an assumption regarding spiritual path-ing

Blessed2

This one is really hard to put into words. Sorry if this post is written in a weird way.

The assumption I'm pointing to has to do with doubt.

It's this thought of doubt, "is my spiritual progress or insight legit if x".

You might be feeling really good and aligned, and then comes a thought "if I'd get a cancer diagnosis and heard I had 1 month to live, would I be afraid? If I was afraid, this spiritual progress wouldn't be legit."

"True spiritual insight would mean I wouldn't be afraid of anything and nothing would upset me. That means my spiritual achievement or insight isn't real because I would feel suffering in a situation x."

Do you see what I'm saying?

This sort of manipulative doubt. Either you talking to yourself or someone else talking to someone else.

You go to your Spiritual Teacher™ all happy & aligned, tell them you've been feeling good. "I've been needlessly worried, death is just a thought! None of this is so serious!"

And Spiritual Teacher™ goes, "come tell me that when your mother dies or you get a cancer diagnosis. Let's see then how peaceful you are and how legit your insight is. Would Ramana Maharshi been upset in that situation?"

It's quite subtle assumption, thought-attachment and separate selvery but it IS assumption, thought-attachment and separate selvery. Subtle manipulation.

Sound familiar?

There must be an effortless way.

👍 Great post.

Don't mistake your superego for your spiritual teacher tm(how'd you do the trademark thing?😂). All just thoughts, you're already free. The thought that "I wouldn't be able to handle this if it happened in the future" is a microcosm of the whole, by that I mean all the suffering contained within and in relation to that undesirable event is ALL present in that one presently occurring thought. 😳

Youtube Channel  

42 minutes ago, Mandy said:

how'd you do the trademark thing?

https://symbolsdb.com/

On websites like that you can find all sorts of symbols and copy-paste them. Like this fish with a weirldy long face for example: 𓆞

45 minutes ago, Mandy said:

The thought that "I wouldn't be able to handle this if it happened in the future" is a microcosm of the whole, by that I mean all the suffering contained within and in relation to that undesirable event is ALL present in that one presently occurring thought. 😳

That's why the long face I guess. As in a head.

https://acim.org/acim/lesson-16/i-have-no-neutral-thoughts/en/s/418

This is my lesson for today and I see a bridge to this thread.

As in every thought has effect in the now.

"Besides your recognizing that thoughts are never idle, salvation requires that you also recognize that every thought you have brings either peace or war; either love or fear. ²A neutral result is impossible because a neutral thought is impossible. ³There is such a temptation to dismiss fear thoughts as unimportant, trivial and not worth bothering about that it is essential you recognize them all as equally destructive, but equally unreal."

Ya. Good question. 

It's easy to be all spiritual on retreat, but what happens back at work and with family? 

How do we integrate? 

If I did receive cancer diagnosis, or there's an evil alien invasion, I hope to respond appropriately. There might be some crying or screaming too, I dunno. I think it's allowed. 

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” ― The Buddha

21 minutes ago, Aware Wolf said:

Good question. 

No not a good question! Assumption, thought-attachment and separate selvery!

The intention here was to bring to light the assumption / thought-attachment / separate selvery which creates the doubt.

4 hours ago, Aware Wolf said:

It's easy to be all spiritual on retreat, but what happens back at work and with family? 

How do we integrate? 

That's my life, in a nutshell, lol

yeah, it's really annoying and stupid losing your spiritual energy and the light of pure energy.

it always happens this way I return to family and friends and get into fights and shit until I lose my soul.

4 hours ago, Aware Wolf said:

How do we integrate? 

Reach a point where your energy is so strong you can't lose it when you're around people.

IDK but there is always a choice to fight

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

23 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

No not a good question! Assumption, thought-attachment and separate selvery!

The intention here was to bring to light the assumption / thought-attachment / separate selvery which creates the doubt.

So good reflection then. 

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” ― The Buddha

I think one of the reasons psychedelics are important is because they expose you to death, and then things get real fast.  Once one knows death, they can live life paradoxically.  But you don't need psychedelics for this.  When your body dies you will watch your body die.  The physical body dying doesn't necessarily mean all of you dies.