Yoga

noomii

@noomii

Connotations really. Yoga (Unity) points to unifying, so I suppose it’s that some are oriented that way and some aren’t. Meditation is usually framed as clearing the mind. But that’s unifying as well, as it’s only the activity of thought that seems to impose there are two (to unify). 

YouTube  Website  Sessions

Careful with doing Yoga with teachers that are speaking while/during the practice. It's can actually damage the system since while the practice your energetic body its more receptive and sensible. 

Fortunately a lot of teachers now in the west are realising the absurdity of it and lots of them actually have no option but to quit their jobs. Most Yoga here it's just a gymnastics game. Forget that any of this kind of yoga will awaken anything profound.  

Overall, you won't learn Yoga from Youtube, it's just not possible. You can learn to do postures, not Yoga.

Edited by ConsciousDreamer666

9 hours ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Careful with doing Yoga with teachers that are speaking while/during the practice. It's can actually damage the system since while the practice your energetic body its more receptive and sensible. 

Fortunately a lot of teachers now in the west are realising the absurdity of it and lots of them actually have no option but to quit their jobs. Most Yoga here it's just a gymnastics game. Forget that any of this kind of yoga will awaken anything profound.  

Overall, you won't learn Yoga from Youtube, it's just not possible. You can learn to do postures, not Yoga.

Please share the Yoga practice you're pointing to and how to learn it.

For me Youtube have been helpful with learning Pranayama practices. I do enjoy lying on the floor in deep stretches but it doesn't help me much. 

I've tried a bit Kundalini yoga (by Yogi Bhajan I think) with teachers in person. I didn't really like the rigidity of it so I didn't feel so drawn to it. I guess there are other ways of practicing Kundalini yoga too, I don't know much about it.

I have heard of some Kriya Yoga book too, I watched some guy on youtube who showed the practices briefly and I didn't feel so drawn to it either as it seemed so rigid and that a lot of discipline was needed.

2 hours ago, noomii said:

Please share the Yoga practice you're pointing to and how to learn it.

For me Youtube have been helpful with learning Pranayama practices. I do enjoy lying on the floor in deep stretches but it doesn't help me much. 

I've tried a bit Kundalini yoga (by Yogi Bhajan I think) with teachers in person. I didn't really like the rigidity of it so I didn't feel so drawn to it. I guess there are other ways of practicing Kundalini yoga too, I don't know much about it.

I have heard of some Kriya Yoga book too, I watched some guy on youtube who showed the practices briefly and I didn't feel so drawn to it either as it seemed so rigid and that a lot of discipline was needed.

The thing is Yogic practices have to be 'transmutted' to you with some energy from the teacher or Guru. Then they become powerful. 

If the teacher its not enlightened the practices won't be do much for you. Back in the days Yoguis would be learning a single technique for years, to actually learn it properly. Nowadays look around, people teaching 20 asanas in 1 hour. Its ludicrous.

Yoga its so complex and subtle that Yoguis would only practice one single Asana, and master it completely. It would be enough to attaining enlightment, only with one Asana. 

The only one who I´ve found legit its Sadhguru practices. They teach 1 online in their inner engineering course, although it's more of a Kriya rather than yoga. I think all of their yoga programs are teacher in person. 

1 hour ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

The thing is Yogic practices have to be 'transmutted' to you with some energy from the teacher or Guru. Then they become powerful. 

If the teacher its not enlightened the practices won't be do much for you. Back in the days Yoguis would be learning a single technique for years, to actually learn it properly. Nowadays look around, people teaching 20 asanas in 1 hour. Its ludicrous.

Yoga its so complex and subtle that Yoguis would only practice one single Asana, and master it completely. It would be enough to attaining enlightment, only with one Asana. 

The only one who I´ve found legit its Sadhguru practices. They teach 1 online in their inner engineering course, although it's more of a Kriya rather than yoga. I think all of their yoga programs are teacher in person. 

I don't really care about needing the most legit practice or needing transmuted energy. I just want to relax and feel good.

55 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Since everyone is enlightened except the believed separate self, I guess you're golden. 

37 minutes ago, noomii said:

I don't really care about needing the most legit practice or needing transmuted energy. I just want to relax and feel good.

Then I suggest Exercise more than Yoga. Honestly Yoga if done properly gives you incredible amounts of energy, it's not the best practice to relax. But...To not be such as an asshole (lol), I still give you a proper answer if you still want to try:

- Siddhasana (with your hands downside touching your knees)

and

- Savasana

Research, practice, master just those two poses. You can get very intense relaxation states in your body with only those two.

55 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Since everyone is enlightened except the believed separate self, I guess you're golden. 

Fair enough. I meant more than the teacher has a certain realization-awareness, etc...stability. 

In other words, the teacher must have selfless energy to initiate someone into a Kriya. 

Edited by ConsciousDreamer666