Health and nutrition mega thread

7 high-protein vegetables which are as good as eating eggs

1. Broccoli

Broccoli is high in protein, low in fat, and low in calories. It’s an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, all supporting good health. Folate, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, and vitamins K and C are all found in broccoli. It also includes glucosinolates, which have been demonstrated to combat cancer.

2. Peas

Peas are a rich source of vegetable protein and fiber. In fact, these little treats have less fat and cholesterol. Peas are also high in manganese, copper, phosphorus, folate, zinc, iron, and magnesium. They also include phytonutrients like coumestrol, which can help prevent stomach cancer. If you have not yet included peas in your diet, now is the time. Peas are great in curries, salads, and other dishes.

3. Kale

Kale is another excellent plant-based protein source. It also includes phenolic chemicals, which provide it antioxidant benefits. Kale may be readily steamed, boiled, or sauteed and consumed on a regular basis for optimal benefit.

Kale contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as vitamins K, C, A, and B6, calcium, potassium, manganese, and magnesium. It also includes lutein and zeaxanthin, which have been linked to a lower risk of cataracts and macular degeneration, respectively.

4. Sweet corn

You might be surprised but sweet corn is also a vegetable! Sweet corn is low in fat and high in protein, meeting roughly 9 per cent of the protein you need every day. Corn also contains thiamine, vitamins C and B6, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, and magnesium. Corns may be used to make sandwiches, soups, and salads to help you stay healthy.

5. Cauliflower

Cauliflower has a high protein content. This adaptable vegetable may be used in several cuisines. Cauliflower contains sinigrin in addition to potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, vitamins C and K, and iron. This glucosinolate molecule may have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effects.

6. Spinach

Spinach is thought to be one of the richest in nutrients leafy green vegetables. Protein, together with necessary amino acids, is claimed to contribute 30 per cent of its calories. Spinach is the second richest source of protein in vegetables. It contains nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C, which help to maintain an effective immune system, protect eyesight, and promote healthy blood flow, among other things.

7. Brussel sprouts

Brussels sprouts combine fiber and protein with a variety of vitamins and minerals to keep you full and fed. Not to mention the health advantages, which range from brain sharpness to cancer prevention and blood pressure reduction.

So ladies what are you waiting for? Add these protein-rich vegetables to your diet and enjoy the benefits!

Edited by Cupcake

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.