Jump to content

To Lay Down Grievances


Blessed2

Recommended Posts

One of the daily lessons in ACIM is to take a moment a number of times during the day to simply notice all the grievances you hold against others, and in noticing them, gently letting them go.

 

I want to encourage you to try it. Try it right now.

 

Bring in mind the grievances and blame you hold. See if you can actually find any relationship, any human being against whom you do not hold any grievances. No matter how big, justified, or "unjustified", irrational, silly, small or petty the grievances are. Or whether you've ever actually even met or had any interaction with that person whatsoever. It might literally just be a face you've seen in an advertisement or something.

 

Dig very deep. You may even notice that you hold subtle grievances to literally a newborn baby or your own children. It's alright, this is not about you being a bad person and needing to be better. It's just about noticing. Dig deep.

 

Most likely you're noticing that you do in fact hold some kind of grievance toward literally everyone. That you're holding blame... Against the whole world.

 

Now you may also be noticing that as you bring awareness to this madness of holding grievances against everyone, you are also ever so subtly "returning" to here now. Your body starts to relax. Suddenly it's no longer about yesterday and tomorrow, but you are being centered in this moment, and you're feeling lighter.

 

Isn't that interesting? Isn't it interesting that you're actually starting to feel better?

 

We're obviously uncovering something here.

 

Now, take note of that lighter feeling, and gently start bringing awareness to letting those grievances go. Go easy with it, this is not a race. Just in noticing the grievances you hold, you're already letting them go. Keep with it. Acknowledge the lightening up in your being.

 

And just like that, you exit the matrix. What a breath of fresh air.

 

 

There must be an effortless way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2023 at 3:32 PM, Blessed2 said:

Bring in mind the grievances and blame you hold. See if you can actually find any relationship, any human being against whom you do not hold any grievances. No matter how big, justified, or "unjustified", irrational, silly, small or petty the grievances are. Or whether you've ever actually even met or had any interaction with that person whatsoever. It might literally just be a face you've seen in an advertisement or something.

 

Dig very deep. You may even notice that you hold subtle grievances to literally a newborn baby or your own children. It's alright, this is not about you being a bad person and needing to be better. It's just about noticing. Dig deep.

 

Most likely you're noticing that you do in fact hold some kind of grievance toward literally everyone. That you're holding blame... Against the whole world.

 

You might even hold grievances / blame toward people about situations that haven't even yet come to pass... But only could happen in a future.

 

It can also be totally, totally irrational. Like holding a grievance toward a person who doesn't even know you exist... For not knowing that you exist.

 

It might require some radical honesty and willingness to really see what's pointed to here, dunno.

 

There must be an effortless way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, this is not at all about fixing something about you. This is not about becoming better, or getting rid of blame and judgement and anger. It's about noticing how deep the rabbit hole goes, and noticing how you're kind of helpless with it. And handing it over to Source.

 

There must be an effortless way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2023 at 7:22 PM, Alexander said:

Can you explain what matrix will I leave?

 

Just for the sake of the theme of this thread... Could it be, that where this question "came from", was a place of grievance and therefore attack? Like, "this guy Blessed2 is wrong and spewing bullshit at me", and how you feel is because of something I'm doing wrong?

 

There must be an effortless way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

 

Just for the sake of the theme of this thread... Could it be, that where this question "came from", was a place of grievance and therefore attack? Like, "this guy Blessed2 is wrong and spewing bullshit at me", and how you feel is because of something I'm doing wrong?

No man,chill.I asked directly because I am confused about the matrix.What matrix?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Alexander said:

So to do it?Is this like forgiveness?

I’m not sure if my two cents is on the same page as @Blessed2 & the thread. Let me know if not. 

 

I would say yes, and much more so it’s all encompassing. It’s every grievance. Anything mentally ‘held’ about yourself and any other entity which is in all honesty, sincerity and authenticity is - discordant. Entity could be anyone, even yourself, God, or a dog that bit you or maybe you treated poorly. 

 

Verbally it might sound like “I’m just done carrying the weight”. 

 

Could be thought of as a karma cleanse. 

 

Or like if there was an afterlife heaven & hell, and you’re going to die tomorrow & you’re going to one of em… and so you definitely wanna make amends. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I’m not sure if my two cents is on the same page as @Blessed2 & the thread. Let me know if not. 

 

I would say yes, and much more so it’s all encompassing. It’s every grievance. Anything mentally ‘held’ about yourself and any other entity which is in all honesty, sincerity and authenticity is - discordant. Entity could be anyone, even yourself, God, or a dog that bit you or maybe you treated poorly. 

 

Verbally it might sound like “I’m just done carrying the weight”. 

 

Could be thought of as a karma cleanse. 

 

Or like if there was an afterlife heaven & hell, and you’re going to die tomorrow & you’re going to one of em… and so you definitely wanna make amends. 

 

👍🙏

 

There must be an effortless way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Alexander said:

What matrix?

Beliefs held about feeling, as opposed to allowing expression & emptying of beliefs about feeling. 

So to speak, this keeps the mind ruminating. Trying to solve, figure out, etc - all with the underlying theme of - to feel better, and to allow the manifesting of wanted. 

This perpetuates the belief that there is a finite mind, via identity beliefs. 

This contracting can ‘spill over to’ perception, and this is what psychosis is. 

In the illusion of ignorance about this, about the actuality & simplicity of thought, perception, sensation and the guidance of emotion… One diagnosis another, only seemingly contributing to reinforcing, the initial beliefs & contraction. 

 

As it’s assumed there is not a clear lens, but rather a finite mind, self referential beliefs are repeated, and this isn’t noticed… because it’s assumed to be, true. “Relative truth.” That is a belief.  

 

Thus rumination ensues & continues.

Thoughts about how others are making me feel this way or that, rather than acknowleding emotional guidance. 

Thoughts about sex & sexual fantasies, rather than acknowleding the emotional guidance. 

Anything, in which the thought feels better, than the underlying contraction, of the underlying beliefs, which amount to aversion from feeling… which is all that’s actually wanted… and is unsuspectingly, already the case. 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1466.thumb.jpeg.63d6d2e74f76bc2385337518d985ccd7.jpeg

 

 

Or hang on to the grievances. It doesn’t really matter honestly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's good to lay down grievances as a matter of stable state.   But I think it's also important to understand people that cause you grief and understand what that's all about and how and why you gotta stay away from these people.  Acceptance has limits to it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

What about understanding that people don’t cause you grief? 


I agree with that to an extent.   I think I understand what you're saying and I agree it's worthwhile to go down that rabbit hole on the path.  The Divine Feminine.  Just because I can see the bigger picture regarding bad people, it doesn't follow that I should put myself in their company.  It's a nuanced issue from my perspective.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think it's good to lay down grievances as a matter of stable state.

 

Maybe. 🙂 What this thread is about though is not thinking about it, but actually giving it a try and seeing how it feels.

 

Apples (thinking) and oranges (actually experiencing it).

 

There must be an effortless way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:


I agree with that to an extent.   I think I understand what you're saying and I agree it's worthwhile to go down that rabbit hole on the path.  The Divine Feminine.  Just because I can see the bigger picture regarding bad people, it doesn't follow that I should put myself in their company.  It's a nuanced issue from my perspective.

So, you've gone down the rabbit hole of not letting people bother you, and decided to go back to letting people bother you, because it's too divine feminine? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:


I agree with that to an extent.   I think I understand what you're saying and I agree it's worthwhile to go down that rabbit hole on the path.  The Divine Feminine.  Just because I can see the bigger picture regarding bad people, it doesn't follow that I should put myself in their company.  It's a nuanced issue from my perspective.

What if you didn’t know good & bad?

 

Let’s say my mom dies, and I experince grief. Do you? How could I make you (presuming I could)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By clicking, I agree to the terms of use, rules, guidelines & to hold Actuality of Being LLC, admin, moderators & all forum members harmless.