Investigating Direct Experience & Self-Realization, Awakening, Enlightenment.

Phil

7 hours ago, Orb said:

Good questions to ask during self inquiry:

-In direct experience can any boundaries be felt

-Who is feeling/experiencing this moment?

-Where am I? 

You are nowhere fiuuu 😄 😛. You are experiencing this moment. Direct experience is just a way how to explain your phenomenal experience; mind is like a sponge but no state last forever. When you feel lost just go to sleep or talk to a person that is close to you.

Don't overthink it too much. Stay with people around you. Sleep as much as possible. Drink water.

Dean Kontz says " a great deal of phenomenal experience has been fostered in me a flexibility of the mind and imagination that some might call madness"  

Edited by nurthur11

With respect to direct experience, is there any reference whatsoever of your birth? 

One ‘pointing’ to direct experience is that of awareness; that which is ineffable yet is undeniably aware now, we might say - of these very words.

If there is this experience right now as it were, awareness is inherently  - aware. 

Not a thought or concept of awareness; the ordinary awareness which is present & aware of - thoughts & concepts.  

Awareness is self-evidently aware, yet, awareness may be overlooking the undeniable fact that awareness is - aware. 

One way to clarify that awareness is in fact aware, is to propose the notion, the consideration, that aware is not aware…

… noticing awareness is aware, of thoughts about, awareness not being - aware. 

Therein, awareness is - nondual. 

That is, awareness is aware… and there is never an experience nor occasion is which awareness is not aware. 

If it seems like awareness is not aware - awareness is aware of that thought or concept, about awareness not being - aware. 

Direct experience could be said to be most simply that of awareness aware of; thoughts, perception and sensation. 

Perhaps there is a direct experience of thoughts, of a narrative that you were born:

‘Of course I was born, I’m here aren’t I’. 

‘I have a video of my birth, of being born’. 

‘I might not remember actually being born, but I have many many undeniable memories from childhood, from growing up’.

Returning to the pointing - awareness is aware of: thoughts, perception and sensation:

Is ‘I’m here’ in perception (seeing & hearing)?

Try to point to ‘I’m here’. 

Notice ‘I’m here’ is a thought, expressed. ‘I’m here’ does not actually pan out in that an ‘I’ can not be pointed to. 

This is self-evidently because there is no ‘I’ in direct experience. 

There is an experience of the thought; ‘I’. 

Is ‘I’m here’ in sensation?

Directing awareness inward we might say, into sensation - is an ‘I’m here’ actually found in sensation?

All which is ‘found’ in sensation is - sensation, or, the presence of sensation, or, that sensation simply - is. 

The experience of a video, is that of the thought ‘video’, and perception; seeing & hearing. 

The experience of a video of me being born, is an experience of the thought ‘me being born’, and of perception; seeing & hearing. 

The experience of memories is that of awareness aware of - thoughts - now, and only now.

Again, in honesty - this is undeniable. 

The content of memory (thoughts) may be about a past - yet memory is never actually experienced -in - a past. 

‘The past’, is a thought awareness is aware - of. 

With respect for and honesty about direct experience:

‘I’m here’ are thoughts awareness experiences, about a concept: a self - a second self - implied by thoughts.

Given awareness is present / presence - aware of thoughts - awareness is aware of the thoughts:

‘I’m here’

’I was born’

All the while, and again in honesty - awareness is not aware of having been born nor of being born. 

If in accordance with direct experience, there is actually no experience of being born… 

To whom does ego development, personal development, consciousness work, a path, transcendence, enlightenment and or awakening pertain to?

How is this content exceptional, in that it is not awareness aware of thoughts and perception (seeing & hearing)?

Awareness may be overlooking the undeniable fact that awareness is - aware.

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

@James123

In the spirit of the thread, any pointing(s) to this in direct experience readily available now?

When love increases direct experience becomes more intense, being present in the moment more sensitive, self realization becomes inefficient, enlightenment needs becomes empty, and that's enlightenment. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

On 8/3/2023 at 1:37 PM, Phil said:

@James123

In the spirit of the thread, any pointing(s) to this in direct experience readily available now?

Why is that?  I have discovered in my own investigating that cycles within living are spontaneously working simultaneously here as the whole cycle of life works self containing each reproduction present in the time they occupy space conceived to decomposed.  This discovery contradicts everything I learned about what humanity provides for better tomorrows today in any reality past or present.

Cycles sustain patterns when working in series parallel balancing to space occupying the moment here be it one ancestor or entire food chain native to its atmosphere.

Comparing parts of the whole against the whole processing what arrives next now confuses each lifetime never same total sum of evolving so far again. 

Investigating self evident evolving one must be open to understanding the actual limitations life offers those never asked to be born, just arrived replacing those added their conception to compounding results still occupying time inhabiting space specifically here behaving as going forward living in real timing of adapting to space now.

Edited by solereproduction

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Investigating direct experience essentially dispels beliefs and is the uncovering of truth. 🤍

Like space, time and that you were born as a few examples. 

I wouldn't have been born had I not been specifically conceived by specific persons doing random acts when mutually evolving forward adapting to the moment here simple compounding series parallel actions and reactions add into what the universe is specifically doing now  with everything happening at the same time evolving works as it has into what continues everything operating one detail at a time, combined past to current events.

@solereproduction

Investigate direct experience if interested. What’s being suggested is that you weren’t born and that is impossible. The ‘conceived’, as there is no direct experience of time or a past, is occurring only now, and is an experience of conceptualizing ‘now’ - about time, a past, separation (‘mutually’), and that ‘I was born’. The concept that you were born in a past is a concept which, if it arises at all, arises only presently. Here’s a short video in this regard if interested. 🤍

A nice nonduality pointing is that of only surfaces, nothing ‘behind’ anything. Such as the walls of the room, the skin of the body, etc. Or “nothing is hidden”. 

18 hours ago, Phil said:

@solereproduction

Investigate direct experience if interested. What’s being suggested is that you weren’t born and that is impossible. The ‘conceived’, as there is no direct experience of time or a past, is occurring only now, and is an experience of conceptualizing ‘now’ - about time, a past, separation (‘mutually’), and that ‘I was born’. The concept that you were born in a past is a concept which, if it arises at all, arises only presently. Here’s a short video in this regard if interested. 🤍

A nice nonduality pointing is that of only surfaces, nothing ‘behind’ anything. Such as the walls of the room, the skin of the body, etc. Or “nothing is hidden”. 

Difference between inception as a fiest of a species, conceived a next generation, conceptualizing other ways it sh/w/could happen other than how it is maintaining the current population of ever changing forms ancestrally here living in series parallel time occupying geographically in same atmosphere of a universal point of "existing" now.

Evolving doesn't happen intellectually, navigating between past events, current situation, everything is changing its total sum at the same time.

Kinetics of moving and potential of doesn't happen again and what arrives next, for each part of the whole universe never same details again.  The adapt or become extinct environment any lifetime any universal position faces here.  Natural perpetual motion is balancing outcomes self contained to each reproduction left living forward now in its native environment specifically located by how they behave now.

Promises made, secrets kept, which side chosen cradle to grave for each person evolving from arrived great great grandchild to potentially 1 of 16 great great grandparents 4 more generation gaps added from here.

Evolving isn't a philosophy, now is eternity, subjective evolution is pretending actual life isn't self evidently evolving here one of a kind as eternally separating each species native to this atmosphere.  Past, current, each great great grandchild forward already born and being conceived.

Peace comes with understanding what isn't possible.

Edited by solereproduction
punctuation

22 minutes ago, solereproduction said:

Difference between

In accordance with direct experience all differences are arising thoughts which seem to define perception. The term thought attachment points to the believing of thoughts such that apparent thoughts seem to be true and there seems to be in perception, the difference which arises only in thought. A word which points to this is ignorance. Perhaps in a more intimate pungent sense; assumption, pride, vanity of the mind & arrogance. A word which points to the actuality or liberation of this illusion of ignorance is enlightenment, about or of which of course nothing is known as there is and never was a separate self such as a knower (not two).

3 hours ago, Phil said:

In accordance with direct experience all differences are arising thoughts which seem to define perception. The term thought attachment points to the believing of thoughts such that apparent thoughts seem to be true and there seems to be in perception, the difference which arises only in thought. A word which points to this is ignorance. Perhaps in a more intimate pungent sense; assumption, pride, vanity of the mind & arrogance. A word which points to the actuality or liberation of this illusion of ignorance is enlightenment, about or of which of course nothing is known as there is and never was a separate self such as a knower (not two).

Thoughts compare series of events to this point in time shared by everyone experiencing evolving at the same time since conceived to occupy space specifically alive individually here.

That kinetic self evident evolving process making each something timed apart individually here accountability without reasonable doubt. "It is what it is as is displaced, evolving individually here, now.".

Not theories, theologies, social consensus, nobody knows philosophy haunting ancestries historically into current events of missing links that didn't exist in natural time displaced separately as compounding chromosomes explain each ancestor alive now.

45 minutes ago, solereproduction said:

Thoughts compare series of events to this point in time shared by everyone experiencing evolving at the same time since conceived to occupy space specifically alive individually here.

With respect to direct experience, thoughts appear ‘now’ and seem to compare now with not-now, or ‘events to this point’. ‘Events to this point’ is a thought about something there isn’t actually, like unicorn. 

That kinetic self evident evolving process making each something timed apart individually here accountability without reasonable doubt. "It is what it is as is displaced, evolving individually here, now.".

(With respect to direct experience) Overlooking the falsity of the comparison, there seems to be time, an ‘evolving process’, ‘something timed apart individually’, etc, etc, etc. Slippery slope. 😅 

Not theories, theologies, social consensus, nobody knows philosophy haunting ancestries historically into current events of missing links that didn't exist in natural time displaced separately as compounding chromosomes explain each ancestor alive now.

Right, not theories, including these which are actually apparent thoughts in accordance with direct experience. 

16 hours ago, Phil said:

With respect to direct experience, thoughts appear ‘now’ and seem to compare now with not-now, or ‘events to this point’. ‘Events to this point’ is a thought about something there isn’t actually, like unicorn. 

(With respect to direct experience) Overlooking the falsity of the comparison, there seems to be time, an ‘evolving process’, ‘something timed apart individually’, etc, etc, etc. Slippery slope. 😅 

Right, not theories, including these which are actually apparent thoughts in accordance with direct experience. 

Ancestors thinking are navigating space sharing the same time in their own relative time mutually evolving as evolving sequences their specific time occupying space here.

Thoughts are done comparing what has happened/history to how evolving individually working is still going forward now as a whole species in this atmosphere/current events.

The past ends now as the future is mutually arriving now for everyone alive be they last generation arriving one at a time, 2 parenting their arrival, 4 grandparenting their 2nd generation after their own birth, 3rd generation lefts alive seeing their third generation after birth, and 99% of the great great grandparents and siblings won't be meeting each of their great great grandchildren ever born.

Sequential timing of genetic continuing changes to population only are evolving here in each reality human intellect is guiding each specific great great grandchild changing forms since added a fertilized cell to a population never same people twice.

Reasons for reality isn't the purpose of existing, adapting in the moment is the purpose lifetimes are to a species still having a population evolving forward now as ancestrally positioned in each of the 5 generation gaps living each lifetime did or doesn't advance to the next "level" after birth.

Parent or sibling that never reproduced. Binary code of zero or one.  Absolute aero has two sides.  Never combined results or never duplicated as a result.  

The past ends here, this moment at the same time the future continues for anything left as universally positioned now.

Perpetual motion naturally perpetually balances between expanding details never same contracting combinations again. Any reproduction that is converting molecular elements eroding into cellular results evolving and the inverting process of what is decomposing reverts back into molecular elements has a specific time occupying space here.

I understand the slippery slope of debating what if against what about we, they, them, those people typecast into caricatures of literal translations of how living should be done or else remove those not complying to social consensus by any means measuring compliance to hope, faith, charity, power, wealth, fame protecting tomorrows rather than rescuing generations repeating yesterdays mistakes in over estimating power of suggesting now isn't physical eternity in every alternate reality imagined into laws conducting societal evolution controlling the behavior of each great great grandchild every generation gap alive in plain sight. 

Ignoring how evolving happens induces constant mayhem, madness, misery in each chain of command making promises, keeping secrets that don't happen when limited to mutually evolving as displaced currently occupying time now as ancestrally specifically here performing in an alternate reality regardless which generation gap one was added previously here from their replacements arriving next, now, when conceived.

specific randoms of compounding results sustain random specific details never the same again.  Adapting to the moment in plain sight eternally changing total sum occupying time here.

All respected not punishing anyone for questioning reasonable doubts controlling outcomes of incoming replacements unlike what every alternate reality has done to me.  Correcting corruption requires getting "people to change their mind, not create a new brain that evolved from the nucleus of their fertilized cell and unique time displaced here now.

Actual evolving as experienced since birth never anything more than my time being me occupying space now.  Honesty remains when honest about oneself. Mob rule doesn't save a sole timed apart in specific sequenced arrivals present from inorganic snowflakes to ancestral displacements of the homo sapien species.