Crap Goggles

Blessed2

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

So… the Tao Te Ching says there's no self? 

There is no self. 

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm confused

Yet thoughts appear and are apparently instantly believed, and it seems like there is a self, which thoughts are on behalf of. (Someone confused). 

The separate self of thoughts is like a clown that comes out after a play it wasn’t in and takes a bow. 

6 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm not judging Neo-Advaita definitively.  I like it but I stick to Maharshi as to interpretation.  That's my preference.  And a lot of people don't consider him to be Neo-Advaita.  It's his students that are usually considered Neo-Advaita.  Maharshi was an original and hugely influential.  He's like Shankara to me.  The followers of Maharshi created Neo-Advaita.

What if these are not your thoughts?

Does entertaining that possibility reframe the situation?

There must be an effortless way.

One, very powerful aspect of the crap goggles is that it is the goggles that make it seem like a you is having them on.

The goggles make up a haver of the goggles. 😂

Then the haver that the goggles make up runs around trying to get rid of the goggles.

There must be an effortless way.

Posted (edited)

Am I or You Wearing Crap Goggles?  This depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.  You may go so far that you find there is no you.  In that case there's nothing that's wearing any goggles.  There's no problem.  It would take a self to have a problem. 

Vivartavada – The universe is an illusory transformation/unreal manifestation of the Self.  Although the Self appears to undergo a transformation, in fact no real change takes place.  The myriad of beings are unreal manifestation, as the only real thing is the Self, that ultimate reality which is unborn, unchanging, and entirely without parts.  The empirical world of appearances is unreal.

SOURCE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivartavada

Edited by Joseph Maynor