Question for Staying in Alignment

Orb

17 hours ago, Orb said:

it a constant practice of keeping an eye on thoughts and allowing thoughts that feel good? 

Wouldn't that be effort? If every second I was making sure aligned thoughts came up?

Till enlightenment, yes. After Enlightenment, no. 

After Enlightenment, joy and love will take over. Because you will be super less.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 hours ago, James123 said:

Till enlightenment, yes. After Enlightenment, no. 

After Enlightenment, joy and love will take over. Because you will be super less.

That's what it seems like. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

10 minutes ago, James123 said:

Enlightenment chops the head of the self. 

Yay

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

7 hours ago, Orb said:

@Phil another way to go up the scale is to express appreciation. 

What if I'm appreciating the hell out of this moment, like on my knees bowing in appreciation? 😂

That might work for a dramatic guy like me 🙂.

Appreciative thoughts are aligned & feel better, for sure. But the ‘what if’ is still a framing of someone getting feeling in a future as a result of something. It’s based on false assumption. The what if is really what if I do… and that’s the seeking / aversion, and that’s what keeps the mind busy, that’s the activity of thought to meditatively rest & the underlying emotions & interpretations to be expressed and untangle.

When the mind isn’t busy, the underlying nondual Good appearing as the dualistic thoughts is more obvious identity wise. It’s like looking at the sun through clouds, looking at the sun, and looking as the sun. As a reference of the busyness or obscuring of thought, no mind isn’t a thought or a state but is already the actuality. The ‘view’ is already as the sun, and has never not been. 

The untangling of interpretation is overall & fundamentally self, experience & identity. Pointing terms… transmutation, metamorphosis… and happened to me, happened, isn’t happening, and nothing’s happening (the truth, non-interpretation). 

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

Appreciative thoughts are aligned & feel better, for sure. But the ‘what if’ is still a framing of someone getting feeling in a future as a result of something. It’s based on false assumption. The what if is really what if I do… and that’s the seeking / aversion, and that’s what keeps the mind busy, that’s the activity of thought to meditatively rest & the underlying emotions & interpretations to be expressed and untangle.

When the mind isn’t busy, the underlying nondual Good appearing as the dualistic thoughts is more obvious identity wise. It’s like looking at the sun through clouds, looking at the sun, and looking as the sun. As a reference of the busyness or obscuring of thought, no mind isn’t a thought or a state but is already the actuality. The ‘view’ is already as the sun, and has never not been. 

The untangling of interpretation is overall & fundamentally self, experience & identity. Pointing terms… transmutation, metamorphosis… and happened to me, happened, isn’t happening, and nothing’s happening (the truth, non-interpretation). 

This is taming the ox 😮. It all makes sense! 

Well appreciation will still be allowed. I'm stepping "out" into the outer world, connecting with people and serving them, which is no different than loving myself since there's no inside or outside. Been going to church more and I will begin serving there tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Orb said:

This is taming the ox 😮. It all makes sense! 

image.gif.2c6f533ee8cb5897b77b3b4d308c80d5.gif

1 minute ago, Orb said:

Well appreciation will still be allowed. I'm stepping "out" into the outer world, connecting with people and serving them, which is no different than loving myself since there's no inside or outside. Been going to church more and I will begin serving there tomorrow. 

image.gif.298b0e64a5035f83c43eb6e8ea40f731.gif

@Phil can I stop using all substances and just go to the emotional scale? Seriously, I'm willing to do it. I spent the remaining money I had left again on substances and I'm back to a negative bank balance 🙃 

9 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

@Orb I agree with Phil.

Would you say that you're experiencing drug addiction? As in how in AA or NA people say something like "Hi, my name is x and I'm an addict"? 🤔

I have a tendency to use substances to numb discordant thoughts. I can tell. 

21 minutes ago, Orb said:

I have a tendency to use substances to numb discordant thoughts. I can tell. 

Yeah me too. Alcohol & nicotine. Used to smoke weed too, but I quit after I spent some time in psych ward due to weed + shrooms psychotic episode.

Might not be to numb discordant thoughts per se, but that one goes for whatever it is to find more aligned thoughts. Maybe there is nothing special or magical about the substance that makes you feel better, but the thoughts about consuming them is what feels more aligned, and you keep coming back.

I suppose in our situation the best would be social support.

Do you got any friends / relationships without substances where you can open up?

I remember you mentioning you live somewhere quite conservative / christian space. What about taking in the best of that? Can you just go to a church or something and open up about what's going on with you? I bet that 'stage blue' stuff can be quite welcoming & healing in a certain way.

What I'm saying is that forums like this, even though it's awesome, doesn't really supplement for a "real-life" connection. I got a feeling that in situations like this, more 'physical' social connections are important. Do you have anyone to talk about this face-to-face?

There must be an effortless way.

@Blessed2 yep that makes sense, I've started getting more plugged in to my local church and it's been great. Im part of 2 mens groups and im serving every Sunday now. It's amazing for networking and making friends. 

It's great for working the stage yellow muscles, being able to tap into another perspective without getting triggered.