Farting on Vegan Diet

8 minutes ago, Mandy said:

What are you eating? 

In the morning I had a loophole shake and then for lunch another loophole shake and boom, the farts were just unleashed all day today in my work van. 

Now I just had another loophole shake with a plate of rice and beans with fried plantains and squash.

♾️

@Orb 😂 There's going to be adjustment with sudden changes to your diet, some things bother some people and it's hard to find out what that is if you're all of a sudden doing a big diet shift. Especially if you start eating lots of plants/whole foods after processed stuff and meat. I can't eat most beans, I can eat moderate amounts of canned lentils without getting extra gas. Also, the more raw fruits and veggies, the better for gas I've found. Not a hard and fast rule, but if I eat apples and bananas, berries and fresh spinach all day I'm not going to have gas. If I cook a squash and eat it with beans, way more possibility of gas. 😆 

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy

22 hours ago, Mandy said:

@Orb 😂 There's going to be adjustment with sudden changes to your diet, some things bother some people and it's hard to find out what that is if you're all of a sudden doing a big diet shift. Especially if you start eating lots of plants/whole foods after processed stuff and meat. I can't eat most beans, I can eat moderate amounts of canned lentils without getting extra gas. Also, the more raw fruits and veggies, the better for gas I've found. Not a hard and fast rule, but if I eat apples and bananas, berries and fresh spinach all day I'm not going to have gas. If I cook a squash and eat it with beans, way more possibility of gas. 😆  

@Mandy @Blessed2 thanks for the suggestions guys! 

I've been putting my moms "unconditional love" to the test lately 😉

♾️

@Orb Maybe you react on the pea protein in the protein powder?

If you cook dried legumes try soaking them in water over night first.

Peeled mung beans, yellow wax beans, canned lentils and sprouts have been more gentle on my gut. Soaking over night in water is the first step when sprouting stuff.

You were the one feeling great eating meat right? 🙂 What made you switch to a vegan diet?

16 minutes ago, noomii said:

@Orb Maybe you react on the pea protein in the protein powder?

If you cook dried legumes try soaking them in water over night first.

Peeled mung beans, yellow wax beans, canned lentils and sprouts have been more gentle on my gut. Soaking over night in water is the first step when sprouting stuff.

You were the one feeling great eating meat right? 🙂 What made you switch to a vegan diet?

Thank you for the suggestions!!

And I'm seeing if it can work this time. Considering adding dairy products like whey protein.

♾️

@Orb Try making smaller, more subtle shifts than flip flopping all at once and you can much more easily tell what isn't sitting well with you. If you know what makes you feel good, you'll stick with it, it becomes habit and then there's no relapsing or cycles of doubting all of what you're doing. 

Youtube Channel  

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

@Orb Try making smaller, more subtle shifts than flip flopping all at once and you can much more easily tell what isn't sitting well with you. If you know what makes you feel good, you'll stick with it, it becomes habit and then there's no relapsing or cycles of doubting all of what you're doing. 

Yea that's a good point, I just get so excited!!

Im starting to do that now actually but in reverse. I went all the way vegan but may start including whey protein shakes as they're very satiating and forms of dairy. 

♾️