What is a guru / mentor / guide?

Blessed2

The true nature is like the sun and conditioning / beliefs / illusion is like clouds covering up the sun.

The sun is always shining. The light spreads evenly, unconditionally in all directions.

When the clouds start to part bit by bit, little holes appear to the cloud cover and the sun's light shines through them.

As such it seems like the sun's light takes up a specific form, drawn by the borders of the parting clouds.

The guru / mentor / guide is like that. It seems like there is a body, a person, a guru who speaks of non-duality.

But that's the form the light takes only when it shines through the hole in the cloud cover. It's drawn through illusions.

There must be an effortless way.

What we really have to teach as individuals to others is our strengths which are a finite set of all possible strengths.  People come to us for a period of time and integrate what we have and then leave.  And we do this to others too.  In this way we learn from each other.  Each of us is like an artwork that can be consumed.  But people need to experience a wide variety of artworks on their path too.  No artist has it all.  You can say you have it all on a Divine level but on a human level you don't.  You're finite just as much as infinite.  Embrace the finite.  This is what a lot of people stuck in the Divine hold themselves back from doing.  They have the finite, the human, the ego in their shadow.  They use the word "truth" as a foolish sword to cut away the finite and pretend they don't have that, that it doesn't exist.

15 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What we really have to teach as individuals to others is our strengths which are a finite set of all possible strengths.  People come to us for a period of time and integrate what we have and then leave.  And we do this to others too.  In this way we learn from each other.  Each of us is like an artwork that can be consumed.  But people need to experience a wide variety of artworks on their path too.  No artist has it all.  You can say you have it all on a Divine level but on a human level you don't.  You're finite just as much as infinite.  Embrace the finite.  This is what a lot of people stuck in the Divine hold themselves back from doing.  They have the finite, the human, the ego in their shadow.  They use the word "truth" as a foolish sword to cut away the finite and pretend they don't have that, that it doesn't exist.

Doesn't make any more sense the second time you copy-pasted this post.  Nothing included in infinity can ever be finite.  That's what infinite means; not finite.  It's not that complicated.  

On 1/13/2024 at 10:20 PM, Phil said:

I say I’m receiving, yet all I have are words.

And so I seem deceiving; from all that you have heard. 

Like science, religion & all nomenclature,

I’m only obscuring the truth of your nature. 

😁 Would never have guessed you're just as hopelessly stuck as anyone.

I thought you knew what you were talking about!

There must be an effortless way.