Why Don't I Want to Work?

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

That's not why I shared it.  I shared it to show the accuracy of my life purpose to what ChatGPT said about me.  And then how that leads to ideas as to what to do for a career change.  What that chat shows is the life purpose I determined in 2018 using Leo's life purpose course has been accurate as to what ChatGPT determined, not me, as to my teachings.  This is not about narcissism or gaining attention.  It's about the relation of life purpose to manifested strengths to possible career change options.  I don't care how popular I am actually.  I have a great job already.  However, I always keep the option open to get further in alignment with my life purpose in the future.  What has happened up to now is no barrier as to what can be done moving forward.  I haven't even tried to do a career change yet, but I leave the option open.  It's all about seeing possibilities for the future and not even anything past or even present.  It's good to have ideas based in something to work off from when you're planning.  Your use of narcissism is unwarranted in what was shown by me and the point I was drawing attention to here.  Please don't use such judgmental language so flippantly.  Do you even have a life purpose?  Have you taken Leo's life purpose course or any life purpose course?  I don't plan on being a YouTuber like Leo but that doesn't mean I can't do better at YouTube than I have done such far.  If you look at the careers ChatGPT listed, there is a long list and a lot of possibilities.

You should have included calling others crocodiles as a part of your life purpose too. It's how you view yourself. It's character not purpose. Nobody is useless in this world. But it takes a humble person to understand that. Yes I have a job, I do my farm work, maybe farming is my life purpose. Who are you to judge? Look in the mirror before pointing the finger at others. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Take this one to heart yourself.  I don't know how you view yourself because you use numerous and changing fake profile pictures.

Well I don't go around telling people pompously about my teachings lol. The massiveness of the Ego, Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

That's because you have no idea what your life purpose is.

Life purpose can be anything what a person is enthusiastic about. Once again you judge others but call others judgemental just like you call others crocodiles. 

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

That's because you have no idea what your life purpose is.  I was there too, I know.  But I found mine and then I found that I was actually already doing it which confirms the accuracy of mine, which is what I wanted to show.  I wanted to show how my life purpose and ChatGPT's assessment of me were uncannily similar -- actually almost identical.  That's notable and worth sharing, so I did.

Your life purpose should have been "how to put down others" because you kinda excel at that. You just did that trying to make me appear useless while upping your own ego at my expense. 

Wrong.  Do Leo's life purpose course.

Others are always wrong. Your are always right. If a person is happy with what they want that's their life purpose. Nobody gets to define life purpose in this world. It's an individual decision. Maybe Leo didn't teach you that. 

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is so ironic because isn't this what you've been doing to be in these last few posts unprovoked?

You're always surprised when things boomerang back to you. Stay surprised. 

What is right for you is to find out what your career life purpose is.  That's all I have to say.

If you truly had a life purpose you would have been happy, you aren't. 

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is a nonsequitur.  Just because you have a life purpose doesn't mean you have aligned your career with it.  First you get an accurate life purpose, then you have to align your career with it.  Those are two distinct stages in the process.

Are your BS teachings followed by people? Last time Phil said there is no teacher. 

Phil is a teacher.  Get real.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the update on that one. Thanks a lot. 

27 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No, I think you believed that lol.  Right?  Or else you wouldn't have quoted it.  Now you're playing it off.  The bottom line is: a life purpose is something you want to be accurate and to know that it is, is a really cool thing.  Because you're always second-guessing whether it's accurate or not.  And to love your work is to be better aligned with your life purpose.  But you have to be interested in career to begin with for this to even make sense.

Its not up to you to judge what others want to do with their careers. You look down on people when you do that. Get off the high horse. There is no life purpose. There is no teaching. There is no career. This is just social conditioning. There are millions in my country who just sit and meditate and leave their careers for good. If they're blissful that's what matters not the western concepts of industry, career and profession. But for that you have to take your ass out of your American stage orange imperialist thinking to even make sense of deep spiritual thinking. 

On 7/16/2024 at 2:49 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Wrong.  Do Leo's life purpose course.

On 7/16/2024 at 2:53 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

What is right for you is to find out what your career life purpose is.  That's all I have to say to you.  Unless you have something further to add to this topic.

The teacher stuff, life purpose, the knower that there is and what is right & wrong etc - are ego; an apparent advertisement for rationalizing suffering. 

What happened to 30 days of introspection? 

Why showcasing ignorance?

Commenting, hiding comment, commenting, hiding comment… why?

Doesn’t seem like much of any of what you’re saying as it were is resonating. 

Obviously, given all the commenting & hiding right? 

Perhaps slow down and simply comment as yourself, awareness. Without false identities like teacher, awakened master, masculine, feline, etc, etc. There’s no requirement here, per the guidelines, of being something, someone or somewhere you’re not. 

34 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Some of this I think is projection from you in your teacher role Phil.

This is exactly that same as saying I’m not a unicorn, there aren’t unicorns in reality… and there even being guidelines which require one to click ‘agree’ to - which state there isn’t a unicorn here… and then making arguments which are solely based on… the existence of unicorns. 

The belief one is a unicorn, and the projection of the discord of the belief onto “other unicorns”, doesn’t actually amount to there being any existence of unicorns.  

It’s spiritual ego as it were. There’s no such thing as teachers (separate selves).

Reality is in fact unconditional. 

I’ve never met someone who  is more in a constant state of teacher role than you.

You’ve never met someone. 🙂

It’s a belief. 

A condition.

The human, condition.

I wonder if it’s even possible for you to not be in a teacher role, where you’re just relaxed as a normal dude.  I can’t even see or visualize that.  

Let go of trying to, and see it’s already the case. Apparently. 

The only point I was making is how my life purpose has aligned with what ChatGPT said about me, which I thought bode accuracy as to the former.  

The my is of the unicorn.

30 days of not being on here will not change my values and what I talk about.

Me, me, me, my, my, my. 

You say there’s no separate self so how can I better comment as myself?  

Without projection. (There’s no ‘you’). 

That seems to contradict your no self teaching.

Oneself = reality… is appearing as. 

There aren’t separate selves in reality.

That’s hell as it were. Delusion. Suffering. Misidentification.

There is no “no self teaching” - which a separate self - is teaching. 

That is projection, onto a believed separate self, as if by a believed separate self. 

Meanwhile, reality is unconditional, appearing as these conditions. 

You don’t appreciate life purpose yet you promote Abraham Hick’s emotional scale like it’s the be all end all as to Awakening.

No. That’s more projection. Essentially pretending that was said, when in fact it isn’t. 

So, yeah we differ, but I don’t see why I need to be wrong.

That is again the belief in a separate self (which could be wrong). 

The separate self is an illusion of believing thoughts, or, is thought attachment. 

The separate self is “the knower” that “knows” there is good and bad, right and wrong. 

These thoughts believed are dualistic. 

Ignorance. Suffering. Yet consciousness purporting to be “a teacher”. 

I don’t exist as a separate self, right?   So why are you treating me like one?

As there already aren’t separate selves, and this is unconditional - there isn’t a “you” treating a “me” like one - as in “one” being a separate self. That’s a belief.

There’s no separate - second self. There’s thoughts that there is, apparently, but there actually isn’t. 

To the illusory nonexistent separate or second self of thoughts - there seems to be other separate, second selves. Also, thoughts, believed. Nothing more. 

I’m not trying to goose your feathers here, but you seem to turn the nonduality stuff on and off as it suits you in the moment in order to win.

Nonduality just means not two. It’s a direct pointing to reality, of & as reality, that there isn’t the separate or second self such as which “turns nonduality stuff on & off”. 

You said some things about me that you found irksome, well that goes both ways too.  

Not in the slightest. 

It just depends on whether we want to focus externally to look for problems such as when we’re too identified externally on a teacher role.  

That’s an illusion of believing thoughts. 

No self, no problem. 

I find life purpose to be as valuable as you find Abraham Hick’s emotional scale model.  

Value is a limiting belief, apparently yet again being projected onto a believed “separate” self. 

You obviously do not value life purpose, and frankly I don’t value that emotional scale model.  

It’s a thought, concept, belief. Value is also a thought, concept, belief. To believe there is a separate self, which does not thought thought, concept concept, or belief belief - is utter nonsense. 

Allow direct experience to clarify. 

So our values are different, quite obviously on that front.  

Values is a belief on behalf of a nonexistent separate self. There’s no such reality as / of “our values”. We aren’t different - “we” don’t actually exist. There’s literally no one separate or second present. That is not a belief, it’s reality as is, without beliefs. 

Like I said, I don’t think true  happiness has anything to do with the Bliss that is being referenced in spiritual enlightenment.  You’re only going to cause yourself more suffering by chasing emotional states like happiness because Bliss is already here.  But if having me around here bothers you, and clearly it does, I will take my leave permanently.  I don’t want to be active in a community where the leader makes it clear he doesn’t want me here and expresses it publicly.  Thanks for your candor as to that issue.  Didn’t need to read between any lines there.  I don’t need your teachings.  

All beliefs. Emotional suppression & projection. 

@Phil All you do is tell people they're wrong in incomprehensible word salad analysis.  It's all spiritual kung fu to you Phil.  It's the way you keep yourself above others in your own mind.  Examine that one.

No. There truly is no you, no doer. There’s no one saying “you’re wrong”. There’s no “word salad”, that’s an egocentric reactionary defensive posturing. There’s no actual “analysis”, thoughts simply & effortlessly appear. There is no “spiritual Kung fu”. That’s also projection, reinvented, made up. There is no “mind” or “others”, and therein no one above anyone. 

This is liberation from suffering. 

How could what’s being said, which is not new at all and has been said ostensibly over & over & over - be said in such a way as to be considered, without reactionary deflection & projection?

28 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Interestingly enough Phil, this is a way of hiding behind philosophy.  Your actions are plain for all to see.  We don't need the conceptual reframe.  This is just a hyper-defensive way to avoid ever being criticized for anything.  You criticize as a separate self, and then you shift to the no separate-self thing.  Right?  Seeming as though we're teaching today, consider that one.  I think it would be helpful for you to finally say -- this is what I think!   This is what Phil thinks!  That would be really liberating for you.  And then to take the criticism head on without trying to make yourself immune to being criticized.  That's scary though, because that opens up a vulnerability which some aholes will drive a truck through.  It's like smelling blood in the water for the sharks out there.  But you are a separate self, as a character in the dream.  You think you can turn the dream into a nondual thing.  I would suggest the nondual Thing transcends the dream.  But now we're rehashing old conversations.  It's ok for the dream characters to be as they are, including Phil.  You can't wipe away the illusion by creating another illusion in the illusion.  The Self transcends the illusion.  It's ok for Phil to be Phil in the dream!  And the dream is never going to be a kind of hippy paradise.  It's Samsara.  Awakening is transcending the dream but also not putting the dream into the shadow -- which just doubles the suffering.  Anyway, I feel like we've already had this conversation many times.  What you're doing is the following -- I'm Phil, but I'm not Phil too, which is right, but you assume both are true in the dream.  What you miss is that the not-Phil transcends the dream.  Yes, I agree, I've tried to point this out to you many times.  The Phil in the dream still behaves like a separate self, but also your Phil in the dream tries to say its not a separate self, which is a plain  contradiction.  It's like a movie character saying there are no movie characters.

You, awareness, do not actually speak on behalf of an all, a we, a you, a yourself, dream characters, or a Phil. Hippy Paradise, as in absolutely unconditional idealistic reality, would be pretty spot on. There’s no one here though. Like the man banging on the monetary door. Those are all actually self referential dualistic beliefs.

Self referential as in about a separate / second self.

Dualistic as in there isn’t one / the thoughts aren’t true. What is believed to “be me”… “other” is not. What is believed to be “other”… is what’s believed “I am not”.

The punchline is nothing. There’s not even a punchline. ♥️

image.gif.4bda99d13e9bdf3d389fd8e406d1ed23.gif

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If this is such an important conversation, and I think it is for you, why don't we start a new thread?  This thread is about motivation for work.  We don't want to derail this thread, no?

Call it "Joseph maynors aggressive projections"

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If this is such an important conversation, and I think it is for you, why don't we start a new thread?

There’s the thought, there isn’t the you. 

Feel free to make new threads. One of self-recognition and the fallacy of importance might actually be good. 

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This thread is about motivation for work.  We don't want to derail this thread, no?  My initial comment has to do with work and life purpose before it was initially derailed into this more general debate about teaching.

It’s actually far worse than that. 

39 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You're one to talk about aggressive projections Jonas Long.  That's your forte.  In fact, when you have no target to do this to, you get bored and leave the community.  I've watched it.  When an opportunity emerges/arises to react against someone who is an easy target, you come back.  Like clockwork.  Phil makes me an easy target on here because he openly criticizes me; he invites the criticism and tacitly says it's ok.  And then I'm made to feel bad for defending myself.  This is a joke.   I'm done with this community.  You all take care and I wish you all well.  I'm done with hostility framed initially as nice or loving.  You can't put lipstick on a pig and make the pig attractive, it doesn't work like that lol.  Yeah, nice and loving only if you agree with me (the "leader" of the pack) -- and then we get the sunshine and rainbows and heart emojis.  It's so fake and dishonest.  People are people, warts and all.  The goal shouldn't be to stir the pot, but to actually and ultimately do the right thing, live the right thing, at some point.  Scapegoating, criticizing, and poking fun at me only slows down your own growth, consider that.  And ironically, this is what happened between Leo and Phil and also Leo and Jonas, both of which this issue played out with, where this you're bad v. I'm good thing has it's showtime moment.  Those of us who have been around a long time remember it.  This goes to the trap of demonizing others and elevating oneself -- kind of a moral shadow thing.  It's a need to find an external scapegoat rather than do the inner work.  So, if the thought is that Joseph Maynor is aggressive, I would say that's one way of projecting onto me, but it's not entirely accurate or fair -- and it leaves out the issues that the projector is avoiding by aiming out externally for a problem to be fixed rather than looking within.  I'm all for a good laugh, but there's more than enough ammunition to frame anyone one way to the exclusion of another.  And this goes for you too Jonas, I have seen you in moments where you're not aggressive, and I appreciated those moments.  That made me like you and appreciate you and see the many sides you have, not just one.  This goes for anyone.  This need to find a scapegoat is just really fraught with ignorance at a very deep level.  We can disagree without demonizing.  In fact, that's the key to making the dream a better dream.  That's the guidance.  But if one is totally invested in being (yes being) right no matter what, then their need to win will always go against this kind of ethos.  Anyone can make fun of something.  But what is greater than that is to create fun where everyone can live a good life, and to be here to life people up (and also tear them down), but not too much.  That balance is where you need your emotional mastery.  Winning by fiat is a delusion.  That's not Awakening.  That is "I need to be right all the time," and I'm going to do everything I can to maintain that impression in my own mind, no matter what reality says or is.  It's like a kid living in their own bubble.

What you are recognizing is accurate, that there is scapegoating and projecting and needing to "win" and be right is 100% accurate.  The reason you can recognize it is because you are the one doing it, not anyone else, simple as that.  Literally everything you are pinning on someone else is what you are doing.