Pessimism, alcohol

Blessed2

Been sober about a week now btw. It started to hurt people around me so I didn't want to see them miserable or disappointed.

It hasn't been so bad. Though there is bit of an urge to drink when it seems like there is nothing better to do and the nihilism fires up.

There's also bit of a disbelief that I could feel as relaxed and such pleasure without it. I doubt feeling that good is possible sober.

There must be an effortless way.

So great to hear! ✊🏼

Unfetter. Let discordant thoughts go swiftly. Especially first thing in the morning, and every morning / everyday. See how long into the day the reset from sleep & the letting thoughts go can be carried out. Might be minutes one day, an hour the next, a few hours the next. It’s just a matter of days before it’s inevitably an entire day. You’ll feel the momentum with every passing day. You’ll be shocked at how different experience is and how amazing feeling is, and you’ll have the clarity & passion. 

On 3/2/2023 at 3:49 PM, Blessed2 said:

Been sober about a week now btw. It started to hurt people around me so I didn't want to see them miserable or disappointed.

It hasn't been so bad. Though there is bit of an urge to drink when it seems like there is nothing better to do and the nihilism fires up.

There's also bit of a disbelief that I could feel as relaxed and such pleasure without it. I doubt feeling that good is possible sober.

Just make sure you don’t convince yourself one drink is ok because in my experience it slips all the way back to how it was before.  It’s one thing to quit but another thing to stay quit.  Some people just can’t drink in moderation — and even that is often used as an excuse.  A lot of people who think they drink in moderation are BSing themselves.  Alcoholics don’t drink in moderation.  This comes from my own personal experience with alcohol issues.  I also think it’s important not to regret what has already passed too.  Alcohol is not evil it just has side issues to it that are harmful both bodily and socially if not more areas of life.  It’s like a toxic friendship almost to some people.  Other people can handle drinking on the rare occasion, but those people are not alcoholics.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It is also important to know that life might feel much more easy-peasy without the booze. Because booze creates stress in the system as it is a poison, which dehydrates the system (Hangover is a dehydrated brain if I remember correctly).

It is also possible to have a resistance towards "feeling good". Because that might go against the grain of your personality. Your personality might feel more secure with under-the-weather attitude and booze, but when you cut it out and your body-mind begins to change --- it is possible to have a resistance towards this.

Everything is working out fine -- hence there I should complicate things once again... This is a self-sabotage attitude. I don't know whether you have it. I had this with alcohol and tobacco and weed.