To Lay Down Grievances

Blessed2

One of the daily lessons in ACIM is to take a moment a number of times during the day to simply notice all the grievances you hold against others, and in noticing them, gently letting them go.

I want to encourage you to try it. Try it right now.

Bring in mind the grievances and blame you hold. See if you can actually find any relationship, any human being against whom you do not hold any grievances. No matter how big, justified, or "unjustified", irrational, silly, small or petty the grievances are. Or whether you've ever actually even met or had any interaction with that person whatsoever. It might literally just be a face you've seen in an advertisement or something.

Dig very deep. You may even notice that you hold subtle grievances to literally a newborn baby or your own children. It's alright, this is not about you being a bad person and needing to be better. It's just about noticing. Dig deep.

Most likely you're noticing that you do in fact hold some kind of grievance toward literally everyone. That you're holding blame... Against the whole world.

Now you may also be noticing that as you bring awareness to this madness of holding grievances against everyone, you are also ever so subtly "returning" to here now. Your body starts to relax. Suddenly it's no longer about yesterday and tomorrow, but you are being centered in this moment, and you're feeling lighter.

Isn't that interesting? Isn't it interesting that you're actually starting to feel better?

We're obviously uncovering something here.

Now, take note of that lighter feeling, and gently start bringing awareness to letting those grievances go. Go easy with it, this is not a race. Just in noticing the grievances you hold, you're already letting them go. Keep with it. Acknowledge the lightening up in your being.

And just like that, you exit the matrix. What a breath of fresh air.

There must be an effortless way.

On 11/28/2023 at 3:32 PM, Blessed2 said:

Bring in mind the grievances and blame you hold. See if you can actually find any relationship, any human being against whom you do not hold any grievances. No matter how big, justified, or "unjustified", irrational, silly, small or petty the grievances are. Or whether you've ever actually even met or had any interaction with that person whatsoever. It might literally just be a face you've seen in an advertisement or something.

Dig very deep. You may even notice that you hold subtle grievances to literally a newborn baby or your own children. It's alright, this is not about you being a bad person and needing to be better. It's just about noticing. Dig deep.

Most likely you're noticing that you do in fact hold some kind of grievance toward literally everyone. That you're holding blame... Against the whole world.

You might even hold grievances / blame toward people about situations that haven't even yet come to pass... But only could happen in a future.

It can also be totally, totally irrational. Like holding a grievance toward a person who doesn't even know you exist... For not knowing that you exist.

It might require some radical honesty and willingness to really see what's pointed to here, dunno.

Also, this is not at all about fixing something about you. This is not about becoming better, or getting rid of blame and judgement and anger. It's about noticing how deep the rabbit hole goes, and noticing how you're kind of helpless with it. And handing it over to Source.

On 11/28/2023 at 7:22 PM, Alexander said:

Can you explain what matrix will I leave?

Just for the sake of the theme of this thread... Could it be, that where this question "came from", was a place of grievance and therefore attack? Like, "this guy Blessed2 is wrong and spewing bullshit at me", and how you feel is because of something I'm doing wrong?

2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Just for the sake of the theme of this thread... Could it be, that where this question "came from", was a place of grievance and therefore attack? Like, "this guy Blessed2 is wrong and spewing bullshit at me", and how you feel is because of something I'm doing wrong?

No man,chill.I asked directly because I am confused about the matrix.What matrix?

47 minutes ago, Alexander said:

So to do it?Is this like forgiveness?

I’m not sure if my two cents is on the same page as @Blessed2 & the thread. Let me know if not. 

I would say yes, and much more so it’s all encompassing. It’s every grievance. Anything mentally ‘held’ about yourself and any other entity which is in all honesty, sincerity and authenticity is - discordant. Entity could be anyone, even yourself, God, or a dog that bit you or maybe you treated poorly. 

Verbally it might sound like “I’m just done carrying the weight”. 

Could be thought of as a karma cleanse. 

Or like if there was an afterlife heaven & hell, and you’re going to die tomorrow & you’re going to one of em… and so you definitely wanna make amends. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I’m not sure if my two cents is on the same page as @Blessed2 & the thread. Let me know if not. 

I would say yes, and much more so it’s all encompassing. It’s every grievance. Anything mentally ‘held’ about yourself and any other entity which is in all honesty, sincerity and authenticity is - discordant. Entity could be anyone, even yourself, God, or a dog that bit you or maybe you treated poorly. 

Verbally it might sound like “I’m just done carrying the weight”. 

Could be thought of as a karma cleanse. 

Or like if there was an afterlife heaven & hell, and you’re going to die tomorrow & you’re going to one of em… and so you definitely wanna make amends. 

👍🙏

17 hours ago, Alexander said:

What matrix?

Beliefs held about feeling, as opposed to allowing expression & emptying of beliefs about feeling. 

So to speak, this keeps the mind ruminating. Trying to solve, figure out, etc - all with the underlying theme of - to feel better, and to allow the manifesting of wanted. 

This perpetuates the belief that there is a finite mind, via identity beliefs. 

This contracting can ‘spill over to’ perception, and this is what psychosis is. 

In the illusion of ignorance about this, about the actuality & simplicity of thought, perception, sensation and the guidance of emotion… One diagnosis another, only seemingly contributing to reinforcing, the initial beliefs & contraction. 

As it’s assumed there is not a clear lens, but rather a finite mind, self referential beliefs are repeated, and this isn’t noticed… because it’s assumed to be, true. “Relative truth.” That is a belief.  

Thus rumination ensues & continues.

Thoughts about how others are making me feel this way or that, rather than acknowleding emotional guidance. 

Thoughts about sex & sexual fantasies, rather than acknowleding the emotional guidance. 

Anything, in which the thought feels better, than the underlying contraction, of the underlying beliefs, which amount to aversion from feeling… which is all that’s actually wanted… and is unsuspectingly, already the case. 

IMG_1466.thumb.jpeg.63d6d2e74f76bc2385337518d985ccd7.jpeg

Or hang on to the grievances. It doesn’t really matter honestly. 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

What about understanding that people don’t cause you grief? 

I agree with that to an extent.   I think I understand what you're saying and I agree it's worthwhile to go down that rabbit hole on the path.  The Divine Feminine.  Just because I can see the bigger picture regarding bad people, it doesn't follow that I should put myself in their company.  It's a nuanced issue from my perspective.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think it's good to lay down grievances as a matter of stable state.

Maybe. 🙂 What this thread is about though is not thinking about it, but actually giving it a try and seeing how it feels.

Apples (thinking) and oranges (actually experiencing it).

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I agree with that to an extent.   I think I understand what you're saying and I agree it's worthwhile to go down that rabbit hole on the path.  The Divine Feminine.  Just because I can see the bigger picture regarding bad people, it doesn't follow that I should put myself in their company.  It's a nuanced issue from my perspective.

So, you've gone down the rabbit hole of not letting people bother you, and decided to go back to letting people bother you, because it's too divine feminine? 

17 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What if you didn’t know good & bad?

Let’s say my mom dies, and I experince grief. Do you? How could I make you (presuming I could)?