, or any objectification, openness and presence are allowed and do shine through, allowing for more meaningful connections to arise organically. Fully embracing & allowing solitude as an opportunity for self-discovery via un-suppressing is allowing the natural wholeness, fulfillment and confidence you are, inherently enhancing current relationships, and attracting healthier and more fulfilling relationships into your life.

7 hours ago, Mandy said:

I would just write whatever your thoughts are and if thoughts come up judging those thoughts put them in parentheses and keep  going. Use the emotional scale to check the emotion, if you don't know, keep writing. 

This sounds like a good idea. I will try this out.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I don't think it's that you are doing something wrong or that you should be doing something else.

See if Paul's content resonates. Check his videos and pick whatever thumbnail seems interesting and see what he says.

Paul never mentions anything about suppression, aversion, alignment, being the creator, expression, emptying etc etc, yet in so many zoom calls someone drops in to say how lightheartedly they're going about and how the gratefulness is sometimes even overwhelming.

Yeah I’ve seen him before. He’s good. I think I prefer being talked at rather than the dialog recordings he does with others.

I’ve really been getting a lot out of the simply always awake YouTube channel.

Edited by Kevin
Clarity

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Rather than actively trying to learn how to not suppress, it's about letting go of the resistance that has already been innocently added. The resistance is essentially  conditioning rooted in misidentification. The resistance is of any discordant interpretations, and is to or with the truth or true nature, the reality of yourself. 

As suppression is happening, acknowledge that it is without judgment or blame. Observe sensation, thoughts, and emotions without trying to change, challenge or resist, and without labeling as good or bad. Mindfulness & presence is key as thought patterns of suppression untangle naturally, and any underlying reasons, justifications or rationalizations are allowed to be ‘seen’ and come up & out.

This was tough the other day. But also feeling is super pronounced lately and today the suppression seems to have died down a bunch.

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Allowing non-judgmental awareness towards whatever arises, including any tendencies to suppress emotions, allows ‘space’ for patterns to dissipate and is allowing emotional freedom and authenticity.

a big barrier was thinking I need to solve the problem that certain thoughts pointed to. And I needed to solve it now. That was a huge barrier to feeling.

lots of stuff being uncovered lately.

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Letting go of resistance and allowing experience to unfold naturally is also incredibly beneficial for attracting & enjoying relationships. By releasing the resistance towards loneliness and the desire to be with someone, you actually open yourself up to the possibility of genuine connection and authentic relationships. Instead of approaching dating with a mindset of desperation, attachment, or any objectification, openness and presence are allowed and do shine through, allowing for more meaningful connections to arise organically. Fully embracing & allowing solitude as an opportunity for self-discovery via un-suppressing is allowing the natural wholeness, fulfillment and confidence you are, inherently enhancing current relationships, and attracting healthier and more fulfilling relationships into your life.

This really resonated. The last week things have been super intense but lots of stuff has been clearing up around things like relationships and desperation and what thats about.