Free Falling Forever

Blessed2

Could it be that the separate self is the assumption that you can know what you are?

But in a similar sense that eye cannot see eye, or tongue cannot taste tongue...

Perhaps I can never know what I am... I can only be what I am.

"I found out, and then it reverse-engineered and the downloads were all about what I wasn't. That's all that I learned. I never learned about what I was, I'm being what I am.

(...)

I don't want to learn about what I am, I don't want to know about what I am, l don't give a shit if you know what you are. I don't want to experience what I am because that's impossible. We can only be what we are."

- Paul Hedderman

Considering I simply cannot know what I am... It's like free falling without end.

FREEDOM. Ineffable, infinite, boundless freedom.

There must be an effortless way.

41 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think part of the trouble is we're working on different things than our egos would prefer working on.  there's a conflict there a lot of the time.  But if you look at what you're working on, you can always see why you're doing it too.  We're chasing growth.

What? How is this relevant to the subject of the thread?

There must be an effortless way.

21 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Could it be that the separate self is the assumption that you can know what you are?

But in a similar sense that eye cannot see eye, or tongue cannot taste tongue...

Perhaps I can never know what I am... I can only be what I am.

"I found out, and then it reverse-engineered and the downloads were all about what I wasn't. That's all that I learned. I never learned about what I was, I'm being what I am.

(...)

I don't want to learn about what I am, I don't want to know about what I am, l don't give a shit if you know what you are. I don't want to experience what I am because that's impossible. We can only be what we are."

- Paul Hedderman

Considering I simply cannot know what I am... It's like free falling without end.

FREEDOM. Ineffable, infinite, boundless freedom.

Okay.  Well it looks like you have life all figured out.

8 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Huh? 😂

I just don't see how what you wrote is relevant to the subject of the thread.

I think he (mis)read your post as a claim of authority over having "life figured out" which is what he is trying to sell himself as having.  It's extra funny because the message of your post was about not having things figured out, but that's what insecurity and projection does to a pov. 

20 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think part of the trouble is we're working on different things than our egos would prefer working on.  there's a conflict there a lot of the time.  But if you look at what you're working on, you can always see why you're doing it too.  We're chasing growth.

The knower knows the knower is not ego, and that there are (plural) egos, and that all egos are chasing, because the knower knows the knower is chasing. 

Knower is the thought knower. Knowing is the thought knowing. Known is the thought known. 

Dog head is the thought dog head. Dog tail is the thought dog tail. Dog head chasing dog tail is the thought; dog head chasing dog tail. 

Is a dog actually chasing it’s tail, or is the truth there is no separation already?

If the dog noticed this, could that (no longer chasing it’s tail) be said to be growth… growth being synonymous with appreciation? 

Did the dog “figure anything out” or simply stop chasing its own tail / believing the tail was not itself?

On 2/29/2024 at 8:18 PM, Blessed2 said:

Can only be attachment with the thoughts. You are already what you are and no one is here nor ever exist.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."