Question for Staying in Alignment

Orb

If you're using Esther's scale which she barely even speaks of or mentions yet mentions 15 minutes of meditation as the primary "technique" to use, does it make sense why you're putting the cart before the horse? Start the day with 15 minutes of meditation, no excuses. No flashy "oh this is more exciting" and THEN TELL US WHY MEDITATION IS SUPERIOR. 😂 I love you, but geez Orb.

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy meditation is superior imo 😌 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

@Mandy but I need something to punch, I need a way to just let out my inner craziness.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

3 minutes ago, Mandy said:

🙂 🤦‍♀️ So meditate first thing in the morning, instead of telling me that meditation is superior.

Fine, I just wanted to do the emotional scale first bc I was so excited.

Just now, Orb said:

Fine, I just wanted to do the emotional scale first bc I was so excited.

No acting on excitement until after first thing morning meditation. Then write five things that are important to you that day, do some exercise, drink a big glass of water or lemon water and a good breakfast. Then it can be pure excitement and uninhibited fuckery from there if you like. Maybe brush your teeth at some point too, I dunno. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Orb said:

@Phil there are some environmental triggers that have nothing to do with thought. Like I Used the scale and felt positive expectation but when people pass by a adrenaline response comes up. 

Environmental triggers & adrenaline response are thoughts. Conceptualizations of emotion(s). 

There seems to be those things - which are not me, only via believing, those thoughts. 

That ‘me’ is the separate self of thought. 

Innocence is absolute, only seemingly obscured by thoughts… like that’s mom (not me), that’s a teacher (not me), that’s a classroom (not me), that’s people (not me).

Innocence, being absolute, is never lost, has never actually moved, and is presence. 

(‘Questions for staying in alignment’)

Alignment is that of thoughts with feeling.

Alignment is not about a separate self staying in alignment. That’s trying to bend the spoon and it is indeed impossible. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/aligning-thought-with-feeling

1 hour ago, Orb said:

@Phil a think a good distinction to make is between emotion and primal instinctive reactions. Like if a bear is chasing me the fear response has nothing to do with thoughts lol 

Fear response is a conceptualization (thought) about the emotion fear (felt).

What’s suggested with respect to using the scale is quite simple. What seems to be difficult is acknowledging what’s being added to the suggestion.

This is ideal however, not problematic. 

Neo: “Why do my eyes hurt?”

Morpheus: “Because you’ve never used them before”. 

@Phil I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs, punching something, running until I pass out. 

I don't agree with the environmental triggers just being thoughts. I have to use thoughts to communicate but in the moment there weren't any thoughts about people, the fear just came up.

@Phil I followed all the rules this morning, how come it didn't work? 

The scale annoys me so much, I feel better not thinking about it honestly.

Edited by Orb

1 hour ago, Orb said:

@Phil there's a bit of a tug of war going on. 

Positive thoughts like "It's all working out." Don't feel as good as I thought they would. I went for a walk earlier and used the emotional scale and made it to optimism, but the heat of the sun and the body being sweaty was too much to feel good about anything. 

Pessimistic thoughts like "this is bs its not gonna work" feel a lot more pronounced compared to the more positive thoughts. I'm just disappointed because I read your emotional scale page and I expected to be high as fuck from getting to optimism, I was expecting to be in another dimension of complete happiness. 

Discordant & aligned point to how thoughts feel. 

Positive & negative are thoughts - about thoughts

The comparison is a thought. 

“I’m disappointed” is not quite the same as “I’m experiencing disappointment”. There’s nothing wrong with expectations, but the scale is about emotions & not about ‘a myself’. 

The suggestions for using the scale are actually very straightforward & simplistic. What seems to be complicating is what’s being added to the suggestions. 

@Phil well I tried to use the scale and it didn't go as planned. I took some kratom and now I'm feeling way better. 

I prefer more physical means of feeling better. I think martial arts and exercise are gonna be really helpful for me. 

I don't like things that rely solely on thoughts, there's no juice in any of it for me. When im doing cardio the blood is rushing through my body, my hearts racing, I feel ALIVE!!!!

@Phil would you agree that certain fundamentals are required before getting into this more spiritual stuff? 

I went to church group a few days ago and experienced the stage blue stuff and I was in bliss, like feeling the whole moment, no locality. 

I love the more normal human stuff more than emotional scale. 

I feel good cooking for my mom, serving my community, being open to different perspectives, improving my dating life. 

That all feels better than when I use the scale and I don't know why. 

You seem to always be filled with joy and it perplexes me lol. 

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs, punching something, running until I pass out. 

It’s so much easier to acknowledge emotions. Zero repercussions. ‘Your life’ as it were, stays on track with wanted (preferences). Conscious creating.  

Extrapolate this out to creation. Imagine… non-violence, literal non-projection - harmlessness. Notice this need not be imagined as this is already the case, and likewise, added to. 

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

I don't agree with the environmental triggers just being thoughts. I have to use thoughts to communicate but in the moment there weren't any thoughts about people, the fear just came up.

That environmental trigger is not something we could look at (perception), and is not a separate object found in sensation, and that it seems we could agree or disagree about it, is more than ample evidence it’s a thought / conceptualization. The conceptualization is aversion, or, an other-than simply acknowledging emotion(s). 

@Phil okay fine! 🤯😮‍💨

im gonna use kratom still but ill use the scale, when do i use the scale? And how do i know when to stop? 

oh my god I'm already feeling stressed just thinking about it.

15 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil I followed all the rules this morning, how come it didn't work? 

“Rules” is added. 

The you of earlier this morning is a thought, presently. That isn’t you, that is a thought.

If you’re in a past, what is present & aware of the thought about a you in a past? 

15 minutes ago, Orb said:

The scale annoys me so much, I feel better not thinking about it honestly.

Same scenario. 

If this tool or that doesn’t click, by all means explore other avenues. But do no harm. Allow your life to stay on track. These tantrums come & go. 

@Orb

Emotions are felt with thoughts about the scale too. 

The underlying belief is ‘something’s wrong with me’ / ‘I’m not enough’ in one way or another. 

The wonderfully confounding truth is that’s a belief about you and not you, and the obviousness is of course how the belief(s) feels. 

The more emotions are acknowledged the more the belief is dispelled and revealed to never have been true. 

Everything added to the suggestions with using the scale are defendings of the underlying belief. 

The sheer arrogance that you know something, anything at all about you - is the innocence that you are. 

It is not your fault brother. It never was. Infinite simply can not know finite. 

This is The Good News. 

The Message. 

🤍

@Phil another way to go up the scale is to express appreciation. 

What if I'm appreciating the hell out of this moment, like on my knees bowing in appreciation? 😂

That might work for a dramatic guy like me 🙂.