@Phil I can't ive had too much coffee today and im freaking out! 😭😭😭

The pain, the withdrawals, the laziness, it's a lot to take in goddamn it, goddamn this! 

@Mandy I keep going in circles I'm so tired of this. Fuck! 😤

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

I'm gonna take a sick day today on all this spiritual stuff.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Also… so to speak… you can totally relax and let everything go. Notice ‘you do it’ every night and fall asleep. Employ that reference. Just fall alseep right now. Not literally of course, but that notion, carried out, kind of playing it out or pretending, is relaxing the body, sinking into the gravity, etc. 

That makes sense, I want to enjoy the unfolding. Argh sometimes impatience is felt. 

Now I'm bored, now I'm content 😌.  

Idk man. 😄 

25 minutes ago, Orb said:

I've done that before already. 

That an assumption. A thought believed. Question the thought. 

18 minutes ago, Orb said:

I don't know I'd have to see for myself. But because I'm not enlightened I wouldn't actually know.

It (whatever thought it is) ALREADY isn’t known - it’s believed - - - or of course, not, and acknowledged as… a thought. 

8 minutes ago, Orb said:

I think the harsh truth is that this actually takes work, like years of meditation. And all these notions of realization being effortless are unrealistic. 

‘I think’ is an assumption. Slow down bruh. Acknowledge the emotions experienced. As ‘you do’, notice there is no actual effort happening. Just an acknowledgement. Same as saying awareness aware of. 

8 minutes ago, Orb said:

I just want to forget all the nondual stuff, I want to forget everything.

Acknowledge beliefs as, beliefs. Not ‘nondual stuff’. Notice that doesn’t even make sense and feel the relief of noticing. 

8 minutes ago, Orb said:

I don't want to believe what anyone here says. 

It’s about acknowledging the / these thoughts, and the believing of (or not).  There is no need to go about it the hard way. Emotions are being experienced and the guidance can be received. 

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nice but there’s a lot of honesty, sincerity & integrity left on the bone there.  

Pessimism skipper. 😉 

🙏🏼♥️

Oh shit I forgot about pessimism LOL. 

Arrrrgh I forgot again about acknowledging emotion, we do not battle with flesh and blood 🩸

I think it's time to break up with coffee. 

Edited by Orb

@Orb Journaling is great for times like this. If enlightenment/etc is believed to be the absence of thoughts, why not indulge them, type as many as you possibly can, as fast as you can. Wouldn't that be a hilarious experiment? If what's it's thought to not be will keep coming at you, might as well be ready to catch it. 

7 minutes ago, Orb said:

I'm gonna take a sick day today on all this spiritual stuff.

Oh man. Who is employing you?

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy yea I can journal in my notebook after I clean. 

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

@Orb Oh man. Who is employing you?

Satan

2 minutes ago, Mandy said:

They told us to sit still in school. That was such an ideal. Meditation is not that kind of sitting still. 

I want to do Love Meditation, loving people, encouraging people, putting smiles on sad kids faces, being there for people.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Orb

Excitement felt isn’t actually coming from work etc. 

There is no need to water your neighbors gardens. 

Your’s will inevitably overflow naturally. 

I hope so! 

@Phil it feels weird to "acknowledge" an emotion I'm not currently feeling. It's kinda like saying to acknowledge that there's a unicorn in front of you. 

If frustration is felt that can be acknowledged, but how can you acknowledge something that isn't even present? 

I like acknowledging the current emotion felt and not falling into transference. But the practice of moving up the scale is very irritating because it feels fake or forced. 

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Orb

Noticing a pessimistic thought and how it feels, as compared to a masking thought such as the feeling (emotion) being due to something else might be a new experience. 

An example might be that using the scale is irritating, as opposed to irritation is how the thought about the scale feels. 

I'm really OCD about stuff. I routinely check things multiple times to make sure they're a certain way, I get very obsessive, I can't hear these kinds of things without getting obsessive about it and it's overwhelming. 

Like if words that point to emotion indicate emotion felt does that mean that if the word frustration is in a sentence frustration is felt, and then if the next sentence has the word insecure in it now its insecurity. I can't see gray only black and white.

Then I'll get obsessive about making sure all the thoughts that arise have the right words that point to the right emotion. And If I'm feeling happy and a thought arises with the word sad I'll freak out. 

This is why I don't dabble into the emotional scale or law of attraction stuff, people who are obsessive get stressed out trying to do those things. Same thing with LOA, I have intrusive thoughts everyday with horrible things, does that mean I'll experience those things? It's too much.

Edited by Orb

I'm really OCD about stuff. I routinely check things multiple times to make sure they're a certain way, I get very obsessive, I can't hear these kinds of things without getting obsessive about it and it's overwhelming. 

Innocence is being uncovered. It’s normal, natural and perfectly ok that self referential beliefs seems to have more stickyness as they comes up & out. 

Like if words that point to emotion indicate emotion felt does that mean that if the word frustration is in a sentence frustration is felt, and then if the next sentence has the word insecure in it now its insecurity. I can't see gray only black and white.

No, emotion is how thoughts feel… with the exception of the top line, which is just basic ordinary feeling or being. 

Then I'll get obsessive about making sure all the thoughts that arise have the right words that point to the right emotion.

Thoughts arise. You are not sorting through thoughts and deciding which thoughts arise.

Obsessive is a masking thought. A conceptualization. You are innocent. You are not responsible for any thoughts which arise. Such as self is only the thought about such a self. 

And If I'm feeling happy and a thought arises with the word sad I'll freak out. 

You don’t know the future. What a joy and load off that is. 

This is why I don't dabble into the emotional scale or law of attraction stuff, people who are obsessive get stressed out trying to do those things. Same thing with LOA, I have intrusive thoughts everyday with horrible things, does that mean I'll experience those things? It's too much.

‘Intrusive thoughts’ is a thought. One thought. Like ‘a hundred thoughts’.

It isn’t true about other thoughts. It’s a judgmental thought, about thoughts. It’s a conceptualization. 

It can be challenging to let the thoughts go and feel, without reacting. 

Challenging in that feeling has been averted from and is now being allowed, welcomed, embraced. 

“I got soul, but I'm not a soldier - you know you got to help me out! Don’t you put me on the back burner - you’re gonna bring yourself down! You’re gonna bring yourself down! Over and again, last call for sin. When everyone’s lost - the battle is won… with all these things that I’ve done”. 

- The Guidance

We all did dumb, selfish, arrogant stupid stuff… and we’re all absolutely innocent. Self-love, self-compassion, self-forgiveness. 🤍

Pro tip: order tissue in bulk or just get some hankies. 

Don’t expect more of or from yourself in this endeavor, pour more of yourself into your creation. 

@Phil thanks Phil. I got a whole two weeks until I officially start working 40 hours a week for my new job. 

so thatll give me about 14 days to detox from substances. This is what I want. 

I noticed I use substances as a substitute for caring about how I feel.

When I went off of all substances for a few days I was a lot more careful to use the emotional scale and meditate. Because I didn't have any way to escape by getting high.

Edited by Orb

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Orb

Godspeed. 

🙏