Investigating Direct Experience & Self-Realization, Awakening, Enlightenment.

Phil

@solereproduction

With respect to direct experience, the truth and Good news of your own inherent absolute freedom… inspect direct experience. See first hand there is no thinker thinking & feel the dropping of the falsity, the burden. See first hand the inclination to believe there is and that you are and the inevitable projection of separation of others thinking as well. The veiling or illusion is as simple as, or begins with “I’m here”. Appreciate the humor of that. Slow down, be present, let all that go, let the facade, the wall come down brother. If not for yourself or any other reason, for self-respect or simply out of respect for participating in this forum. Set the illusion of knowledge or what you know to be true aside for this one thread and venture into the actuality of being via your own readily available to inspect direct experience. 

With regard to direct experience… awakening / enlightenment will not be in direct experience. 

Why it this so?

The lens-sphere or mind is an appearance, and an appearance can not house, compute, proccess, know, understand, fathom or comprehend that which is appearing. 

Why though?

The nature of appearance is that there isn’t something, there’s appearance that there is. The nature of there isn’t something, is that there isn’t something or someone already which is, will or could… house, compute, proccess, know, understand, fathom or comprehend any thing at all. 

Analogously…

A mirage is not in a desert. 

A rainbow is not in a sky. 

Appearance is not actually a thing, and therefore is not in anything at all. 

On 8/9/2023 at 7:05 AM, Phil said:

@solereproduction

With respect to direct experience, the truth and Good news of your own inherent absolute freedom… inspect direct experience. See first hand there is no thinker thinking & feel the dropping of the falsity, the burden. See first hand the inclination to believe there is and that you are and the inevitable projection of separation of others thinking as well. The veiling or illusion is as simple as, or begins with “I’m here”. Appreciate the humor of that. Slow down, be present, let all that go, let the facade, the wall come down brother. If not for yourself or any other reason, for self-respect or simply out of respect for participating in this forum. Set the illusion of knowledge or what you know to be true aside for this one thread and venture into the actuality of being via your own readily available to inspect direct experience. 

Separation of understand what one is navigating around sharing space while mutually evolving forward as equally timed apart since conceived to replace one's previous ancestry to become or not a next generation oneself has reproductively added to the continuing ever changing numbers still occupying the the moment here as specifically living now allows the freedom from doubts induced on everyone so a few can feel superior to everything here on intellectual ideas life is too difficult to know everything about oneself, now.

direct experience never same total sum twice since the form of a fertilized cell changing shape into my body responding to how you view existing simultaneously herea reproduction of separate ancestry.

Peace is obtained understanding the circumstance that sustain adapting to space in plain sight and without doubt equally here.

2 hours ago, solereproduction said:

Separation of understand what one is navigating around sharing space while mutually evolving forward as equally timed apart since conceived to replace one's previous ancestry to become or not a next generation oneself has reproductively added to the continuing ever changing numbers still occupying the the moment here as specifically living now allows the freedom from doubts induced on everyone so a few can feel superior to everything here on intellectual ideas life is too difficult to know everything about oneself, now.

direct experience never same total sum twice since the form of a fertilized cell changing shape into my body responding to how you view existing simultaneously herea reproduction of separate ancestry.

Peace is obtained understanding the circumstance that sustain adapting to space in plain sight and without doubt equally here.

Lovely. 🤍

The implied knower (of separation of understand) isn’t actually present in accordance with direct experience. This is always readily available to check. 

Under-lying un-inspected self referential beliefs are like pillars of an assumed house of cards, with misidentification resting on top which is a veiling of the ineffable magic & unimaginable beauty of ‘direct experience’ - the miraculous actuality there is already no separation and therein no knower or second which could be known.

Also referred to as liberation or clarity. 

For ‘the knower’, the separate conceptual nonexistent self, knowing & understanding leads to peace. This seeking of that which is appearing, via sifting through appearance (thoughts) to reach that which is appearing is an utterly hopeless, misguided assumed endeavor. It’s hopeless in accordance with direct experience for two very great ‘reasons’; there is no knower seeking (just thoughts in direct experience)… and this is already the peace sought which is believed to be obtainable by the knower or separate self of thought. 

It is only for the illusory separate self, the knower, the seeker, that this is obscured by beliefs of time, space, doubt, superiority, intellectualism, circumstances, obtainable peace, etc. 

Also referred to as suffering or ignorance. 

When all your ignorance is gone, will you know it?

♥️

When the inner & outer is investigated & debunked, the whole of direct experience is akin to being mesmerized by non-reflective mirror. When the notion of identity is dispelled, direct experience could be likened to speaking softly & lovingly into an abyss, void of expectations and anticipation of an echo.

The dispelling of an inner & outer, identity and direct experience is nothing short of miraculous. Like footprints which carry on in the absence of feet, each it’s own inherent reveling in the mystery of being.

Whereas relationships & intimacy were akin to a pinball in minefields of frequency & resonance; in your nakedness, there is but a seeming mist. Fleeting meaningless pleasantries, just as chimes dissipating into the wind of which they arise. The illusion of roles & the behavioral actions dispelled, life as it were is but an unwritten story dawning an empty theater. 

All is as it was, and you are unaccounted for, unrecorded and truly invisible. 

Expectations and exploration of actuality, or, direct experience.

The holding of expectations doesn’t resonate.

In accordance with direct experience - why is this so?

The holding of expectations upon yourself:

The underlying discord is that of the implication that there is a second self. Expectations in this manor require a holder of, and a held upon. 

There are not two of you. 

The holding of expectations upon an other:

That there is an other is an assumption / belief, and therein is in & of itself, an expectation which can not be met. 

For it to seem as if there is an other requires the mixing of thought (other, another, a name, etc), with perception. 

Put another way, what’s required is thought attachment, belief(s), the believing of thoughts, or, the illusion of ignorance. 

In accordance with direct experience; you, awareness or consciousness as it were, experience:

- Thought (the activity of thinking) - directly. 

And

- Perception - directly. 

A thought is never perceived, as in seen or heard, such as visually or audibly with eyes and ears if you will. 

A thought may be that of sight such as an image, or that of sound such as a voice. 

That thought is directly experienced as, a thought.

And not, perception. 

Perception has never been thought, as in thunk. 

A thought may be experienced directly - and believed to be about some thing or some one seen or heard. 

The thought is experienced directly, and perception (seeing & hearing) is experienced directly. 

Seeing, hearing, perception & experience; are thoughts, and do not actually define what they point to. 

Separate things or objects of perception (so to speak) - in accordance with direct experience -  have no actual source, no beginning or ending. 

In short, the holding of expectations upon an other, is the holding of expectations upon what is real only in so far as what’s appearing, and not in so far as appearance. 

You are the one, and because this is so, it would be equally as foolish to hold expectations upon a refrigerator as it would an other. 

Financially, analogously, a third party can guarantee dividends, interest and principal, yet can not guarantee against market loss. In the common market gains in this sense can’t be guaranteed.

The first party is of course you, awareness.

The second party is the separate self of thought.

The third party is an assumption based solely on the second party.

Thus, there is in fact and in direct experience, no gain as it relates to the first party; there is simply no more than an illusion of separate individuals which you, in your eternal infinitude, are right now being.  

There is however, nothing whatsoever which prevents the first party from playing the role of the third, and taking advantage of the overlooking of the second. 

There is nonetheless no chance of any actual, biblically speaking - profitable gain on behalf of ‘either party’. 

See this is in direct experience. 

Mindfully lend attention & focus therein. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/dreamboard-1

In direct experience time is not found. 

Matter of fact, no actual linearity is present. 

So never doubt what you have verified of, in or about, direct experience.

Time has not passed. 

‘That’ is actually, This

Inspect direct experience such that the notion of a second self is dispelled; but never doubt yourself. 

In this sense, you are all that is worthy of believing in.

You are worthy, capable & deserving beyond cognition or measure. 

And of course don’t take anyone’s word for this.

Just look around. 

“You dream it;  I’ll be it”

-  Ever-Present Guidance

Natural unconditional avidity is always available ‘in’ direct experience. 

Relaxing and allowing the body and mind or body-mind to fully de-contract effortlessly ‘bursts resistance bubbles’.

Allow any resistant thoughts / emotions to be felt fully & expressed. Apply brevity.

This is de-fragmenting or, unifying whatever is seemingly not unified. It’s a yoga in & of itself. 

Bodily contraction is mental resistance. Mental resistance is bodily contraction. 

De-contraction sheds aspects which are seemingly added to or upon presence. 

This distilling is an unfettering of focus. Express any resistance which arises to release it & be liberated of it. 

Naturally there is enjoyment of appreciation for the moment as it is, as well as ease & effortless of concentration, comprehension, retention & absorption. 

Nothing said here is the truth.

There are many aspects one can question of direct experience which stand to readily reveal the ineffable truth & essential true nature. 

Question the transitory nature of things. Try to name what in or of experience is not changing.

What about you? Are you found in direct experience? Are you changing? What about you has never changed?

What separates objects? What separates you from objects? Most essentially, attempt to pin point and define separation ‘itself’. 

What is understood of separation, what is understanding separation?

What knows what’s known?

Question the direct experience of objectivity and subjectivity. Does interpretation define, create, obscure an objective experience? A subjective experience?

What is the limitation of thinking in terms of inspection of direct experience? Is the inspection enhanced by thinking, or encumbering?

Why is freedom longed for, and who exactly is longing, and for what exactly?

What is the boundary of yourself, which isn’t the activity of thought?

What can be ‘found’ in direct experience which can not be said, which is ungraspable, unthinkable.

What is true in spite of any thought or what anyone ostensibly says?

What is aware of a subject? Where is, a subject? 

Where is meaning? Where is value? Where is purpose? Where is worth? Where is ‘my mind’? Where is consciousness? 

As there seems to be words and words seem to be read - by what or who? 

Where is control, such as that one is voluntarily reading now, found?

Can control be pointed to?

What isn’t happening, but is being done, a doing? 

Point to doing.

Is there anything in direct experience which is not limited to or by any belief or concept? 

What is emptiness? 

What if fullness?

What is the nature of, source of, and truth of… suffering?

When can or could liberation happen?

Are conditions found in direct experience? Arising about direct experience? 

Can what is conditional experience, conditions?

What was it like, when you were born? 

What can you say in truth about your birth?

Attempt to ‘be born’ now.

What is your first step?

Where would you go, to be born?

If you were truly without limitation, what would you be?

If there’s no actual experience of knowing or understanding, then what’s with the challenging aspects of learning… and the rewarding feeling what ‘it clicks’? 

Doesn’t this mean you didn’t know something, and you learned it, and now you know it?

In accordance with direct experience:

There is the thought that there is a you, and an unknown. 

‘The you’ is not however, anywhere to be found in direct experience.

The direct experience is of the thought. 

The true self is what is thought or believed to be, ‘the unknown’.

Therefore the direct experience of a thought about material to be learned is that the material is - unknown - and thus - not me. 

The underlying assumption is that you are or would be - knowable.

This would require a second self, which knows or could know, the first self.

Clearly there are not two of you.

The rewarding feeling of ‘it clicking’ is like a little closing of an assumed gap.

The great (rewarding) feeling is, yourself.

The feeling is of the closing of the assumed - ‘gap’. 

The experience of learning is as is all ‘other’ experience - apparent.

🤍

The Truth of a glimpse.

What is “the glimpse”?

That there’s no separation.

Who experienced “the glimpse”?

The separate self of thought. 

When was “the glimpse” experienced?

In a past.

What’s suffering?

The separate self of thought. 

What is “the glimpse”?

That there’s no separation. 

I have had one major "experience," which defined itself as seeing that "everything is full of nothing" (as I expressed it at the time). It arose directly from spontaneously asking myself the question "Am I perhaps not just one single thing? Then POW, a shift happened.

It arose upon reading something from Douglas Harding (The "headless" guy). He wrote about how we would be seen in a photo taken from a distance of six feet. It's what we all think about when we think of a person. But then he presented the idea that we could be photographed from ALL distances, and it would still be us. So, if we were seen at a galactic distance we would "be" the galaxy. If we were seen from a sub-atomic distance we would be essentially nothing (because atoms are 99.9% "nothing"). I sort of momentarily accepted the idea that we were just as much the galaxy as we were nothing, I asked the question, and....lol...the answer was there to see.

Since then I try to keep aware of myself as the "witness," by recalling the phrase "It happens by itself" in ALL circumstances -- from getting lost in thought, to any circumstance which occurs. It's a very easy "summary" of the fact that I am consciousness.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

While there can certainly be an experience of mourning & grief, in consideration of the whole of direct experience, there is never an actual experience of loss. 

Yes. 

Yesterday my mom told me that someone in our family died of drug overdose. Grief and shock came up, we were experiencing that together.

Then at the end of our grieving I said to my mom if only he accepted christ into his heart he wouldn't have done that. And she said "I can't believe it now he's gonna be in hell forever!" and I had to use everything in me to not burst out laughing.

Edited by Orb

♾️