Relationships & The Elimination Game

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

You just can see it.  Recognition, not belief.  Its a true observation. 

How do you differentiate belief from true observation? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

4 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

A belief is "that fucking frog is the devil and wants to murder me", an observation is "oh, there's a frog".

What should you do with beliefs? Are all beliefs wrong? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

‘Infinite can not know finite’ is not a belief. 

There is no ‘wobble’ between infinite and finite. 

Infinite means no finite. 

Thus, infinite can not know finite. 

The aim here as it were is certainly not spiritual and or intellectual bypassing, but self-realization. 

I don't fall into all the dogmas here but I'm learning what they are.  I don't insist on talking to people about things they're closed off to.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't fall into all the dogmas here but I'm learning what they are.  I don't insist on talking to people about things they're closed off to.

It was in reply to your comment about me… about the comment I made on Aggrandized.org… infinite can not know finite. So forgive me, but it didn’t seem like anything you were closed off to. This of course emphasizes the very point but Geez us I digress. 😅 

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

It was in reply to your comment about me… about the comment I made on Aggrandized.org… infinite can not know finite. So forgive me, but it didn’t seem like anything you were closed off to. 

I think I understand why that's a useful insight.  Notwithstanding the lingo I use, what I'm trying to sort of note as a corollary is: The finite is also to be appreciated in all its snowflake forms.  My concern beyond all this lingo is to warn about putting the finite in the shadow.  I should have just said it like that because my lingo is very truncated, and I think only fully understandable to me.  It's like when you do one of your seemingly incomprehensible posts.  It makes total sense to you, but it's stated in a very brief way that others don't always have the context to interpret.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

Being transparent I wouldn’t say it’s useful or really even an insight. It’s kind of a ‘just how it is’ pointer. If there is infinite, there isn’t finite. If there is finite, there isn’t infinite. The phrase really just points out there can’t be both without really denying, negating or offering any thing. Maybe that the contingent factor is knowing, but that’s about it. It’s just a phrase though, and the chances of anyone having any problem with you appreciating form are slim to none imo.

In all honestly, I don’t know what putting finite in the shadow means. I’m interested though. Would you mind explaining it?

On the posts, I’m figuring if there’s anyone with interest and a question, since it’s a forum for discussion, they’ll just ask. I don’t know, and don’t have any way of knowing either. 

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

Being transparent I wouldn’t say it’s useful or really even an insight. It’s kind of a ‘just how it is’ pointer. If there is infinite, there isn’t finite. If there is finite, there isn’t infinite. The phrase really just points out there can’t be both without really denying, negating or offering any thing. Maybe that the contingent factor is knowing, but that’s about it. It’s just a phrase though, and the chances of anyone having any problem with you appreciating form are slim to none imo.

In all honestly, I don’t know what putting finite in the shadow means. I’m interested though. Would you mind explaining it?

On the posts, I’m figuring if there’s anyone with interest and a question, since it’s a forum for discussion, they’ll just ask. I don’t know, and don’t have any way of knowing either. 

Thanks for the response.  Maybe I'm using the terms in a certain sense from my Philosophy background.  Finite means I think what you refer to when you talk about the ray of light being refracted in a glass of water.  That's a form that light can take but it's like an image, a painting.  The Infinite is that from which the form came from, the source.  You might say light itself.  We have to get clear about how we're using these words.  I think it's useful to conceive of it like this, but there are limits here too -- the infinite is the artist, the finite is the artwork.  Another way to frame it, the infinite is the manifesting and the finite is the manifested.  The infinite is God, the finite is the human.  The infinite is source and the finite is expression.  I'm just spitballing here a little bit with the analogies.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I just read this again.  This is an excellent insight from Phil expressed in narrative form.  Intention is everything.  Don't get bogged down in nonsense.  Focus on what you want.  Create good things for yourself and others.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  Don't let them grind you down.  You can escape suffering in a snap of the finger's time.  Just like that.  Change your intention.  Do good works.  Seed reality with wholesome things.  Some of these are my insights so I want to make sure I'm not projecting them onto Phil's narrative.  Create from a place of abundance not from a place of comparison.  You have a choice here.  It's a key choice. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 hours ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

That’s really kind, and yes for sure, there’s no sense getting bogged down in nonsense. And yes, same light. As simple as the light through the glass. Like being an empty glass aware at the bottom of its own activity as the top.

I’ll add one more thing, once one realizes they’re creating nonsense they can stop doing it in a flash.  It’s very quite remarkable how fast one can change when this insight resonates.  It’s like a musician realizing they’re playing a wrong note and immediately adjusting to a right note.  You don’t have to keep on creating hell, you just go straight to Heaven.  It’s about making that split second adjustment that fixes the whole thing.  One very small change brings everything back into alignment with beauty.  The hard part is remembering this sooner rather than later in the progression of a decent into creating hell.  It’s like reality is a white canvas and we decide to paint a huge picture of Lucifer on it.  Well it’s like yeah you’re worshipping Satan, it’s no wonder your life is a living hell.  And people don’t want to hear that they are creating the living hell that is their inner life.  It’s usually but not always nobody else’s fault but their own failure to create a better choice.  Sorry if this went on long.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

43 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’ll add one more thing, once one realizes they’re creating nonsense they can stop doing it in a flash.  It’s very quite remarkable how fast one can change when this insight resonates.  It’s like a musician realizing they’re playing a wrong note and immediately adjusting to a right note.  You don’t have to keep on creating hell, you just go straight to Heaven.  It’s about making that split second adjustment that fixes the whole thing.  One very small change brings everything back into alignment with beauty.  The hard part is remembering this sooner rather than later in the progression of a decent into creating hell.  It’s like reality is a white canvas and we decide to paint a huge picture of Lucifer on it.  Well it’s like yeah you’re worshipping Satan, it’s no wonder your life is a living hell.  And people don’t want to hear that they are creating the living hell that is their inner life.  It’s usually but not always nobody else’s fault but their own failure to create a better choice.  Sorry if this went on long.

With respect to the hard part and well-being therein of course, is there any alternative to… someone failing & having to remember, stop or start doing anything, change at all or blame anyone?