How to be more present moment to moment

As the title questions;

How do be more present from moment to moment, and does it get easier with practice? The only way to be more be present, is to be more present it seems, but i have a strong addiction to thoughts.

I can be more present and really be mindful of my task and whats around me. Like really feeling the sensation of the cucumber while i cut it, then being present going to the trash etc. It just feels like something is missing, and i can't stay there long before thoughts take over and takes me somewhere.

Does it become easier with practice, sort of like with meditation. It is kind of meditation.

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

@PhilThanks. I will study it carefully (again) 😃

Now studying is being added too. 🙂

How many moments are there direct experience wise?

What is the experience of the moment that isn’t this moment like? Can you go to it and report on it?

How are you moving from one moment to another moment?

Do thoughts take you over, or is ‘thoughts take me over’… a thought?

Does it feel like something’s missing… or is there the thought ‘something’s missing’… and how that thought feels?

@PhilIts only the present moment. There is no moving from one til the next.

But there seems to be some addiction to focusing on thoughts instead of sensations.

So the question could be rephrased; Does the pull towards thoughts get weakened. But well.. meditation. Yes

There is just how those thoughts feel.

I feel so great recently, but thoughts that i might lose it or "go back" occurs. Its just more thought though and how they feel. Thats great lol

Edited by WhiteOwl

On 5/28/2023 at 11:14 AM, WhiteOwl said:

As the title questions;

How do be more present from moment to moment, and does it get easier with practice? The only way to be more be present, is to be more present it seems, but i have a strong addiction to thoughts.

I can be more present and really be mindful of my task and whats around me. Like really feeling the sensation of the cucumber while i cut it, then being present going to the trash etc. It just feels like something is missing, and i can't stay there long before thoughts take over and takes me somewhere.

Does it become easier with practice, sort of like with meditation. It is kind of meditation.

Do you want a physical absolute answer that fits anything evolving specifically occupying space for the time its cycle lasts forward now(time)?

Doesn't matter inorganic or ancestral displacement of everything currently here.

5 hours ago, solereproduction said:

Do you want a physical absolute answer that fits anything evolving specifically occupying space for the time its cycle lasts forward now(time)?

Doesn't matter inorganic or ancestral displacement of everything currently here.

I have no idea what you are asking me. So i will thank no. All the best

On 5/29/2023 at 2:21 PM, heartdominance said:

Concentration power and self-knowledge are highly underrated. Imagine a consciousness that cannot regulate its attention in any way, much worse without the wisdom to slowly grow it and you will discover a consciousness who's power and knowledge it possesses is in the hands of its distractions.

"Concentration power" really is important. I just started a really practice of focused attention exercises 🙂 

Continue the mindfulness and meditations 🙂 The thoughts will appear to distract you or instill fear because they are old fear-based programs that are crumbling away. Don't dwell or attach to them too much or you will empower and prolong them, instead let them come, let them go, remain in being present.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

On 6/3/2023 at 8:35 AM, Pluto said:

Continue the mindfulness and meditations 🙂 The thoughts will appear to distract you or instill fear because they are old fear-based programs that are crumbling away. Don't dwell or attach to them too much or you will empower and prolong them, instead let them come, let them go, remain in being present.

Yes ❤️ Thank you

On 6/1/2023 at 5:52 AM, heartdominance said:

Yeah if you come up with something really smart don't keep it to yourself share with everyone.

Sure, its nothing fancy. 

This, and looking at an object intensely for 2 minutes. Its harder than it sounds.

19 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Yes ❤️ Thank you

Sure, its nothing fancy. 

This, and looking at an object intensely for 2 minutes. Its harder than it sounds.

yeah good stuff, there's there are these relationships between perception, awareness, experience and the phenomenological state and experience of mind that are really fascinating, good work.