Do we really know anything?

Forza21

It seems like reality is a magician that can appear as whatever it likes with no limits whatsoever, right?

so how do we even know that it's really infinite being/unconditional love? Could it be another framework/believe ?

there are like BILLION theories what reality is all about, all kind of ISM (materialism, idealism, solipsism/Catholicism...till infinity) 

there are like BILLION theories what happens after death

ALSO people which say that reality is INFINITE CONSCIOUSNESS and people which are into spirituality as well, who  says it's yet another stage/beliefs. 

and all those people, believing whatever, ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE that their framework is correct.

And we, by nature, are picky - we tend to believe what we like, and dismiss what we don't like.

Is there any way to actually know anything?

Edited by Forza21

4 hours ago, Forza21 said:

It seems like reality is a magician that can appear as whatever it likes with no limits whatsoever, right?

so how do we even know that it's really infinite being/unconditional love? Could it be another framework/believe ?

there are like BILLION theories what reality is all about, all kind of ISM (materialism, idealism, solipsism/Catholicism...till infinity) 

ALSO people which say that reality is INFINITE CONSCIOUSNESS and people which are into spirituality as well, who  says it's yet another stage/beliefs. 

and all those people, believing whatever, ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE that their framework is correct.

And we, by nature, are picky - we tend to believe what we like, and dismiss what we don't like.

Anything you say i say, they say or others says is just a personal opinion. Has nothing to do with Truth. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

5 hours ago, Forza21 said:

The magician is the magic, the magic is the magician. Similar to a nighttime dream; the dreamer is the dream and the dream is the dreamer. 

Infinite would indeed mean without any limitation whatsoever, as any limitation, assertion or opposition would be other than infinite. 

But what are the inherent implications of infinite? If infinite be’s a world for example, how does infinite experience a world, given that there isn’t a world because infinite is, infinite?

There is no actual experience of we know. There’s seemingly an experience of know. Yet, that experience is of the thought ‘I know’. That I isn’t found in perception or sensation, only in thought. What about that which is aware of, conscious of the thought ‘I’, and or ‘I know’? 

Self Inquiry

Ism’s by default of being ism’s are, ism’s. A thought (ism) cannot be the absolute truth, as consciousness is conscious of, the thought ‘ism’, just like the thoughts ‘I’ & ‘I know’. 

Who could know that there is death? (They’d be dead)

Death is based on the assumptions ‘I was born’ & ‘something’s happening’; neither have ever actually been experienced. Thoughts about may be experienced, but thoughts aren’t experienced as (finite) things. The thought, ‘there are finite things’, isn’t a finite thing. If it seems like it is, just point to it. 

Infinite means no finite. If there is finite, no matter what said finite ‘thing’ is, then there isn’t infinite. 

That reality is infinite consciousness could be experienced as a belief. What’s conscious of that belief? Consciousness. 

By framework, what’s mean is thoughts. Thoughts appear. That the framework is apparent is correct. ‘Framework’ is an apparent thought. 

There’s no experience of ‘we’re picky’. 

What would there be for an infinite being to know? 

Even itself, being infinite, it would already be

When it is said “infinite being” - infinite being would have no idea what you’re talking about. 

If you said to God, “there is a God”, God would be like “uh, maybe, dunno”. 

@Forza21 Instead of questioning Knowing, question the knower, is there someone who knows anything?

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

On 6/14/2023 at 1:25 PM, Someone here said:

Do you realize the paradox here ?

Still true. 

Plain fact that we're ignorant about fundamental stuff. WE're not conscious of what we are, what emotions are, what perception is, what existence is, what another is, what communication is, what sentience is, what an object is. We pretend to know and are in denial of the fact. We gather up assumptions and make up stories but they don't change the ignorance, they add on top of it.

Edited by MetaSage

2 hours ago, MetaSage said:

Still true. 

Plain fact that we're ignorant about fundamental stuff. WE're not conscious of what we are, what emotions are, what perception is, what existence is, what another is, what communication is, what sentience is, what an object is. We pretend to know and are in denial of the fact. We gather up assumptions and make up stories but they don't change the ignorance, they add on top of it.

That's  not what I meant .

You said we don't know anything...isnt that a contradiction?  Because you know that you don't know .

22 hours ago, Someone here said:

That's  not what I meant .

You said we don't know anything...isnt that a contradiction?  Because you know that you don't know .

I don't know, ask Socrates. 😛 

A recognition of one's ignorance. It's a different knowing. It's the human condition. 

Why would it have to be logical? It isn't hard to notice it, despite the apparent contradiction. It gets to your bones and marrow. 😉